(e3) Rumors: Komisarek To Isles

TheAussiePosse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing that everyone rips apart Eklund and other rumour guys so frequently. The others because they offer us something to talk about when nothing else is going on, and Eklund because he is plugged in. I know, I know, virtually no one wants to believe it because little of what he suggests ever becomes reality, but that doesn't mean that he isn't reporting the absolute truth as he hears it.

He's stated in the past (for those of you who only read what you want to read and ignore the rest) that he doesn't know himself if he's actually being used or not. I mean, what a great way to float an idea to judge reaction from the public or players - toss a bone to the rumour man who is heard throughout North America. Or, more to the point for Montreal considering Gainey is in charge, how great to be able to feed the Eklund guy with a bogus rumour to throw the scent off what's actually going on.

Eklund is not naive or ignorant, he's a guy who hears a pile of stuff from legitimate contacts in the NHL. 99% of it is what goes on everyday in the NHL between GM's. "Hey there Kevin Lowe! I really like that Ryan Smyth character. What would he cost me?" *laugh at the other end of the line* "He'd cost you Markov, Ryder, your left arm and first born, that's what he'd cost you." Someone overhears the conversation - in part - and reports to Eklund that the Habs are talking to Edmonton about aquiring Smyth in a package that might include Markov and Ryder. Nothing incorrect about what Eklund is reporting, but it's just typical GM talk that happens every single day.

Eklund does have league resources - of that I'm convinced. Does he get legitimate info? Maybe in about 35% of cases. Those are the ones where a trade is discussed and may even get serious. Most of those don't go through either, though. Some last minute change of mind or some failure to find common ground at the last detail derails most legitimate trades.

So sure, his ratio for being correct to incorrect is pretty low, but that doesn't mean what he reports isn't happening or that he's creatively making up stories.

I think what's most annoying about Eklund are all the frikkin whiners who complain everytime they see one of his ideas on a forum board. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it. You say stop wasting bandwidth by posting Eklund stuff, I say stop wasting my bandwidth by pasting your whining. Eklund's stuff is as legitimate as anything else and I enjoy discussing it with people. I don't however like reading the sad sack rantings of people who like to *think* they know more about hockey than a guy who has connections on most teams in the league.

As was mentioned by someone earlier this thread, it's highly possible, and I would go as far as to say likely, that Garth Snow has looked around and identified the type of player he wants and Komisarek fit that bill to a 't'. The (e3) indicates a few sources and I can name a few off the top of my head. First, someone on the Island - and even the biggest skeptic amongst you would have to admit that getting a New York kid to play with the Isles would be a great selling point and I would suggest that at least half Snow's staff would have said as much. Second, that Montreal has been contacted by Dumont (and vice versa) to determine where they each stand. Well, surprise surprise, that's in the "legitimate" media. Third, that someone in the Islander offices probably understood that Montreal would have to cut salary to pick up Dumont and WOW how convenient would it be if Komi was to become available as a result. Three people talking about the possibilities, all three in connection with NHL clubs.

Now, generally his (e3) means more than just double talk and heresay like that, so I'm assuming that someone either in Montreal or New York has gone a little further and has made an inquiry - whether it be official (probably not) or unofficial. That person then comments to Ek who subsequently puts it on his boards.

OR, maybe Montreal is planning to do something completely different and Gainey set up a leak so readers of Eklund would be focussing on that rather than what was going to really happen. Either way, the info came from legit sources, and that is ALL that Ek claims to do.

Cheers to you, my habs loving friend. :king:

Out of all the rumor sites I believe Eklunds is the most reliable ... that elephant guy is a total tard ... at least eklund doesn't blert out stupid crap that's completely unbelieveable ... I'm sure he is connected in some way .. or else he wouldn't have been writing colums for sportsnet , on XM radio shows etc ... either that or he's pulled one of the greatest scams ever. I do go to hockeybuzz once in awaile and read what he and the other bloggers post there ... most are good reads and help with my hockey fix ... but I take it in stride ... the nhl is so unpredictable when it comes to moves and signings ... so take it for what it is

:ghg:

A "source inside the organization" could be anyone from a secretary in the GM's office to an equipment guy to an arena employee to a guy in the freaking mailroom. There's no way of determining how valid or reliable a particular rumour or report is. For all we know, there could be a fantasy league amongst the GMs that no one knows about, and half the rumours that Al Strachan, Larry Brooks, Bruce Garrioch, Eklund and every other blogger, writer and columnist print are about a hockey pool!

