USC vs Michigan

Redlight60

what a disapointing game.......i like both teams but Michigan is definetly my favourite. USC was dominating, but it helps when they get all the bounces.(off edwards foot). The whole game could have been different if Edwards had caughgt the first pass..rrrr!very bad officials to

Ditto... college ball is all about those stupid bands, tons of hype but pretty crappy football.

More often than not, one team just creams the other... not fun to watch.

And the worst part is as you said, this stupid bowls at the end instead of a playoff... no thanks.

I rather concentrate on the NFL right now, the best part of the playoffs are the coming 2 weekends with 4 playoff games per weekend.

Then it gets more and more boring, with less & less games but more & more pre-game filler instead.

As for the Super Bowl, it's more about the 6 hour pre-game show, and commercials at halftime, the 1 hour aerosmith concert during that half time, the 1 hour post-game show with 100 interviews about thanking god for giving them the ability.

It's just about enough to forget there's a game being played somewhere in there... no not the bud bowl, or the lingerie bowl, an actual NFL game.

The fact it's the only game of the year played in front of crowd that doesn't care either way (rarely does either team belong to the host city) sure doesn't help either.

At least that's one thing that is right with hockey, the biggest game(s) of the year are not played in front of a neutral crowd in some neutral location.

I really like College Football. It's all about rivalry and great excitement. I watched the Michigan vs Ohio States game and it was pretty amazing. There's so much enthusiasm in the crowd of more than 50 000 people. 50 000.. that's unbelievable.. and it's only a university game! They are creating an event and it works.. players love to play on that atmosphere.. it's like they were playing for history each time they are on the field. I don't like the bowls thought.. it's sure kind of playoffs would be exciting, but that would be hard to do i think. There's so many college and dunno if they could travel for an extended period of time.

<i>At least that's one thing that is right with hockey, the biggest game(s) of the year are not played in front of a neutral crowd in some neutral location.

</i>

While i think that is a pretty good point to an extent, i just don't think the NFL could have a system like that. Home field means quite a bit and it just wouldn't seem fair to have the deciding game decided on someone else's home field. I would like to see them rotate the location to places all over the U.S. Right now it's usually New Orleans or Miami that ends up getting it, they should spread it around fairly.

college ball may have a screwed up sceduale, but its much better ball than NFL. more rivalries(as mentioned before) and the crowd really gets into it. Michigan vs michigan state is always a good one, or florida vs florida state as another example

Originally posted by Redlight60

college ball may have a screwed up sceduale, but its much better ball than NFL. more rivalries(as mentioned before) and the crowd really gets into it. Michigan vs michigan state is always a good one, or florida vs florida state as another example

The NFL has a lot of boring games during the season... but if you're selective you can always catch a few high-quality games every week that are much better than the over-hyped college crap.

Not to mention the stupid rankings.

The only way I could a college ball fan is if I went to one of these colleges myself... gladly I'm not so I don't have to subject myself to such torture.

And the CFL beats both of course ;)

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>At least that's one thing that is right with hockey, the biggest game(s) of the year are not played in front of a neutral crowd in some neutral location.  

</i>

While i think that is a pretty good point to an extent, i just don't think the NFL could have a system like that. Home field means quite a bit and it just wouldn't seem fair to have the deciding game decided on someone else's home field. I would like to see them rotate the location to places all over the U.S. Right now it's usually New Orleans or Miami that ends up getting it, they should spread it around fairly.

Problem is the the SuperBowl is about sponsors, most tickets are corporate... and the whole SuperBowl week is all about cashing in.

The game itself is an after-thought... they don't have it in a neutral location to be fair, they couldn't care less about that.

The fact is they don't want to have to fly all those suits & sponsors to a wasteland like Green Bay... so they keep it in party towns like New Orleans & Florida.

The best part of the playoffs is right now, enjoy it for 2 weeks.

I still enjoy the Sunday double header of the NFC and AFC championship games. The Super Bowl isn't as exciting, but if it is a good one, nothing beats it in my opinion. Yeah the sponsors diminish the game, but what can you do?

As for College, i find it a bit of a joke. Is tonight the nation championship game? Who is the best team? It could be the winner of the Sugar Bowl or USC, but it could also be a number of other teams such as Ohio State. The fact is, College football only gives a select few teams a chance to even make it into the BCS. Small colleges like Miami of Ohio and Texas Christian aren't even given a chance, no matter what they do. (Miami (Ohio) had just 1 loss, they don't even get a BCS bid, let alone a chance at the nation championship, TCU loses two games and they are neglected to the Fort Worth Bowl.

Until College gets a decent playoff system that gives every team a chance to win (like pro sports), it will be considered a joke in my opinion no matter what you say about the rivalries and the enthousiasm.