Koivu Ready For Start Of Season?

Koivu11

His peripheral vision still hasn't fully recovered. That means many teams will be targeting him from the left and could actually injure him again.

Peripheral vision in hockey is a big thing, it allows you see the Mack truck that is about to hit you. :o

His peripheral vision still hasn't fully recovered. That means many teams will be targeting him from the left and could actually injure him again.

Peripheral vision in hockey is a big thing, it allows you see the Mack truck that is about to hit you. :o

now he will have to shoot more :lol:

So conflicted... I want him to play, but I don't want him to get hurt as a result of bad vision (or any reason, I suppose).

Then again, if he mentionned it to the press, it really might only be a bit of a problem, like Saku said.

I still hate Justin Williams...

Edited by lazy26

This might be the apocalypse disguised as good news. For a playmaker and smallish player to have his peripheral vision compromised...not only will it increase the odds of serious injury, but it will could undermine his passing skills. I fear there's a very real chance that Saks could struggle through much of this season, a shadow of his former self - UNLESS things improve, or the loss of p.v. is less pronounced than it sounds. (Maybe he should give Berard a call?)

"When I look in a straight line, everything is fine," he tells La Presse. "But when I look side-to-side... it's a bit of a problem."

I have a bad feeling and think this may be the of the end of Koivu's career.....Thanks alot Justin....you f*cking douchbag....I'm sure your at home having a good laugh for yourself.........but remember this you dirty a$$ son of a bi*ch!!! what goes around, come around and I can't wait to see you get yours.

Sorry for the rant guys but I'm really bitter towards Justin Williams and the dumb a$$ refs that called the game.

QUOTE(dark_faerie87 @ Aug 22 2006, 09:44 PM)

I just hope this doesn't get ugly like the Moore incident

I HOPE IT DOES!!!!

That's how much i HATE Justin Williams and he can run into a freaking knife.

Sumone like Downey can F*ck him up pretty bad worse than what he did to Boulerice.

I hope the habs end his short distgusting pitifull CAREER!!

I being ruthless and I don't give a shit DONT MESS WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!

hey guys, calm it down.

I hope nobody here really wants to see Justin Williams have his neck broken or anything like that. These are human beings on the ice.

I'd prefer to believe that Williams did not intend to injure Koivu. If he did, he should be severely punished, but not injured. We don't do eye for an eye anymore. And Hamurabi would not have allowed a Moore-style incident - it was "no more than an eye for an eye".

Dark Faerie, I have no idea what the eunuch comment was about... a pretty low shot as far as I'm concerned.

hey guys, calm it down.

I hope nobody here really wants to see Justin Williams have his neck broken or anything like that. These are human beings on the ice.

I'd prefer to believe that Williams did not intend to injure Koivu. If he did, he should be severely punished, but not injured. We don't do eye for an eye anymore. And Hamurabi would not have allowed a Moore-style incident - it was "no more than an eye for an eye".

Dark Faerie, I have no idea what the eunuch comment was about... a pretty low shot as far as I'm concerned.

I definitely have to agree with you there, eye-for-eye is not the way to go about it, especially by such a classy organization as the Habs.

As for the eunuch comment, it was just an inside joke BTH and I have going on. Nothing serious to worry about. ;)

I just hope this doesn't get ugly like the Moore incident.

especially since williams apologized personaly to saku few days after the accident and saks forgave him

especially since williams apologized personaly to saku few days after the accident and saks forgave him

And the very next game Williams went out and high sticked Markov and Rivet.....if the douchbag was sincere with his apologie then he would have made sure to keep is stick down in that game

btw, here is a pic of the little pr*ck flapping his gums at Souray after he high sticked Rivet.

SourayvsAssholeWilliams.jpg

some of you say that an eye for and eye is not the way to go.....I totally disagree......that bast*rd should pay and pay big time for his dirty cheap shot.......I want blood. :angry2:

I HOPE IT DOES!!!!

That's how much i HATE Justin Williams and he can run into a freaking knife.

Sumone like Downey can F*ck him up pretty bad worse than what he did to Boulerice.

I hope the habs end his short distgusting pitifull CAREER!!

I being ruthless and I don't give a shit DONT MESS WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!

No worries. The Hockey Gods are aware. Something will happen. But, it won't be a Canadien.

It would be nice if it was but the damage will be done none the less.

Hockey Gods are aware :hockey:

(Spider-Man NL @ Aug 23 2006. 6:32pm)And the very next game Williams went out and high sticked Markov and Rivet.....if the douchbag was sincere with his apologie then he would have made sure to keep is stick down in that game.

some of you say that an eye for and eye is not the way to go.....I totally disagree......that bast*rd should pay and pay big time for his dirty cheap shot.......I want blood.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Im happy you agree :D

I hope he knows whats coming to him :angry:

He still has 6 weeks. :hlogo:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Im happy you agree :D

I hope he knows whats coming to him :angry:

I don't want revenge... I just want karma to come around.

Get over it. ITs over and done with. Obviously anybody with a brainstem knows that Justin Williams did not intentionally high stick Koivu in the face with the intention of taking out his eye like some of you think. At the speed of the game it would been near impossible for Justin Williams to intentionally shove his stick under Koivu's face shield and imbed it into his eye.

The guy f*cked up....and yeah he should have been penalized harder, but shit happens. Have you ever heard of forgiveness? And what about the Montreal Canadien that would retaliate? What happens to his career? And what would it say of the organization if someone went out and evened the score? YOu would have the Montreal Canadien organization's fantastic reputation marred by some stupid incident because you want retribution? Show some class!!!!! Hopefully Koivu can recover and move on with his hockey career. If not, he'll move on with a nice life with his health a family and more money than he can spend.

Get over it!!!

Get over it. ITs over and done with. Obviously anybody with a brainstem knows that Justin Williams did not intentionally high stick Koivu in the face with the intention of taking out his eye like some of you think. At the speed of the game it would been near impossible for Justin Williams to intentionally shove his stick under Koivu's face shield and imbed it into his eye.

The guy f*cked up....and yeah he should have been penalized harder, but shit happens. Have you ever heard of forgiveness? And what about the Montreal Canadien that would retaliate? What happens to his career? And what would it say of the organization if someone went out and evened the score? YOu would have the Montreal Canadien organization's fantastic reputation marred by some stupid incident because you want retribution? Show some class!!!!! Hopefully Koivu can recover and move on with his hockey career. If not, he'll move on with a nice life with his health a family and more money than he can spend.

Get over it!!!

No.

We have the right be angry. I'm not suggesting we forget hockey, and engage in a Moore-Bertuzzi incident. That's not what hockey is about. Nevertheless, I want each game that douchebag plays against Montreal to be painful. And I want us to sweep the Canes this year!