:hlogo:

Nine years ? :?-

I thought he was 850K times 3 ?

We'd better extend Bonk for another 2 years ! :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the age going down to 27? Thus it would be 8 years if I'm not mistaken.

Crosby will be unrestricted when he's 25.

The new NHL rule is, 7 years in the NHL and you can reach UFA status.

Thats why alot of teams don't let 18 year olds play, because if they are only going to get 5-10 mins per game... its not worth having them turn UFA a year earlier.

Crosby will be unrestricted when he's 25.

The new NHL rule is, 7 years in the NHL and you can reach UFA status.

Thats why alot of teams don't let 18 year olds play, because if they are only going to get 5-10 mins per game... its not worth having them turn UFA a year earlier.

Ahhh, even better. Six years then. :king:

Do you actually think that Crosby will come to the Canadiens at that time?

By that time, I expect this 'favourite team', at that team, will be whoever gives him the best playing situation (team-mates, income, cup prospects, etc...)

If Montreal fits into at least two of those categories then it's possible that he'll come but it's by NO MEANS a given that he'll favour coming to the bleu-blanc-rouge at that time.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

By that time, I expect this 'favourite team', at that team, will be whoever gives him the best playing situation (team-mates, income, cup prospects, etc...)

If Montreal fits into at least two of those categories then it's possible that he'll come but it's by NO MEANS a given that he'll favour coming to the bleu-blanc-rouge at that time.

That is true, but you also have to consider the amount of young talent Pittsburgh has, especially down the middle. Now, I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that Crosby will leave Steeltown, but I'm sure at least one of their young centres will be sent packing.

Pray for the Penguin's going bankrupt. :)

Seriously, I really beleive Mr. G. has a loooooong-term plan.

Drafting Price #5 overall ???

Didn't we all wonder what he was thinking ? Be honest all......

I think the current group will be good enough to play-off, win a round or two.

In 2-3 years the current Habs may look VERY different. Saku and Kovy will likely be gone.

Kids we haven't even heard of could be the future......

Be patient. Dream.

Whoa. The car horn just bleated. Wife & kids are home.

Gotta go, after 45 min.

I need a freakin vacation.

Pray for the Penguin's going bankrupt. :)

Seriously, I really beleive Mr. G. has a loooooong-term plan.

Drafting Price #5 overall ???

Didn't we all wonder what he was thinking ? Be honest all......

I think the current group will be good enough to play-off, win a round or two.

In 2-3 years the current Habs may look VERY different. Saku and Kovy will likely be gone.

Kids we haven't even heard of could be the future......

Be patient. Dream.

Whoa. The car horn just bleated. Wife & kids are home.

Gotta go, after 45 min.

I need a freakin vacation.

I don't think you'll see Koivu playing for any other team...

That is true, but you also have to consider the amount of young talent Pittsburgh has, especially down the middle. Now, I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that Crosby will leave Steeltown, but I'm sure at least one of their young centres will be sent packing.

yup !! one day they'll have to decide who to keep between all these centers, fleury. and they'll still have a nice draft pick next summer, probably a future star Dman.

Can't trade Bonk to pick up Dumont, we are allready short on experienced centres..also, didn't Gainey say he was done?

If gainey says he's done it means that something will happen.

Can't trade Bonk to pick up Dumont, we are allready short on experienced centres..also, didn't Gainey say he was done?

It's not so much that we couldn't replace him adequately as much as the fact that no team

would ever want him even if he was being given away. Which team would ever want to pay

2,400.000 for a fourthliner who has scored 6 goals in his last season ? No team except ours will,...

we are obligated to.

I find the Bonk thing interesting in that if Washington wanted an expensive centerman to bring themselves up to the cap floor, they could sign Allison for 2 mill and get much more point production out of him.

Why give up a draft pick?

I find the Bonk thing interesting in that if Washington wanted an expensive centerman to bring themselves up to the cap floor, they could sign Allison for 2 mill and get much more point production out of him.

Why give up a draft pick?

I can't imagine Washington going for Bonk. It's quite a cash burden for one year. :huh:

What are the odds he'd be with them next year? :?- :?- What purpose would he serve to them for this year? :?- :?-

I can't imagine Washington going for Bonk. It's quite a cash burden for one year. :huh:

What are the odds he'd be with them next year? :?- :?- What purpose would he serve to them for this year? :?- :?-

get him off our hands, cuz they are soooooooooooooo nice :P

get him off our hands, cuz they are soooooooooooooo nice :P

they've already been nice to us by giving us their 3rd pick wich is almost a 2nd round since they'll finish last

or close to the bottom

The best chance we have that Crosby makes it to MTL is that the Pens win a cup within these next three years and the habs dont and then Crosby feels his debt with Mario is paid and tells him NOW its time for me to Pay your DEBT with the habs Im going to MTL enjoy the cup while you can!

The whole basis for the rumour is that Washington needs salary in order to meet the cap floor of 28 mill (I think)

In which case, Bonk is a lovely fit in Washington as he's only a 1 year burden

The whole basis for the rumour is that Washington needs salary in order to meet the cap floor of 28 mill (I think)

In which case, Bonk is a lovely fit in Washington as he's only a 1 year burden

To meet the cap floor? :blink: Now that's novel. I can hardly imagine that being a challenge in this professional sport. :wacko:

I could be facetious and say send some my way in the name of being an advisor (of no value except to raise the salary base). Though I know that this wouldn't work since I'm not a player.

In any case... to meet a salary cap floor? :wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

Prediction...Bonk stays with habs, gets 20 goals, 45 points..it is the last year of his contract, and he's healthy, and will be playing his ass off, just wait and see.

Prediction...Bonk stays with habs, gets 20 goals, 45 points..it is the last year of his contract, and he's healthy, and will be playing his ass off, just wait and see.

I totally agree with ya! I think he will explode! F&^$!@ I cant wait!!!! imagine the edge that would give us if our thirdline became a real permanent scoring threat! i'm about to faint!

reading how well were doing in the rook section... perhaps too good... there is no doubt in my mind now (after deductions on what the team needs and where we are headed)... by sharing thoughts with you all....

If Gainey can't fill the D we need or the centreman we need (with UFA or roster trades i.e. Ribs Ryder Souray) before trade dealine this season....I FIRMLY STATE that there is no doubt in my mind that were trading no less than 3 of our prospects to get at least one of those spots filled and with its depth addition. assuming the Habs did pretty well during the 2006-07 season and the players with one year contracts played well and they desire to stay in the team.

come this time next year we will have too many prospects ready to graduate up if we havent provided room for them this season.

So no rush this pre-season but NExt pre-season it wont be as easy

Edited by CoRvInA