Koivu Ready For Start Of Season?

Koivu11

No.

We have the right be angry. I'm not suggesting we forget hockey, and engage in a Moore-Bertuzzi incident. That's not what hockey is about. Nevertheless, I want each game that douchebag plays against Montreal to be painful. And I want us to sweep the Canes this year!

Excellent post!

Make him pay by shooting the puck to him and then CHECK HIM! But most importantly as I think most will agree here is to win all the games against the 'canes. That in itself would send a BiG message.

For the record, I'm not suggesting trying to seriously hurt Williams....I just expect him to eat a few knuckle sandwiches in a FAIR face-to-face fight. It just sends a message that people should maybe be more careful with their sticks when playing the Habs...that's all.

Hopefully Koivu will be good to go when the season starts, and I guess that aboot all we can hope for. If Koivu never gets better, that'll suck, but what ever happens will happen. Just as long as Koivu doesnt retire, and come back next year on another team, I'll be happy. I still dont comprehend how Berrard pulled that 1 off.

It's funny how most people want retribution, but the majority of the same people didnt want to Habs to pick up a tough guy. Who exactly on the Habs roster do ya's want to sit in the penalty box rotting away to get a bit of retribution from Williams? What if its a bit more than just a fight, who do ya want to get suspeneded over the retribution? :unsure:

Also, waiting untill next year for retribution, is just a bit to after the fact. Somebody should have kicked his ass right then and there, period. Teams need to stick up for their Golies 1st, and Captains 2nd, and the Habs didnt do much of either. :(

Here's the link: http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/211216.html

Just in today, some more good news :D. Sorry for those who only know english I don't think there is a translated version yet.

Here we go. Just what I thought would happen. This injury seems a very serious deal now that he is still suffering and seems to have lost some field of vision.

"..It is necessary however to be careful since the after-effects in its left eye are still felt. It always acknowledges to suffer from a loss of field of vision.." english translation from article.

Its time for BG to start planning for a replacement for Koivu, I personally did not think this day would come so soon. I love Saku, but the habs future both short term and long term depends greatly on having a top #1 center who is counted on every night game in and game out.

I can see us making a big move/trade or pick up this season to improve our #1 center position. Saku may not be traded away but could assume a lessor role. Cause IMO he can still contribute; but not at the level expected of a #1 center.

Very pragmatic perspective Chips. I too, hope and pray that this isn't as serious or as potentially detrimental to our Captain Courageous as we had originally feared.

In hockey terms, you are absolutely right that we need someone to perform the role of #1 Center game in and game out, barring of course any incidental and unforeseen injuries. I just can't imagine that BG will be negotiating from a position of power should Saku be unable to perform at a top level form the start. Other teams will know our deficiency and thus be able to ask a significantly higher price for a known commodity at the center position.

Having said all of that, I am an optimist and hope that this turns out to be less of an impact than we fear. And someone in a post a while ago made a smart remark about the fact that it may force Saks to shoot more, which actually could turn out to be true. Heatley's eye looks odd, but his numbers sure don't, though he was a dangerous scorer to start with...

Here goes my most potent "shout out" to the universe to do Saks a good turn, he just seems like such a great guy, with the heart of a lion, amazing determination and the leadership by example that any team craves.

The universe is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, but I refuse to believe that this is the end of the line for Captain K.

Peace.

Very pragmatic perspective Chips. I too, hope and pray that this isn't as serious or as potentially detrimental to our Captain Courageous as we had originally feared.

In hockey terms, you are absolutely right that we need someone to perform the role of #1 Center game in and game out, barring of course any incidental and unforeseen injuries. I just can't imagine that BG will be negotiating from a position of power should Saku be unable to perform at a top level form the start. Other teams will know our deficiency and thus be able to ask a significantly higher price for a known commodity at the center position.

Having said all of that, I am an optimist and hope that this turns out to be less of an impact than we fear. And someone in a post a while ago made a smart remark about the fact that it may force Saks to shoot more, which actually could turn out to be true. Heatley's eye looks odd, but his numbers sure don't, though he was a dangerous scorer to start with...

Here goes my most potent "shout out" to the universe to do Saks a good turn, he just seems like such a great guy, with the heart of a lion, amazing determination and the leadership by example that any team craves.

The universe is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, but I refuse to believe that this is the end of the line for Captain K.

Peace.

Well stated.

And someone in a post a while ago made a smart remark about the fact that it may force Saks to shoot more, which actually could turn out to be true. Heatley's eye looks odd, but his numbers sure don't, though he was a dangerous scorer to start with...

Peace.

all that you said was most well articulated, but I just wanted to say that Saks did say sometime time after he was darted that he became a play maker because "scoring was too easy".

so he is a nice cold one to Sakus health and here is another one for him to have the best year ever.

go Saks go!!!

One thing about this - we're talking about a possible loss of peripheral vision, of uncertain maginitude, in one eye. It's not like he's going around with one eyeball hanging out like a cartoon zombie. I think we should remain cautiously optimistic that Saks can make the adjustment even if one eye is, say, 80%.