Rds Is Now Talking About Dumont.

C-Love

According to RDS.ca this may just happen, upon further review of the situation, Dumont just may be a fit in Montreal, especially if it's true that he contacted BG and is willing to take a paycut to be here. I usually don't get too excited about rumours that pop up on here, but this one is starting to make more sense.

This would be exceptional for the club, even though, I do believe that Ryder may be the odd man out in this situation unless BG could find a way to dump Bonk and his ridiculous salary.

In Bob we Trust.

As for KOZED closing the last thread regarding this topic, I think you were a little premature, after all that is what this forum is for, to discuss rumours and whatnot. You didn't take into account where the yahoo's from that blog may have gotten their information. It may be on another reliable site, patience and diligence are in order.

EDIT: Removed BS link being used as the source to this post.

Edited by KoZed

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumont won'T come to montreal...if he did so, we'd have to get rid of some winger...who?? kovalev, ryder higgins, samsonov. and are russian/belarussian kids ?? I don't don't see it happen

This is the 1st rumor that I absolutly do not want to happen. Why do we need Dumont with guys like Higgins, Samosonov, Ryder, Kovalev, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, hell I'd even take Murray over Dumont, atleast he has some intesity to his game. Everyone of the other 6 guys I named are better than Dumont. I'm still not understanding this rumor, I guess it's just because the guys french <_<

Makes sense to me that he contacted bob. After all, who in their right mind wouldn't want to wear the red blue and white? As for it coming to pass...who knows. But I would be happy to have him for next season, if he would sign for 1 with a team option to extend. It would give the young guys another development season in which they could all move in and out of the big teams lineup.

Ryder this...and Ryder that.

Does Ryder want to stay? Who knows? It would not surprise me if Ryder or Ribeiro were traded. You have to wonder how long Ryder will be a Tricolour? Gainey might just take Dumont and do a subsequent trade to move someone out. We’ll see.

TSN scouting report:

Assets-Possesses the hands of a surgeon and knowledge of where to go to score goals. Pays the price in front of the net in order to light the lamp.

Flaws-Isn't a consistent worker for 60 minutes. Needs to use his big frame more to his advantage. Is a below-average defensive player.

Career potential-Top six winger.

Bob will do what must be done :hlogo:

I don't see this happening ... yes Dumont is a good player .. but the habs would have to dump people to accomidate him and its not even training camp yet ... we don't know which people are going to step up or have made a big improvement in the off season ... we need to find out .. they're will be time to trade people and make roster moves during the preseason.

btw ... I think what the mods are trying to get across is that, unless its from a reliable news sorce and not from a rumor blog like Eklund / rumors.blogspot, don't post it ... there are plenty of things to discuss ... I think most of the people who post here can come up with better rumors than those knuckleheads ... if you feel that you think the Habs should pick up a player then post why and state YOUR opinion .. don't go off of what those type of rumor places splat all over they're websites just to get people to read. its not a contest here to get as many replies to a thread as possible ... if your idea to pick up a player is good then people will talk about it ... if not then people won't .. but that's ok because the world isn't going to end.

sorry for the semi-rant .. it was not directed at anyone :)

As for KOZED closing the last thread regarding this topic, I think you were a little premature, after all that is what this forum is for, to discuss rumours and whatnot. You didn't take into account where the yahoo's from that blog may have gotten their information. It may be on another reliable site, patience and diligence are in order.

Read the Forum's guidelines again. No rumors from other message boards. A blog is a personnal message board. I wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to find a link to a legitimate source on that guy's blog and there was nothing except a whole bunch of made up stuff.

Spread your own false rumors, not those from dorks from other sites.

I heard from a guy in eygpt that heard it from a guy in china that patrick roy was going to come out of retirement and kidnap Jaques Plante and force him to unretire his #1 jersey so he can wear it and play for the Habs again ... also he'd only want Abby to be his back up and have Huet there just to shine his skates .. which he got from a guy in mongolia that said they were magical. :D

Okay everyone is getting mad when thinking about adding Dumont. Chill out first of all.

Secondly, lets compare Ryder and Dumont.

Checking - Dumont

Passing - Dumont

Skating - Dumont

Shooting (thus scoring) - Ryder

Speed - Dumont

Defence - Dumont

I llike ryder alot, but if incorporating Dumont with the team somehow means Ryder and for example Ribeiro or someone getting traded for a big, skilled centre then I say why not. Then after that goes down there will be a space for a rookie most likely.

I heard from a guy in eygpt that heard it from a guy in china that patrick roy was going to come out of retirement and kidnap Jaques Plante and force him to unretire his #1 jersey so he can wear it and play for the Habs again ... also he'd only want Abby to be his back up and have Huet there just to shine his skates .. which he got from a guy in mongolia that said they were magical. :D

Damn.. beat me to it... :D

Okay everyone is getting mad when thinking about adding Dumont. Chill out first of all.

Secondly, lets compare Ryder and Dumont.

Checking - Dumont

Passing - Dumont

Skating - Dumont

Shooting (thus scoring) - Ryder

Speed - Dumont

Defence - Dumont

I llike ryder alot, but if incorporating Dumont with the team somehow means Ryder and for example Ribeiro or someone getting traded for a big, skilled centre then I say why not. Then after that goes down there will be a space for a rookie most likely.