The main question about guys like Eklund is, have they ever been inside an NHL dressing room? Do they actually cover an NHL team, or have reliable people who contribute to the sites by covering a team? That's what separates a writer from a blogger. I could put up a website, make a couple of contacts via the internet in NHL cities, ask them to relay any info they hear to me in exchange for a credit or whatever. I may have no way of verifying what they report, so I have to decide if it's believable, plausible, and worth putting on a website. Unless I meet them face to face, I could be taken for a ride along with everyone else.

I don't read Eklund. I also don't bash him for that reason. I don't put very much faith in blogs because as I said, there's a credibilty question for me. Strachan, Garrioch, et al write about teams for a living, it's their job, and while some of them may be as accurate as any blogger out there, they have a connection to the teams and the league that I don't know if Eklund or elephant man or whatever have. The fact is, I don't trust anyone who hides behind a pseudonym trying to pass himself off as a professional writer.

Wow guys lmao...I don't post much but this is freaking worth it. Raed this u'll die of laughter!! :lol::P

It's about the Rumour God Elephant MAN!!!lmfao...This guy made his own blog aboout elephant man...read from bottom to top :lol:

http://maximus96habs4ever.blogspot.com/ LMAFO ROFL!!! :P:D:lol:

Check this too lmao these guys have no lives!!!

http://danhlrumors.blogspot.com/ Malkin to the habs lmfao!!! Just to add i would do that trade in a heartbeat...scroll down to malkin a possibility for habs? WOW i have a tear in my eye!

Edited by Koivu11

I find it amusing that everyone rips apart Eklund and other rumour guys so frequently. The others because they offer us something to talk about when nothing else is going on, and Eklund because he is plugged in. I know, I know, virtually no one wants to believe it because little of what he suggests ever becomes reality, but that doesn't mean that he isn't reporting the absolute truth as he hears it.

He's stated in the past (for those of you who only read what you want to read and ignore the rest) that he doesn't know himself if he's actually being used or not. I mean, what a great way to float an idea to judge reaction from the public or players - toss a bone to the rumour man who is heard throughout North America. Or, more to the point for Montreal considering Gainey is in charge, how great to be able to feed the Eklund guy with a bogus rumour to throw the scent off what's actually going on.

Eklund is not naive or ignorant, he's a guy who hears a pile of stuff from legitimate contacts in the NHL. 99% of it is what goes on everyday in the NHL between GM's. "Hey there Kevin Lowe! I really like that Ryan Smyth character. What would he cost me?" *laugh at the other end of the line* "He'd cost you Markov, Ryder, your left arm and first born, that's what he'd cost you." Someone overhears the conversation - in part - and reports to Eklund that the Habs are talking to Edmonton about aquiring Smyth in a package that might include Markov and Ryder. Nothing incorrect about what Eklund is reporting, but it's just typical GM talk that happens every single day.

Eklund does have league resources - of that I'm convinced. Does he get legitimate info? Maybe in about 35% of cases. Those are the ones where a trade is discussed and may even get serious. Most of those don't go through either, though. Some last minute change of mind or some failure to find common ground at the last detail derails most legitimate trades.

So sure, his ratio for being correct to incorrect is pretty low, but that doesn't mean what he reports isn't happening or that he's creatively making up stories.

I think what's most annoying about Eklund are all the frikkin whiners who complain everytime they see one of his ideas on a forum board. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it. You say stop wasting bandwidth by posting Eklund stuff, I say stop wasting my bandwidth by pasting your whining. Eklund's stuff is as legitimate as anything else and I enjoy discussing it with people. I don't however like reading the sad sack rantings of people who like to *think* they know more about hockey than a guy who has connections on most teams in the league.

