Where Is Andrei Kostitsyn

markierung

Out of curiosity, where is Andrei Kostitsyn?

He wasn't at the prospect camp and i was wondering how far along he is on his development,

is he at the same level as Chipchurra, Latendresse and Aubin? :hlogo:

Out of curiosity, where is Andrei Kostitsyn?

He wasn't at the prospect camp and i was wondering how far along he is on his development,

is he at the same level as Chipchurra, Latendresse and Aubin? :hlogo:

He's much further in his development than those 3. Kosty is maybe a year behind Plekanec and Higgins, a little behind Perezhogin (I think Zhog's year away from the AHL slowed his development).

Chipper is ahead of Lats and Aubin.

I'm looking forward to seeing him make the grade & make a name for himself.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Why is het making much more money than Plekanec/Higgins/Perezhogin? Or is it just his 2 way contract listed for the cap? He's making more than 800.000 i believe!

It could be because he is a higher draft pick than those guys!

It could be because he is a higher draft pick than those guys!

being picked 10th overall can give a nice pile of rouble !!

being picked 10th overall can give a nice pile of rouble !!

I trust that he'll make the investment a worthwhile one for the Canadiens. :):)

Kostitsyn has the potential and I have to admit that I haven't seen much of him.

But the things I've seen... I don't know if Im that impressed.

he may not be as flashy as one would've liked but kostitsyn will be an efficient player for years to come

I think he'll be this years perezhogin playing on a checking line and seeing pp once in a while.

if he gets 10-15 25pts, as well as a positive +- rating, I'll be more then happy. I want to see him fight in the corners and drive for the net for he has a great frame.

Kostitsyn has the potential and I have to admit that I haven't seen much of him.

But the things I've seen... I don't know if Im that impressed.

I whish I had the provisions necessary to have yourself doubted your impressions but I dont.

My sole positive impressions about himself was that he was bigger than I had anticipated but except for his goal I thought him to be invisible in more ways than one. Exposures where limited to some pre-saison games and the little time he had on the ice with us last season so I wouldn't extrapolate more than it is warranted,....

it is fair to say thought that my anthousiasme about him has more to do with his hight draft ranking selection

number and the rest than it's behaviour on the ice.....as seen thus far.

He probably wasn't at the camp because he has been to 2 already. With him being in our system as long as he has he probably is now exempt in the eyes of management.

Indeed Kosty has been to a development camp already, however I seem to recall him getting hurt ( groin ) in londons playoff run. If i'm not mistaken he skipped camp to ensure that he is at 100% and be the first 18 year old to crack the roster since Svoboda. unless he turns 19 before october.

When I lived closer to Hamilton I was able to watch Kostitsyn play a few times for the Bulldogs...Things that stood out.

He has a heavy shot (Which I did not expect)

Is not the fastest guy on the ice but can puck handle at his top speed.

There is something deceiving about the way he plays, he looks uncomfortable at times, almost sluggish, but still gets it done…also, his play without the puck improved immensely from the first time I watched him compared to the next (a few months).

I think he has the most pure offensive talent of all the Habs prospects, whether he puts it together or not remains to be seen.

Shit did someone lose him again :o ... alright everyone break out the flashlights we gotta find Kotsi again :unsure: Training camp opens in Sept. :P

loll :P

Indeed Kosty has been to a development camp already, however I seem to recall him getting hurt ( groin ) in londons playoff run. If i'm not mistaken he skipped camp to ensure that he is at 100% and be the first 18 year old to crack the roster since Svoboda. unless he turns 19 before october.

This thread is about Andrei Kostitsyn, not his little brother Sergei. As for any U-20 guys making the roster, Latendresse is the only one with a legit chance. If he couldn't make it after the camp he put together last year, nobody else they have will make it this year.

This thread is about Andrei Kostitsyn, not his little brother Sergei. As for any U-20 guys making the roster, Latendresse is the only one with a legit chance. If he couldn't make it after the camp he put together last year, nobody else they have will make it this year.

Ah.......... these Byelorussians... they all look the same... :o and on top of that..... the same name...? How can you tell 'em apart? :?- :blink:

Sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhh... :wacko::wacko:

Edited by shortcat1

Ah.......... these Byelorussians... they all look the same... :o and on top of that..... the same name...? How can you tell 'em apart? :?- :blink:

Sheeeshhhhhhhhhhhhh... :wacko::wacko:

lets just hope they wont wear the same number when they'll be in montreal

I saw him play in Montreal when he was called up last year, and I was pretty impressed... His first goal was a no look, one timer from the slot...doesn't get any cleaner than that! This guy can score...all he needs is someone to feed him the puck... He also didn't shy away from the physical side of the game...he's a thick kid, which bodes well for his ability to create open ice

I look forward to seeing him flatten Tucker, a la Kovalev!