Ea Releases Nhl 07 Ratings!

jetsniper

http://sports.ign.com/articles/728/728775p5.html

Jose still one of the best goalies in the game. Kipper is at a 95 and Brodeur at a 94 while Jose is at a 90. He's gonna have good trade value!

I just went through all the goalies. Kipper, Brodeur, Roloson and Luongo are the only goalies with a better rating. Just imagine if he didn't have a shitty campaign. o_O

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratings are ratings. As long as they're in proportion, I don't really care. I hate sports on the PC anyway, my friend borrowed my Microsoft controller (and never gave it back) and playing with the keyboard and mouse is far too clunky.

Pierre, every computer has a graphics card, it just depends how updated it is. This hunk of junks is so outdated, I can barely play NHL 2002 let alone World of Warcraft. You just need to find the specs which should be listed on the internet somewhere. I know Futureshop lists them but I'm not sure if they do it for games which aren't released yet.

So, what do they say about Montreal?

Not that it's relevant anyway... just curious.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Habs Ratings:

Player Name Position Style Rating

Saku Koivu Centre Playmaker 91

Mike Ribeiro Centre Dangler 85

Radek Bonk Centre Grinder 80

Chris Higgins Centre Sniper 76

Steve Begin Centre Grinder 74

Garth Murray Centre Grinder 67

Sergei Samsonov Left Wing Sniper 85

Pierre Dagenais Left Wing Grinder!?!?! 76

Tomas Plekanec Left Wing Grinder!?? 71

Andrei Kostitsin Left Wing Grinder!? 70

Alex Kovalev Right Wing Sniper 90

Michael Ryder Right Wing Power Forward! 86

Mike Johnson Right Wing Sniper 84

Alex Perezhogin Right Wing Grinder!? 75

Aaron Downey Right Wing Grinder 62

Jonathan Ferland Right Wing Grinder 59

Sheldon Souray Defenseman (Offensive) 87

Andrei Markov Defenseman (Defensive!?) 80

Mathieu Dandenault Defenseman (Defensive) 78

Craig Rivet Defenseman (Defensive) 75

Francis Bouillion Defenseman (Defensive) 74

Mark Streit Defenseman (Defensive) 72

Mike Komisarek Defenseman (Defensive) 69 !?!?!?

Dan Jancevski Defenseman (Defensive) 63

J.P. Cote Defenseman (Defensive) 60

Cristobal Huet Goalie Butterfly 85

David Aebischer Goalie Butterfly 85

Yann Danis Goalie Butterfly 70

I like most of the ratings, but I'm terribly dissapointed with Komi's rating. Sure, he's not a point getter, but he better have huge potential.

Also, Dagenais a grinder?

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Komisarek is rated lower than Dagenais?

Ok now that completely doesnt make sense!

You know fellas ... take that list of player ratings ... turn on your nhl06 game and they're pretty much the same ...EA has done that for the most part for the since 04 ... they only adjust a few players and add new ones ... they won't any time in the near future adjust every player based on performance from the priveous year.

Now if you get the PC version of the game and wait about a month or two after the game is released ... there are a lot of people that go though every player and adjust they're player stats ... add ALL the new players .. even prospects not under contract ( which EA is limited too ) and adjust rosters for traning camp trades and wavier action. all you have to do is wait and then download the file and place it in the proper folder. For console games it's alot more difficult than that i'm afraid :(

nhldepot.net .. is a good place for finished rosters :D

You know fellas ... take that list of player ratings ... turn on your nhl06 game and they're pretty much the same ...EA has done that for the most part for the since 04 ... they only adjust a few players and add new ones ... they won't any time in the near future adjust every player based on performance from the priveous year.

Yeah, those ratings are, indeed, eerily familiar. I might get the game for PC and break down and buy a controller for my PC if I can get decent rosters for it.

You know what, you're right. They are pretty much exactly the same.

Why did I think EA would actually do research and make the game as realistic as possible? I forgot it was EA.

As I parodied in another thread... EA GAMES: RUIN EVERYTHING

As I parodied in another thread... EA GAMES: RUIN EVERYTHING

Not everything, they put plenty of time into editing players on Madden and NCAA, and adding a few innovations every year. Hockey just gets put by the wayside since they aren't making as much money off of it.

Not everything, they put plenty of time into editing players on Madden and NCAA, and adding a few innovations every year. Hockey just gets put by the wayside since they aren't making as much money off of it.

Well their tagline isn't EA Games: Challenge Most Things, so I'm not able to be completely accurate.

I pretty much just get the PC version only now ... just so I can update the rosters ... either I get them from somewhere or I edit them myself. other than the roster and player ratings ... I think EA still makes the best game to play :)

I pretty much just get the PC version only now ... just so I can update the rosters ... either I get them from somewhere or I edit them myself. other than the roster and player ratings ... I think EA still makes the best game to play :)

You can edit players on the console versions, but it'd be a hassle to edit every team. And it's no fun if I only edit the Habs.

You can edit players on the console versions, but it'd be a hassle to edit every team. And it's no fun if I only edit the Habs.

I started to do that at one point. My brother got the game in January, so I went through it doing all the trades and fixing players stats, and creating a bunch of players (a 2006 hockey game without Crosby and Ovechkin??!)

That lasted about 2 weeks, then I a) ran out of space for creating players, and B) got tired of seeing three playmakers on a line and failing despite seeing those same 3 players tearing up the NHL.

I started to do that at one point. My brother got the game in January, so I went through it doing all the trades and fixing players stats, and creating a bunch of players (a 2006 hockey game without Crosby and Ovechkin??!)

That lasted about 2 weeks, then I a) ran out of space for creating players, and B) got tired of seeing three playmakers on a line and failing despite seeing those same 3 players tearing up the NHL.

I have the online adapter, so I was able to download guys like Crosby and Ovechkin, but they didn't update any other player ratings like they do for Madden. Very frustrating.

Actually, Madden doesn't even get it all that good either:

'Ten Reasons why Madden Sucks'

http://www.giantmag.com/2006/08/games/ten-...y-madden-sucks/

A nice primer before the 2007 version is released.

At least we have NHL 2k6

Yeah editing every player though the console is a big hassle ... like you I usually just edit the Habs and most of the obvious mistakes.

I'm still really looking forward to this game. oh and Fanpuck ... EHM 2007 comes out on Sept 22 :D ... that game looks like its going to be nice as well.

They have to play in the NHL before they can be put in a game, it's an NHLPA thing.

Why don't you guys just get the 2k series? 2k sports makes better games then EA anyway.

Actually, Madden doesn't even get it all that good either:

'Ten Reasons why Madden Sucks'

http://www.giantmag.com/2006/08/games/ten-...y-madden-sucks/

Come on, haha, that article is a joke. Wanting to put betting, dirty hits, and drunken fans in the game? Get real. The 10 dollar roster update for 07 rosters on 06 would be great, but there were some good changes between 06 and 07, bigger than in recent years. A 2nd UFA signing period was added, prospect scouting is revamped, they made the "pocket presence viewer" optional.

And NHL sounds backwards of games like NCAA, which focus on roster changes rather than game upgrades. NHL has the whole new control system and new commentary, but crappy rosters.