• Good Charlotte
    • Sum 41
    • Blink 182
    • The Pussycat Dolls
    • Ali & AJ
    • The Beastie Boys
    • Godsmack
    • Other (Specify)

Don't vote Other and then say Paris Hilton or someone. I'm talking bands here. If it were solo artists too then I would go on forever listing people like Gavin Degraw and Adhlee Simpson.

I know there are TONS of others that I forgot/never heard of but these are the mainstream, wellknown crappy bands. And besides, the important one is up there: Simple Plan. That whiny singer has the frikkin most annoying voice in the world. And they probably have the world's worst lyrics.

Godsmack? well... I know a lot of people like them but to me it's pure crap..same as Korn and Slipknot et al...

same for the Beastie Boys. I have no idea where they get their fans.

Why the heck is Blink there?

They broke up a year and a half ago. ;_;

Anyway, I'm with TBRC. I hate them so much, mostly because whatshisface is getting Duffed and I'm not. :angry:

And that Ali chick is pretty hot.

Beastie Boys? ALL hip-hop bands would deserve to be up there EXCEPT the Boys. Even if their latest stuff isnt up to par, they're still legends. You can't call them crappy and hope to conserve a shred of credibility. Come on BTH, you can't be that uncultivated.

Simple Plan does what its name implies: playing simple pop-punk music. It works and their from friggin' Montreal where the entire music establishment hates bands who want to sing in English. Their success is a big "F U" to those haters.

Blink? Godsmack? Sum 41? They all kick ass who can actually play music. WTF is your major malfunction?

I say worse band is a tie between the posers from Good Charlotte and the Olsen Twins wannabes. Though I've voted for "Other" just because the poll choices sucks! :P

Do Ali & AJ actually have any top 40 hits or anything? I've only seen them once, on the Family channel.

I've seen Phil of the Future episodes more then those two.

POTF is the shitz...

:unsure: Errr...Yeah, how bout them current events? :unsure:

Simple Plan does what its name implies: playing simple pop-punk music. It works and their from friggin' Montreal where the entire music establishment hates bands who want to sing in English. Their success is a big "F U" to those haters.

I don't mind that they're from montreal and sing in english. it they sang in french it would be worse.

simple plan..the name tells it:

here' the recipe: step by step :P

step 1: ( we can have lotsa fun)you need young guys with a certain music talent

step 2: these guys have to have good looks..not too cute but not ugly either

step 3: they need to sing some corporate emo music for all the young kids in their puberty.

step 4: they need a good agent and public relationship department to mold em into something that pleases the kids and their mommies.

step 5: make the same type of song a dozen time and bang!! you have an album.

step 6: for the next album: DO NOT CHANGE A THING MUSICWISE, JUST CUT YOUR HAIR, ADD A TATOO!!!

people want to hear the same old crap over and over again but if you change clothing they'll think you're a brand new band.

step 7: die rich after the third album because people are sick and tired of you and because the same type a band as taken your place with a different type of music but the same recipe.

it's been going on since the early 50s when pop rock music hit the scene.

when I was younger( not that i'm really old) simple plan was called CREED, 3 DOORS DOWN. hey even a band like the cranberries that I use to worship as fallen in that category.

This is one of those forum topic idea's that you should have kept for yourself BTH.

It's all a matter of opinion here. Some people like certain bands and other don't. You either like something or you don't, it's that simple.

You don't see Kenny Rogers or Kenny G ripping a new one on Snoop Dogg if they don't like his music. They keep those comments for themselves if anything.

I don't mind that they're from montreal and sing in english. it they sang in french it would be worse.

simple plan..the name tells it:

here' the recipe: step by step :P

step 1: ( we can have lotsa fun)you need young guys with a certain music talent

step 2: these guys have to have good looks..not too cute but not ugly either

step 3: they need to sing some corporate emo music for all the young kids in their puberty.

step 4: they need a good agent and public relationship department to mold em into something that pleases the kids and their mommies.

step 5: make the same type of song a dozen time and bang!! you have an album.

step 6: for the next album: DO NOT CHANGE A THING MUSICWISE, JUST CUT YOUR HAIR, ADD A TATOO!!!

people want to hear the same old crap over and over again but if you change clothing they'll think you're a brand new band.

step 7: die rich after the third album because people are sick and tired of you and because the same type a band as taken your place with a different type of music but the same recipe.