As was mentioned by someone earlier this thread, it's highly possible, and I would go as far as to say likely, that Garth Snow has looked around and identified the type of player he wants and Komisarek fit that bill to a 't'. The (e3) indicates a few sources and I can name a few off the top of my head. First, someone on the Island - and even the biggest skeptic amongst you would have to admit that getting a New York kid to play with the Isles would be a great selling point and I would suggest that at least half Snow's staff would have said as much. Second, that Montreal has been contacted by Dumont (and vice versa) to determine where they each stand. Well, surprise surprise, that's in the "legitimate" media. Third, that someone in the Islander offices probably understood that Montreal would have to cut salary to pick up Dumont and WOW how convenient would it be if Komi was to become available as a result. Three people talking about the possibilities, all three in connection with NHL clubs.

Now, generally his (e3) means more than just double talk and heresay like that, so I'm assuming that someone either in Montreal or New York has gone a little further and has made an inquiry - whether it be official (probably not) or unofficial. That person then comments to Ek who subsequently puts it on his boards.

OR, maybe Montreal is planning to do something completely different and Gainey set up a leak so readers of Eklund would be focussing on that rather than what was going to really happen. Either way, the info came from legit sources, and that is ALL that Ek claims to do.

Good post, way to backhand those serves back to the baseline (ooh, tennis puns, double points!)

Note to Colin, nice post but I still think Eklund's a douche bag. As his popularity rised, he was charging people for "insider emails". I don't know if he still does that but I'm sure he made a buck or two out of some people.

This rumour from Eklund is certainly interesting however improbable it may be!

HUGE Habs Rumour Involving Malkin

Today @ 2:48 PM ET | Comments (137)

On the rumour scale, KGB(1) Ryder, Ribeiro, Souray, Aebischer and a first-round pick for Malkin. Montreal also signs JP Dumont as a result of the freed up cash.

Let me add this. I did not get this from PJ Stock, I have never even received and e-mail from the guy. I don't listen to the Team 990 in Montreal (you're welcome for the free plug). A retired player in Mount Royal sent this to me and it was not via PJ Stock. This is the only reason why I am posting it, because it is from a player. Not as guaranteed as my Pronger to Anaheim, but slightly better than Belfour and Shanahan to the Wings.

This ends the rumour, back to the regular Kevin Gibson blog tomorrow, where I talk about Babe Ruth and Elvis both dying on August 16th.

Wow guys lmao...I don't post much but this is freaking worth it. Raed this u'll die of laughter!! :lol::P

It's about the Rumour God Elephant MAN!!!lmfao...This guy made his own blog aboout elephant man...read from bottom to top :lol:

http://maximus96habs4ever.blogspot.com/ LMAFO ROFL!!! :P:D:lol:

Check this too lmao these guys have no lives!!!

http://danhlrumors.blogspot.com/ Malkin to the habs lmfao!!! Just to add i would do that trade in a heartbeat...scroll down to malkin a possibility for habs? WOW i have a tear in my eye!

Damn then we trade Kosty Chips and Ryder plus another first rounder for Ovech!! Wake me UP!

This rumour from Eklund is certainly interesting however improbable it may be!

HUGE Habs Rumour Involving Malkin

Today @ 2:48 PM ET | Comments (137)

This ends the rumour, back to the regular Kevin Gibson blog tomorrow, where I talk about Babe Ruth and Elvis both dying on August 16th.

and madonna being born on that date...ditto carey price

hey koivu-11

are u drunk enough to start a happy birthday carey :P

Wow, I took some time off of here for the birth of my son and come back to some dumb rumour like this?

Why would Montreal deal their best young defensman, while already short bodies at that position to bring in a player at a position that has the most depth on the team? Make any sense? No..... think before typing the latest dumb rumour you see.

Ofcorse there is no cgance of this happening

Wow, I took some time off of here for the birth of my son

:unsure: You mean... there are MORE like you!? :wall: :excl:

*runs for cover*

:unsure: You mean... there are MORE like you!? :wall: :excl:

*runs for cover*

Yeah thats right way to add something constructive to the conversation you moron. Go back to bed with mommy and daddy little boy before you spanked

i think eklund here makes it painfully clear why HW discourages threads dedicated to rumour sites.

eklund is an idiot. he is just some nobody with no connections who makes crap up for attention. i can't believe anybody takes him seriously.

Wow, I took some time off of here for the birth of my son and come back to some dumb rumour like this?

congrats :clap:

Can we close this thread, it's been here for over a week, and i think everyone can agree that gainey isn't gonna trade a good young d-man that costs next to nothing, especially now that boullion is hurt.