Dogs / Aeros (Aeros win Calder Cup)

dlbalr

Game #6 of the calder cup finals is on tonight , and its on sportsnet!

Hamilton on the brink of elimination , can they push the series to 7 games? Will G.Ward play Plekanec and Balej?

Go Dogs!

DOGS WIN 2-1 , FORCE GAME #7

1-0 Dogs!

Plekanec IS back in the lineup and just scored!

Great wrist shot from a very bad angle (corner of the rink) , bad goal to give up by the Aeros goalie , but nice goal for Plekanec...

From Rita and Hainsey....

Fast start to the game for the dogs.

Edit : 2-0 Dogs , Ward just scored an awesome goal , it was a SHG. Ward stole the puck from the Aeros d-man near centre ice , came in along on a breakaway , went forehand to backhand (while backwards) and scored.... highlight goal.

Edit : Dogs win 2-1 , game #7 on Thursday... at the end of the game a brawl broke out , not much happened it lasted awhile and a few players threw punches (and dirty stick work)

[Edited on 2003/6/10 by puck7x]

Ward's goal was awesome, even more impressive is the great leadership skills that have emerged this year... I've got a feeling we're gonna be mighty relieved we were patient in his case, he's gonna be better than most people realize.

Plekanec?... how the hell did he score from there?.. hehe

The guy has skills, I like him, and yet I really can't see where he can fit in Montreal.

Conklin was back on again, hopefully he has one more solid game in him... Bulldogs seem very strong at home, so I'm confident.

Games are much more open, and the games are hence much more entertaining. They're dirty too, more passion out there than most of the NHL playoffs.

C'mon Dogs...

The last hockey of the season

I would like to use a famous quote, using well-worn humor from several centuries ago.

"You can Do It!!!"

-The Waterboy

Score predictions?

3-2 Dogs in OT

Hainsey assisting GWG. Ward and Gratton figuring in at least 1 of the 3. Conklin saving over 35 (again)

...isn't just a great AHL player.

I hope he can have the sime drive in the nhl on a daily basis.

He'd look great on a 2-way 3rd line that shuts down the other team's top line and creates loads of turnovers at the same time...

Big tough mofo-Higgins-Ward --->That would be quite the future 3rd line of the Habs :D

And on defense...

When there's a minute left send out Komisarek to kill everyone in front of the net and Markov so he can carry the puck out of the zone in a flash....ok I'll stop drooling....

''Go get em' Mike: look, the other team stole YOUR puck and they won't give it back! KILL EM'!''

Hehe

[Edited on 2003/6/12 by Markov79]

What are the chances that we've overrated Ward?

Will he be as great as we think he is? Right now we're rating him above Audette (some of us are anyway).

If he was really that good, he would have been in the NHL a while back, wouldn't he?

Hmm :eyes:

If our present NHL lineup all died today (horrible thought, yes, but...), what would you do?

I think we'd be kinda safe with out AHL team. And with all the salary we'd save, think of the UFAs we could Rangerize (it's in the new dictionary: "Rangerize: v. To purchase or sign with exorbitant amounts of money and promises"

Hossa-Ribeiro-Ward

Perezhogin-Higgins-Balej

Ryder-Himelfarb-Thinel

Lindsay-Staal-Czerkawski

Komisarek-Hainsey

Bouillion-Beauchemin

Archer-Shasby

Wait, goalies.

OH! THAT'S RIGHT!

GARON HASN'T BEEN SENT DOWN YET, HAS HE?

SHEESH! WE'RE SCREWED

BTW, I went to the Columbus Cottonmouth's website

http://www.cottonmouths.com/bios.cfm

And saw their captain, Jerome Bechard...

Is this guy our property? If so, can we bring him up to play with the Habs? He looks like exactly what we need...

:lol:

[Edited on 2003/6/12 by TheAussiePosse]

Will he be as great as we think he is? Right now we're rating him above Audette (some of us are anyway).

Who thinks Ward will be great? Ive never heard anyone say that . Our expectations are not that high. Most of us expect Ward to be a solid gritty player who can play on any line and get 20 goals and 50 points at MAX...