I wont defend Simple Plan and try to pretend they're as ground-breaking or daring as The Arcade Fire. Aside from one song (Perfect World) I dont even like their sound much... just not my type. But they're far from a formulaic "from the ground up" corporate pop-punk product like, say, Avril Lavigne; or a genre tail-rider like Three Doors Down. They just have a knack for writing simple, catchy songs. Case and point is that Motley Crue owes If I Die Tomorrow to SP.

I wouldn't know which band is the worst on the radio. All I hear is the crap FM stations in Ottawa.

Sometimes I can get 99.9 the Buzz ( Plattsburgh ). At least they play some decent stuff now and then.

REM really annoys the hell out of me.

If I ever win a lottery, I'll build my own station and play Tool, APC, NIN, Korn, Metallica ( old stuff only ).

Truth be told, I'd rather listen to the Jim Rome show. <_<

Pussycat Dolls

Teaching 13 year olds to be sluts is just wrong.

At least wait till they are 16.

How can you vote against hot 20-something women? Well, not all of them are hot. The red hair chick has a freaky face and I don't like that back-up black chick.

C'mon Trizzak, geez.

How can you vote against hot 20-something women? Well, not all of them are hot. The red hair chick has a freaky face and I don't like that back-up black chick.

C'mon Trizzak, geez.

Come live in Quebec jetsniper. Hot 20-something women are the norm here. So much so, you wont get all giddy over some generic bad Spice Girls rip-off... :P

Come live in Quebec jetsniper. Hot 20-something women are the norm here. So much so, you wont get all giddy over some generic bad Spice Girls rip-off... :P

Wouldn't that imply that the Spice Girls were good to start with?

And since the subject was broached, I hate the term pop-punk. There's nothing pop about punk, and there's nothing punk about pop. It's a oxymoron if ever there was one. And dating Hillary Duff means you have no punk in you whatsoever. So just take out the facial jewelry, put away the black clothes and make-up, and just be a rock or pop act. That akin to Joey Ramone dating Debbie Boone.

And since the subject was broached, I hate the term pop-punk. There's nothing pop about punk, and there's nothing punk about pop. It's a oxymoron if ever there was one. And dating Hillary Duff means you have no punk in you whatsoever. So just take out the facial jewelry, put away the black clothes and make-up, and just be a rock or pop act. That akin to Joey Ramone dating Debbie Boone.

I understand what you mean, but in our era of fragmented, cross-genre music markets there's hardly any type of music one could consider entirely subversive or anti-establishment.

@Tony: whenever yo usay "the worst *of anything*" it's always a matter of opinion. I new most people would disagree with my poll choices, hence the Other box.

I've only heard a few of the Beastie Boyz' big hits but all of them seemed like crap to me. I'm not much of s rap fan but I'd take many more modern rappers over him - my old favourite being Eminem.

Simple Plan does what they are supposed to do but that doesn't prevent them from sucking. The singer has one of the worst voices I've ever heard and his lyrics are shit. Just whining. Emo sang in a pop tune.

I actually kinda like Blink 182 but they're known for having crappy and simple lyrics and have a lot of haters. Sum 41 well.... I actually have their new Chuck CD and I like their sound sometimes but...

For solo artist I'd definitely have to go with Shawn Desman.

@Tony: whenever yo usay "the worst *of anything*" it's always a matter of opinion. I new most people would disagree with my poll choices, hence the Other box.

I've only heard a few of the Beastie Boyz' big hits but all of them seemed like crap to me. I'm not much of s rap fan but I'd take many more modern rappers over him - my old favourite being Eminem.

Simple Plan does what they are supposed to do but that doesn't prevent them from sucking. The singer has one of the worst voices I've ever heard and his lyrics are shit. Just whining. Emo sang in a pop tune.

I actually kinda like Blink 182 but they're known for having crappy and simple lyrics and have a lot of haters. Sum 41 well.... I actually have their new Chuck CD and I like their sound sometimes but...

For solo artist I'd definitely have to go with Shawn Desman.

Maybe before starting to judge music, one would have to broaden his scope and develop some sense of context.

I mean... saying the Beastie Boys sucks now is like only seeing the last few seasons of Mark Messier and say he was just a slow crappy mucker.

An opinion is always just an opinion; but there's a difference between an informed, educated opinion and a first-impression opinion.