Stand Pat Or Make Moves Still......?

HABZRULE

Do the Habs need to make any more moves? What as a team do we need. Do we send Sheldon packing?

Vishnevski is available according to Brian Burke. He's not a scoring machine but he is physical. Just trying to get some talk going.Boredom is setting in :hlogo:

Unless Souray has asked for a trade behind closed doors then I see no reason to trade a great PP defenceman who can score 10 - 20 goals a season.

Dealing Aebisher is still possible in my opinion but I don't think anything else will happen untill mid-season or the trade deadline.

Unless Souray has asked for a trade behind closed doors then I see no reason to trade a great PP defenceman who can score 10 - 20 goals a season.

Dealing Aebisher is still possible in my opinion but I don't think anything else will happen untill mid-season or the trade deadline.

Souray already said that he doesn't want out of Montréal and never asked for a trade. The same for Aebischer - the management never wanted to trade Aebischer and is happy to have 2 quality goalies.

I think we're set for the new season, unless we can bring in an all-star d-man, though I highly doubt this will happen.

Do the Habs need to make any more moves? What as a team do we need. Do we send Sheldon packing?

Vishnevski is available according to Brian Burke. He's not a scoring machine but he is physical. Just trying to get some talk going.Boredom is setting in :hlogo:

not to worry my habs fan fellow,

only 65 days before the start on the season

about a month till the rookie training camp and 6 weeks before the REAL camp.

I don't expect any movement from any body for the next few weeks but we could see movement by the end of the training camp few rookies push up for a spot or that we have another injury on D

I would love to see Vishnevski in montreal. we could see a trade between montreal and anaheim. both team seem to have some cap room

I hope we stand pat.

LEAVE SOME PLACE FOR OUR YOUNG GUNS TO GROW INTO THE TEAM!!!!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Not saying I expect any moves from the Habs for the remainder of the summer. However, I must add...people, do you think Habs management is going to come out and say "Yes, we are looking for a place to trade Aebischer, we have no need for him"...or that Souray isn't going to deny that a trade was requested? Someone pointed out before, his response to the trade rumours was that he loved playing in Montreal. Not exactly an outright claim to not wanted to be traded. Anyway, my point is, don't use what management has said, or players have said, as reasons for players not moving. Didn't the Habs promise Kirk Muller that he wouldn't be moved mere days before he was shipped out to the Isles? (I know it was a different regime in charge at the time, but management/player statements mean nearly nothing in the game of business that is the NHL.)

If anything has to be changed it would have to be upgrade on second line center, thats it thats all nothing more, and i do say we have a contending team.

I tend to agree, but I am concerned with our lack of depth at D, and the increasing injuries in that department.

I could post a rumour from another board but...not allowed to.

I'll assume you're referring to the Briere/Ryder + prospect. Depending on the prospect, I'd be inclined to take an offer like that. But the Habs would need to have something in place to move Ribeiro. I don't think this is going to happen, but hey, it's August, it's slow, and something needs to be talked about. Zednik for Lang! Oh wait, that can't happen for the Habs anymore...HA!

Yea, lets hear it Athletique.

Briere for Ryder and a prospect sounds good to me, but I don't know about trading Kostitsyn or Perezhogin. I guarantee you that one of them will be a Briere or better someday and we will be killing ourselves.

Im for Pat

But this doesnt mean that I will overlook whats happening in Buffalo and more importantly Philly!! I would trade almost anyone or even better 4 first draft picks for Simon Gagne But thats My opinion!

Do you think Dumont could become available? The arbitrator has awarded him a 2.something million salary. Do the sabres have enough room to sign hiim? If not, would you be interested in Dumont? I would. Getting better ever year, and he nearly put up Koivu numbers last year.

Do you think Dumont could become available? The arbitrator has awarded him a 2.something million salary. Do the sabres have enough room to sign hiim? If not, would you be interested in Dumont? I would. Getting better ever year, and he nearly put up Koivu numbers last year.

Where would we put Dumont? He's not a centre nor is he a top-pairing defenseman. He doesn't address our needs.

Where would we put Dumont? He's not a centre nor is he a top-pairing defenseman. He doesn't address our needs.

That is true, but I'd like to make room for him. Just for topic of discussion, would you trade Ribeiro and Ryder for Briere and then sign Dumont?

That is true, but I'd like to make room for him. Just for topic of discussion, would you trade Ribeiro and Ryder for Briere and then sign Dumont?

Nope, I'd rather give Ryder's spot to a young guy such as Kastitsyn, Perezhogin, Grabovski, Latendresse, etc.

rather than upgrade the 2nd line center .... i'd rather see the habs get a true #1 center and move Saku to the 2nd line .. I love Saku but the habs would be awsome if they can use him as a 2nd line center ... I'd still would love to see Vinny Lecavalier in a habs uni but he salary makes that almost impossible. unless TB is interested in Ribiero , Ryder and Abby ( about 6 mil in salary ) ... but they're not. Maybe Jokinen would be easier to get ....

i'm sure Dark_Faerie87 would love to see more finns on the team ! :lol:

But I think the Habs are good for now .. see who steps up and makes the team and then deciede on who to trade after training camp and see how injuries effect other teams.

rather than upgrade the 2nd line center .... i'd rather see the habs get a true #1 center and move Saku to the 2nd line .. I love Saku but the habs would be awsome if they can use him as a 2nd line center ... I'd still would love to see Vinny Lecavalier in a habs uni but he salary makes that almost impossible. unless TB is interested in Ribiero , Ryder and Abby ( about 6 mil in salary ) ... but they're not. Maybe Jokinen would be easier to get ....

i'm sure Dark_Faerie87 would love to see more finns on the team ! :lol:

But I think the Habs are good for now .. see who steps up and makes the team and then deciede on who to trade after training camp and see how injuries effect other teams.

Damn straight! :king:

I still say with LOUD confidence... NO... MORE... AC...QUI...SI...TIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(with polite subtlety)

Edited by shortcat1

I still say with LOUD confidence... NO... MORE... AC...QUI...SI...TIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(with polite subtlety)

So what are you really trying to say ? :?-

:1special: