Countdown Clock?

A simple idea but I think it's a great one. I have no idea how to program this so I'll leave it up to someone with a bit more knowledge, if they feel so inclined.

I think a countdown clock on the main page would be a great way to build some anticipation for Habs events; be it the start of training camp, pre-season, regular season, the next game, the next playoff game etc etc.

Something simple, yet effective.

:hockey::hockey::hockey:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love this idea.

It could be something as discrete as a small countdown timer in a corner of the HabsWorld.net main page, or something more eye-catching. Either way, it'd be a great addition.

I think the best one would be a countdown until puckdrop of our first game.

My personal favourite is countdown of the day Tampa gets swept in the 2nd round in HWL.

That kind of comment can only be made by someone actually making the playoffs.

So to the 15 of you who are, I gleefully await your comment. ^_^

Actually, only 8 teams can possibly say that, since nobody from the West can knock you out in the 2nd round. :P

It's anyone's guess which is more shameful - missing the playoffs altogether or getting swept year after year in the same round.

Actually, only 8 teams can possibly say that, since nobody from the West can knock you out in the 2nd round. :P

Wel technically, it's impossible that the 7th anf 8th seeds face him in the 2nd round as well.

@Maca again: I fall in a group of 14 who miss the playoffs. But you are all alone in being unable to conquer the second-round sweep jinx. :P

Then that's where you're wrong... only 7 teams in the east can say it, because I'm one of the 8 :o.

And to be even more technical, only 3 teams in the east can say it, because well, only 4 teams make the 2nd Round and I'm one of them.

And even more so, only 2 teams can say it thus far, because only 2 teams have done it: Florida and Ottawa.

At least with the Ottawa case, David went on to win the cup. :blush:

Then that's where you're wrong... only 7 teams in the east can say it, because I'm one of the 8 :o.

And to be even more technical, only 3 teams in the east can say it, because well, only 4 teams make the 2nd Round and I'm one of them.

And even more so, only 2 teams can say it thus far, because only 2 teams have done it: Florida and Ottawa.

At least with the Ottawa case, David went on to win the cup. :blush:

When you say it like that, it makes you look better and makes the joke seem kind of dull...

Ah, what the hell - ignorance is bliss, eh? YOU SUCK!

It's anyone's guess which is more shameful - missing the playoffs altogether or getting swept year after year in the same round.

It's only happened twice...lol. The first year I knew didly squat. The 2nd year I was too hyped up on the KD recipe to actually win, made it pretty easy for David.

Still, when did the Countdown Clock thread become the "Maca to get swept in the 2nd Round for the 3rd year straight thread"?

I suggest giving this conversation it's own thread. :king:

It's only happened twice...lol. The first year I knew didly squat. The 2nd year I was too hyped up on the KD recipe to actually win, made it pretty easy for David.

Still, when did the Countdown Clock thread become the "Maca to get swept in the 2nd Round for the 3rd year straight thread"?

I suggest giving this conversation it's own thread. :king:

Let's make a countdown clock to countdown the days until HW finally decides to put up a countdown clock on the front page! :)

What exactly is HWL? How does it work?

Can there be expansion of the league?

It's a game/program that lets you run your own NHL team from top to bottom. In other words, you do everything a regular NHL GM would do: Sign and trade players and staff, as well as run your farm team. On top of this you also act as the coach and prepare lines for each game along with their strategies and such. I honestly believe it takes over a year to get confortable with. There is only room for 30 GM's in each league, and currently the HWL (HabsWorld League) is completely full.

Expansion would be a cool idea, but it's simply not built for that.

It's a game/program that lets you run your own NHL team from top to bottom. In other words, you do everything a regular NHL GM would do: Sign and trade players and staff, as well as run your farm team. On top of this you also act as the coach and prepare lines for each game along with their strategies and such. I honestly believe it takes over a year to get confortable with. There is only room for 30 GM's in each league, and currently the HWL (HabsWorld League) is completely full.

Expansion would be a cool idea, but it's simply not built for that.

Oh cool, when I said expansion I thought it be cool if you could add winterpeg, quebec and hartford back. Oh well just a thought. I'd love to do something like that but I don't think I have the time. Got school.

Well, we could change the teams to Quebec and whatever but it'd be up to the GM.

And my Avalanche are staying put. Oh and Maca sucks cause he likes to get swept in the 2nd round (I know you secretly enjoy it)

By the way, how are the Beavers doing?

The Beavers? Well, they/we suck! Worst in the freaking league... maybe due to a bit of an in-active GM.

Rumor has it the Whalers were trying to trade for me though. Doubt it will happen though unless I get cut.

The Beavers? Well, they/we suck! Worst in the freaking league... maybe due to a bit of an in-active GM.

Rumor has it the Whalers were trying to trade for me though. Doubt it will happen though unless I get cut.

Dude! That would own!

We'd be teammates! Wouldn't mind if we traded Johnson, our "other" RWer. Mouthy bastard pisses me off.