And saw their captain, Jerome Bechard...

Is this guy our property? If so, can we bring him up to play with the Habs? He looks like exactly what we need...

I dont think anyone on that team is Habs property (from the list they had at the front) ... Bechard sure as hell isnt our property...

Why'd you bring that up anyways? lol

[Edited on 2003/6/12 by puck7x]

1st period over... 1-0 Aeros.

Dogs look really nervous and shakey... They arent playing the way they are capable of playing. Conklin is extremely shakey he is giving up all sorts of rebounds ...

Dogs were also badly outshot in the 1st period (20 to ???)

They need to get their act together... NOW! GO DOGS!

Message original :  puck7x

1st period over... 1-0 Aeros.

Dogs look really nervous and shakey... They arent playing the way they are capable of playing. Conklin is extremely shakey he is giving up all sorts of rebounds ...  

Dogs were also badly outshot in the 1st period (20 to ???)  

They need to get their act together... NOW! GO DOGS!

Conklin for the final game ?? argh :((

anyways, only 1 goal after an horrible first period.. could have been worst.. go BDogs for the 2nd period!

Two 3-0 game #7 Finals in the same week ?

well.. it's quite sad. It was too close! A game shy of the AHL title.

Great year anyways by Hamilton. The Habs organisation is going in the good direction and our future looks good. Now (next year) we'll able to develop more players since we won't have to play the Edmonton prospects..

Good season Bdogs! :clap:

Well this is a big downer...

Lousy effort by the Dogs tonight , its a real shame they couldnt finish off the year with a championship (since they wont get this chance again as a TEAM) ... It would of been a great "winning" experience for the habs prospects , but at least its still an "experience" ...

Anyways I'm sure Komisarek/Ward/etc wont get too depressed , since tonight was probably their last games in the AHL (at least for awhile) ...

I only got back in time to see the 3rd... they managed to apply good sustained pressure about 2-3 times in the whole period.

There was a lot of panicking, looked lost at times... really disorganized. With the 2-0 lead the Aeros were rightfully trapping and Geoff Ward seemed to make no adjustments... simply watched them run the clock out.

Solution was easy, D man needed to carry the puck out to break down the defense... Hainsey did it once and it lead to one of our few chances.

Komi kept just chucking the puck off the glass to the opposing D... really pointless, tell Dykhuis to stay away from him.. he's rubbing off on him :)

And when they did get the chances, they didn't take advantage... to be outshot and outplayed like that at home in Game 7 of the Finals is really disappointing.

If Holmquist had stolen the game then ok, but we just plain lost this one.

Hossa was invisible - as always - for the period I saw anyways.

This series was lost by Conklin in games 4 & 5... didn't see the games bu I heard he was very weak. Series went from up 2-1 to down 3-2... then the team didn't manage to bail him out by sweeping the last two.

Still... what a great year nonetheless.

Three forgotten prospects have come back into the fold (Ward, Ryder, Beauchemin).... 3 graduations (Komisarek, Hossa :monkey: and Garon).

Plekanec did well, Balej's year was a wash, Hainsey came back from his knee injury and played well down the stretch.

Gratton, great year and would have been ever better if an injury didn't take him out of the lineup for a while... but whether he'll ever make it back to Montreal is still unknown. The present overload situation in Mtl certainly doesn't help him.

Ward wins prospect of the year easily... nobody exceeded expectations more than him. I love the leadership skills that have emerged as his game has picked up, man do we need more of that in Montreal.

[Edited on 13-6-03 by Habs77]

I think you all know what I will say.

And therefore I will not say it.

I will think it.

I will belive it.

And I will buy my plane tickets to Montreal tomorrow.

Watch out, AS...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

I think you all know what I will say.

And therefore I will not say it.

Even Garon wouldnt of saved the dogs last night , unless Garon scored a few goals. The dogs were outplayed and couldnt get any offense going , Conklin didnt play very well , but its not his fault that his team couldnt score...

Ohh well... the good news is that Conklin is finished with the bulldogs...