Dogs / Aeros (Aeros win Calder Cup)

dlbalr

This is done through the clear day roster:

Goalies

Hamilton: Conklin/Fichaud

Houston: Holmqvist/Kochan

Skaters

Hamilton: Bobby Allen, Francois Beauchemin, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Sylvain Blouin, Nate DiCasmirro, Benoit Gratton, Kari Haakana, Ron Hainsey, Chad Hinz, Marcel Hossa, Mike Komisarek, Bill Lindsay, Tomas Plekanec, Jani Rita, Michael Ryder, Tony Salmelainen, Jarret Stoll, Raffi Torres, Jason Ward

Houston: Ladislav Benysek, Dan Cavanaugh, Marc Cavosie, Sylvain Cloutier, David Cullen, Mark Cullen, Hnat Domenichelli, Chris Dyment, Jay Henderson, Jeff Hoggan, Zbynek Michalek, Curtis Murphy, Rastislav Pavlikovsky, Erik Reitz, Travis Roche, Jean-Guy Trudel, Tony Tuzzolino, Stephane Veilleux, Rickard Wallin, Kyle Wanvig

Note: These rosters are based on the clear-day rosters set just before the end of the season, so there may be other skaters for each team.

Well, I say we have the better roster, but as we all know from experience, the better team on paper doesn't always win (although we hope this is the case this time.)

One player to watch for Houston is Chris Dyment, an ex-Hab prospect.

[Edited on 2003/6/13 by puck7x]

Game #1 of the calder cup finals goes tonight in Hamilton , will G.Ward start Fichaud or Conklin? The smart money is on Conklin...

Radio : http://www.sportsjuice.com/sjplayer/main.php?tid=142

Preview - http://www.theahl.com/AHLNews0305/27_calder.html

Plekanec writes about the dogs playoff run - http://plekanec.cz/clanek_eng.asp?id=358

Go get that small stanley cup bulldogs!!

Go dogs Go!

I'S TAKES THAT AS AN INSULT

I TELLS YA

IF I CATCH YA SPEAKIN LIKE THAT ABOUT ME ONE MORE TIME

I'LL SICK MY GOOD FRIEND ON YOU

PIERRE BOIVIN AND HIS PET AARDVARK SALLY

Y'HEAR?

;)

It's OK, I understand why, I just wished that Garon could win something for once in his life.

I don't see him winning anything with the Habs, and it just depends on which other team gets him

[Edited on 2003/5/28 by TheAussiePosse]

Komisarek with a blast from the point and its 1-0 Dogs!

Ward/Gratton with the assists on the PP goal...

Komisarek's 1st goal of the playoffs , which goes along with his 5 assists for a total of 6 points... But Mike does sooo much more then help the offense , he leads the team in +/- and PIM's.

EDIT : Aero's win game #1 by a score of 2-1 , lead the series 1-0 ...

The game featured alot of shots and scoring-chances , both goalies came up big (Holmqvist and Conklin) ...

[Edited on 2003/5/29 by puck7x]

Well, he at least played a hard game.

Now I want to see Hossa, Hainsey and Lindsay get points in the next contest.

Predictions?

3-1 Dogs

Lindsay with a goal, Hainsey +2, and Hossa with a goal and assist.

Ryder with an assist?

[Edited on 2003/5/29 by TheAussiePosse]

Ryder scores the winner (I called it)! Ryder with both goals in the game!

Shots : 84-81 for Houston. LMAO!

Aussie I dont want to hear a word about the goaltending.... Conklin made 83 saves... lol

What a game!

Series is going back to Houston tied 1-1

[Edited on 2003/5/31 by puck7x]

Originally posted by puck7x

Aussie I dont want to hear a word about the goaltending....

Man, you ask a simple question and now you get a bad wrap.

Sheesh.

:lol:

Anyways, it was a good game, I listened to as much of is as I could before leaving for work.

Conklin ain't that bad. I just believe that we could have saved ourselves all that worry with garon in nets.

oh well. Go Dogs

And I called Hainsey and Hossa's points (assists) on the final goal.

:D

By a score of 4-2...

1st Prd: Ham - Jason Ward 10 (Tony Salmelainen, Marc-Andre Bergeron) 4:12

1st Prd: Ham - Bill Lindsay 8 (Francois Beauchemin) 8:37

1st Prd: Ham - Jozef Balej 1 (Unassisted) 14:05

2nd Prd: Ham - Tony Salmelainen 5 (Benoit Gratton, Bobby Allen) 14:01

Dogs lead the series 2 games to 1.

Game #4 is on Friday (#5 on Saturday) . WOOOOOO DOGS

yeah!

that last OT win was THE game that decided the championship IMO. BDOGS would have trailed 0-2.. now it's 2-1 BDOGS!!! WWOOHOO:clap:

BTW.. who is this salmeleinen ? is he a oiler property ? i see his name often on the scores box

8:30 PM EST start from Houston...

Dogs vs Aeros... Dogs lead the series 2 games to 1 ...

BTW : Sportsnet will be carrying games 6/7 if the series goes that long...

LETS GO DOGS!

I wish they showed all the games, RDS should cover them... I mean it's got something to do with the Habs, anyways... let's hope they win. It's not the Stanley Cup, but having our young players win something together is great for the future.

Originally posted by Habby1197

I wish they showed all the games, RDS should cover them... I mean it's got something to do with the Habs, anyways... let's hope they win. It's not the Stanley Cup, but having our young players win something together is great for the future.

Yes it would be great , especially since this is probably the last chance these players will have to win the Calder Cup...

Next year the Oilers players are leaving , plus Hamilton will be without (most likely) Komisarek/Hainsey/Ward/Garon and possibly Hainsey/Gratton for the season , plus they are losing Lindsay as a UFA...

84-85 Habs AHL team = Calder Cup Champions. (Our last AHL championship team)

85-86 Habs NHL team = Stanley Cup Champions.

02-03 Bulldogs = AHL Champs?

03-04 Habs = ???? ... nah... ;)

[Edited on 2003/6/7 by puck7x]

All I want for next year is to have team togetherness... It can go a long way. No more looks of disgust when a pass isn't perfect, no more not sticking up for teamates... no more of that. If the Habs play as a group, get a player or 2... no reason they can't be the Ducks of '03.

Series tied 2-2 now...

Bad news : We lost

Good news : Game #6 on Sportsnet

Scoring Plays For Hamilton Bulldogs

3rd Prd: Ham - Michael Ryder 11 (Marcel Hossa) 13:41

3rd Prd: Ham - Bill Lindsay 9 (Unassisted) 15:04

Damnit!

Dogs lose game #5 by a score of 6-4 , I didnt listen to this game though (busy watching Stanley Cup finals)

Aeros lead series 3 games to 2 , next 2 games are in Hamilton and on Sportsnet...

Come on dogs!!! GO!!!!

I will personally go to Hamilton and throttle the goalies.

Then I will go to Andre Savard and strangle him with a chain (Gainey's ready to take over, we'll just put Madden in AS's place)

Then I will go to PB, and slap him around for a good 5 minutes (just for fun).

And then :( and :( and :(

C'mon Dogs...

I listened to a bit of the game, we jumped out to an early 2-0 lead, and then promptly blew it before the end of the period; needless to say I was not impressed. Conklin is really struggling out there, perhaps Fichaud should get the next start to maybe screw up Houston for a bit. We need to play better team defence, I have no idea where that went the last few games...

dogs have to use fichaud over conklin. this guy just stinks. dogs had that game except for the brutal goaltending. hope da dawgs can pull it off.

go dogs!!!