Do The Habs Really Need More Size?

Hawkeye

Most of our team is now over 6'2" and the ones that are under that are all pretty tough guys like Begin, Murray, Downey. Perezhogin, Higgins, and Kostitsyn are all young guys that seem to be good in the corners and pretty good checkers. Kovalev can definetly handle himself.

There's only 7 on the Habs that I would call small weak players and they would be Dandenault, Koivu (because of injuries, not from lack of effort), Plekanec, Ribeiro, Streit, Samsonov and Johnson (I think). All of which have something else that they are needed on the team for like Plekanec to kill penalties and Koivu and Samsonov for their skills, etc.

I think the Habs have a perfect blend of Size and Skill and Grit, and after a few more years experiance for the young guys we will have an awesome team.

Height 6.03 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots R

johnson is not small but he doesn't play a physical game. I think he can handle a little scrap but he won't be looking for it. as for koivu, he's not on the big side but he plays a big guy's game...If only he had his brothers size:rolleyes:

as for our need of size, I would love to have a big center but not at all costs...we have to give our team a chance and if they fail, we make changes

Height 6.03 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots R

johnson is not small but he doesn't play a physical game. I think he can handle a little scrap but he won't be looking for it. as for koivu, he's not on the big side but he plays a big guy's game...If only he had his brothers size:rolleyes:

as for our need of size, I would love to have a big center but not at all costs...we have to give our team a chance and if they fail, we make changes

Indeed, Johnson used to shy away from the physical side of things, however I can't help but think that Carbo will change that habbit right quick.

I remember watching the second great GUY, it he was not afraid of the physical side of things.

As for the size... you can never have enough size on your roster, especially if your roster is that of the HABS, everyone wants to beat you, in every sense of the word. So yes in my humble opinion we need more size.

:hlogo: IN BOB WE TRUST :hlogo:

Our light weights :

Ribeiro, Plekanec, Koivu, Streit, Samsonov.

Our middle-weights :

Higgins, Ryder, Perezhogin, Johnson, Kostitsyn, Murray, Begin, Downey, Markov, Dandenault,

Bouillon.

Our heavy weights :

Kovalev, Bonk, Rivet, Souray, Komisarek.

Masse, balance, height, weight, subjective, objective.

I dont know how far we are on the light side of average but I believe that we are on

the light side of things.

I think the deeper a team possess speed and talents within it's roster the better this team

will be, but if a team is lucky enought to have all of that plus a substantiel size as well,...

there is no doubt that such team would be one to be reckoned with.