Anybody Know Where To Get Big Size Skates

Pierre the Great

two sizes?! Oh geez that means 17

My shoe size is 11.5 - 12 and my skates are a 10. My first set of SuperTaks were snug enough to skate without laces and wear them bearfoot. You need to break them in to fit your feet comfortably. Different brands fit differently as well as feel or 'skate' differently. There is a distinctly different feel between a pair of Bauers and a pair of CCM - mostly in the blade, although the boot is unique to each brand.

Go to a sporting store that sells and sizes your feet for skates. In other words a good sporting goods store that sells skates! Don't go by your shoe size as it isn't always accurate. They should not be loose or floppy fitting. They should be quite snug with one thin layer of socks only. Don't go with a big thick lumberjack style sock on your feet. Loose skates are why you see young kids with weak ankles flopping all over the ice. Never buy skates you''ll grow into = hint to parents! Buy skates that fit now and not 2 seasons away.

I don't know how old you are PTG but good luck, and good fitting......

Edited by beliveau1

Well thats why I've waited to buy skates I think at 20 I'm done growing after shooting up a foot in the past couple of years. lol.

Glad to hear your interested in skating again and playing the game. I remember when I finally returned to the ice the first time after my heart transplant...... I'd been off skates for almost 3 years as I was so sick and then recovering! The guy I coach with and I had the ice to ourselves one night and we decided I was finally ready to skate for the first time again!

The sound and feel of hitting that ice - jumping out of the gate onto that surface was just amazing!!!!!!

First shot was top shelf in the right corner from just inside the blueline.....

We were out there celebrating like I'd just scored the Cup winning goal in OT on the Ice at the Forum(ooops I mean Bell Centre?)

Good skating man - there's nothing like the sound of steel on ice and the sight of the puck bulging the twine!

Edited by beliveau1

I once worked with a Led Zeppelin clone band from Montreal playing in Ottawa. They were mostly Italian's. They told me they were going skating on the canal in the morning and I informed them it wasn't the Guido Canal. Only the non-Italian singer found that funny.

Went to the sporting goods store. Hockey guy had the day off he'll be in tomorrow. They said only Graf skates would fit me. The person also said they're $$$$.

hey' at least nobody will borrow your skates so lesser chance of ruining them !!