I like your idea of packaging ryder and ribeiro for a good sized/skilled center .. that's what the habs need ... however its a tight line to walk .. do you sign Dumont first ? then everyone would know what bob was doing and ryder's stock goes down and teams will ask for more for that player we're looking for ... if you trade first there's no gurentee (sp) that Dumont will sign .. he may change his mind or someone will offer him more money.

I like your idea of packaging ryder and ribeiro for a good sized/skilled center .. that's what the habs need ... however its a tight line to walk .. do you sign Dumont first ? then everyone would know what bob was doing and ryder's stock goes down and teams will ask for more for that player we're looking for ... if you trade first there's no gurentee (sp) that Dumont will sign .. he may change his mind or someone will offer him more money.

That is fair optimism. However, if Dumont truly wants to play for us like RDS is reporting, then I think Bob letting him know what he is planning to incorporate him in the lineup will hopefully go well with Dumont, and he will sign after a trade goes down. Now this is a PURE EXAMPLE, nobody bash me this is just an example.

Trade Ryder and Ribeiro for Jokinen, sign Dumont

Higgins-Koivu-Dumont

Samsonov-Jokinen-Kovalev (oohh man what a line)

Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kostistyn

Murray-Bonk-Begin

all 3 lines can score, and we have good speed and grit on the fourth line. How can someone complain about that idea? lol

REMINDER: The Jokinen trade was an EXAMPLE. just reminding because I know how some people can flame up on these boards.

Read the Forum's guidelines again. No rumors from other message boards. A blog is a personnal message board. I wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to find a link to a legitimate source on that guy's blog and there was nothing except a whole bunch of made up stuff.

Damn you free speech. DAMN YOU!

:king:

That post made my day! :D I laughed like crazy.

btw.

Heard a rumour from Stockholm that Michael Jordan will sign as the new Habs mascot. :king:

Guys, J.P. Dumont's career year is worse than both of Ryder's first two seasons. This was the first year that Dumont put up the kind of offensive numbers that you guys seem to think is a sure thing for him. It took him 4 full seasons and parts of 2 others to become the player he was last season. And even then his PPG was lower than Ryder's in his rookie season.

Giving up on Ryder because he has been "difficult" to sign is ridiculous. Players frequently slump in their 2nd season, and Ryder lead the team in goal scoring. I'll take it.

Guys, J.P. Dumont's career year is worse than both of Ryder's first two seasons. This was the first year that Dumont put up the kind of offensive numbers that you guys seem to think is a sure thing for him. It took him 4 full seasons and parts of 2 others to become the player he was last season. And even then his PPG was lower than Ryder's in his rookie season.

Giving up on Ryder because he has been "difficult" to sign is ridiculous. Players frequently slump in their 2nd season, and Ryder lead the team in goal scoring. I'll take it.

I agree, and that is why nobody is suggesting losing Ryder and adding Dumont 1 for 1. But if Ryder and someone else can fetch us the big skilled center that uses the body that we need, I'd do it. Then I would add Dumont to take Ryders spot.

Since now I've seen a real legitimate source (thank you Mr. Nasty!), I'll comment...

Dumont would definitely bring something the Habs have in short supply: size mixed with a scoring touch from the wing. My problem with Dumont is that a) he's often injured and B) 2.9M$ for a guy that never really established himself is a lot.

I lump Dumont in the same category as Zednik or Ryder. A guy that has 1st-line potential but hasn't reached that level... yet. 2.9M$ for that type of player is a lot.

If Dumont wants to be in Montreal bad enough to accept something between 2.2/2.5, I'd think long and hard about it. He'd surely solidify that left side I'm so sceptic about. Samsonov replacing Bulis still leaves us with two sophomore on the same side (Higgins and Perezhogin/Kostitsyn). I'd rather have another vet on that side and see Perezhogin/Kosty used on the RW.

As for the comparisons between Dumont and Ryder... If you go by past achievements alone, Ryder wins hands down. The incentive with Dumont is his potential ceiling, which is higher than Ryder.

Personnaly, I wouldn't mind taking a chance with a 28 yrs old guy who has that type of 1st-line, size & scoring potential if the contract is reasonable. He'd bring some diversity to the forward crop and give Carbo more options. It's a low-risk, high-reward gambling.

The only downside, and its one that really bugs me, is that it'd take away a spot from one of the kids we've got coming up. Though right now there's basically only two spots opened (3rd LW, 4th RW). With Dumont, there's basically only a 4th line spot opened and I'd wouldn't see a Kosty/Zhog being used on that line.

Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Dumont - Plekanec - Johnson

Begin - Bonk - _______

It'd sure give now nice lines though... Higgins, Samsonov, Dumont on one side, Kovalev, Ryder, Johnson on the other. Much more line combinations possible if necessary.

Higgins-Koivu-Dumont

Samsonov-Jokinen-Kovalev (oohh man what a line)

Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kostistyn

Murray-Bonk-Begin

2 questions

1, why did we sign Johnson if not to play him?

2, Why do you feel Begin deserves only 4th line ice time?

Starting to say screw this site until camp opens and people stop talking out of their pant seats. Too much speculation and what ifs with no real thought going into them. Oh, and a big name center and Dupont would blow the cap, leaving us no space for future considerations, even if you drop Ryder (bad mistake at this point of time) and Ribs.

1, why did we sign Johnson if not to play him?

2, Why do you feel Begin deserves only 4th line ice time?

1. An obvious omition on Habsfan's part.

2. Because that is what Begin is, a 4th liner. He brings a lot of heart and hustle to the team, but he does it from the 4th line.