Firsts are fun and exciting. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Go :hlogo: Go!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firsts are fun and exciting. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Go :hlogo: Go!

you shoudl'Ve read a bit further shortcat !!! I was saying that my NEXT move(not the one I just made) would normally be in a house...or a mental institution !!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's freaking over !!

moved in yesterday..under pooring rain of course:(

Yes, if there is a time when you want the weather to be just right, it's when you move. Not too hot, not too cold, no rain, no wind, no snow, no nothing. When I helped my brother move in March this year, it was snowing like crazy. THat was terrible - the snow got in everywhere and therefor everything got wet once the snow melted. There was also so much snow that my dad almost couldn't get the car to move out of the driveway, what with the heavy load in the wagon and all. :angry:

WHen I'm moving, on December 1st, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the angry weather gods don't decide to have a bit of fun with me.

Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm only moving a couple hundred metres down the street. ;)

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

• 4 weeks later...

It did take me a while to get used to it when I moved out of my parents house. They live in a neighbourhood that is as far away from down town that you can get in that direction, and it's all one-family or two-family houses, with a back yard with lawns and trees and bushes and such. I moved to an appartment (I've learnt that technically the form of living is called a condo in English, but I just can't get used to writing that, to me it's an apartment :lol: ) which is much closer to downtown, and it's in a ten-story building with 5 appartments on each floor, there are only appartment buildings in this hood. There's a pizzeria/pub a couple hundred yards down the street, and while it has quieted down a lot ever since new ownership took over a couple years ago, there were a lot more people moving about here at night than I was used to from my growing up in a more suburban type of hood. There's a lot more people moving about at all times of the day, actually, but I remember the first week, I could hardly go to sleep at night because of all the new sounds (or should I call them noices).

So it took me a while to get used to it. And after a honeymoon-like period of a couple months had gone by (during which life was goooooooooooood to yours truly with his newfound freedom), there came a period of time when I suddenly felt very disconnected from my family. I felt very lonely. BUt I got over that in time too. Now I'm loving it. And I recently reflected on how strange it is that one can get so accustomed to the annonymity in being just one person in a whole mass of people. At first when I moved here I felt as if there were people everywhere, and they were all looking at me. Now I feel the same way, but at the same time in an opposite sort of way, when I visit my parents; it's so quiet and there aren't a soul in sight, and when there is one, he or she are looking at you. :wacko:

I think it is going to take some getting used to my new place though.

I'll be begin moving my stuff over to my new place on Thursday this week. I'll be taking care of the last details down at the bank at 10 o'clock, but I figured it'd be smarter to start moving stuff on Friday, since they are coming to do some maintenance work on the elevator on Thursday. Why walk three flights of stairs with a shitload of televisions sets, boxes with books and clothes and everything if you dont have to? Granted, there are some things (like the bookshelves) that we'll have to carry down the stairs (the door of the elevator is too low so the book cases won't fit). But still...

So what I'll be doing on Thursday is head out to IKEA with my brother and grandpa to buy a new bed and a new couch. I'm going to a concert on Thursday evening, so putting the bed and the sofa together feels like a good amount of things to do as far as moving goes.

The first time I'll be coming to you live from my new location will most likely be on Friday evening, or Saturday.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Ohw how i can recognize myself in your story. I've been 2 days here now and its still kinda weird. especially at nights when i have to go back (i still eat with my parents cuz my kitchen isnt ready to cook yet).

Also about that loudness of everything. I use to live with my parents in a 2 under 1 roof house (thats how it called here). You had very good walls so you didnt hear anything from the neigbours. Or the rest of you family when you're in your room. But in the appartment where i live now you hear everything. Its like the walls are of cartboard. Its Horrible, cuz i hear everything from my upstairs neighboor. And all day its in my mind to be not so loud cuz they can hear you (yeah thats something i hate). I annoys me, so till now im not so happy. But i've heared it from more people that thats only a matter of time. Well lets hope so.....

This is the first time I'm posting from my new location. :)

The deal was finalized on Thursday and I got the keys and moved only a few things that day. I also went to IKEA with my dad and my brother and I bought a new bed, a new sofa and a chest of drawers.

A bunch of relatives started helping me move things on Friday and I pieced my new furniture together. We continued to move stuff yesterday. All I've managed to do today was to finish putting the chest of drawers together and move the desk for my computer and now to set up the computer. I saw the rerun of last night's game against the Leafs - can there be a better way to christen the new appartment than to watch the Habs come back from a 3-1 deficit to win in a shootout? B) (Great goals by Koivu and Souray in the SO btw.)

No, I am in no rush. But it would still be good to get it over with ASAP.

How about you Dutchie, are you starting to get used to your new place?

Yes thats nice after you moved, take time and settle down. And finish everything easily.

Yeah im feeling more and more @ home, thnx!

it's the 1st time on your own isn't it ??

haha yeah your right.

I wanted to go earlier, but couldnt. I was studying close to home and wasnt making enough money to go on my own. And College is so much more fun when you got some money to spent. So when i graduated it took me almost 1/2 year to get a job. And of the first money i bought a decent car, cuz the one i was travelling everyday to work was falling apart.(Ford Fiesta :D) So when i had the money to go on my own and i saw a decent/ my price categorie house i took the shot :D

I didnt buy, im renting now. If you want to rent a house you gotta be member of an association, and the longer your member the better choice you have. Off all the people applying for that house, the guy thats member the longest will get the house. So you gotta be member for very long for even a decent house. (and offcourse i was kinda late with the membership. I became member when i thought about moving out, well then your to late. Been member 2 years, and the apartment i live in is in a quite decent place/area. Not to unlucky with that)