Ea Releases Nhl 07 Ratings!

jetsniper

They have to play in the NHL before they can be put in a game, it's an NHLPA thing.

Why don't you guys just get the 2k series? 2k sports makes better games then EA anyway.

I'm aware, which is why I wonder why they don't wait till 2 weeks of the season have gone by to release the game so they can do the updated rosters.

*shrug* No love for the consoles.

I've never played any of the 2k series

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware, which is why I wonder why they don't wait till 2 weeks of the season have gone by to release the game so they can do the updated rosters.

*shrug* No love for the consoles.

I've never played any of the 2k series

I think it was even longer last season and even then it was confusing as hell to figure out. They didn't have Phanuf and Ovechkin but "#3" and "#8". And then I lost them among the many EA employees who thought it would be a hoot to add themselves to the FA pool.

I changed the rosters and added all the key rookies to my NHL 2k5 game (it's updated perfectly to the end of July and the game came out in September 04. Just think about the roster changes there for a second). Only took me a couple hours to do and I've got perfect rosters with excellent gameplay and none of EA's bullshit.

Ea ratings always suck. That's why I love the PC version where I can download someone's roster edit with updated ratings that are usually more realistic.

Keep me up to date with such after the game will be relseased. I don't want to have to sign Zach Priest ever again (I do only because I don't want to have to play against him)

http://sports.ign.com/articles/728/728775p5.html

Jose still one of the best goalies in the game. Kipper is at a 95 and Brodeur at a 94 while Jose is at a 90. He's gonna have good trade value!

I just went through all the goalies. Kipper, Brodeur, Roloson and Luongo are the only goalies with a better rating. Just imagine if he didn't have a shitty campaign. o_O

Any hint as to when it will be out?

I heard the PC game won't be next gen.

What? That doesn't even make sense. You can't have a next gen PC game. Next gen means all the newest consoles so right now next gen is 360, PS3 and Wii.

Unless of course they mean that NHL 07 won't be compatible with Windows Vista but I don't think Vista will be ready for another year or so.

Oh sorry, I heard the game won't look like the next gen game on 360 or PS3 but rather look like a game on PS2.

Got it off the NHL 07 forum on the ea website. People are pisssed.

Ohhhhh...ok, that makes sense. I'm not surprised, consoles will be surpassing PC's in terms of power fairly soon anyway.

So will NHL 07 look next gen on the PC or not?

No. It'll look slightly better than NHL 2006.

:rolleyes:

Did I say I meant next-gen?

Is Xbox360 still considered next-gen?

Consoles are moving closer to PCs. They practically share the same exact parts allbeit in a different shell.

Unfortunatly the PC version will NOT be next-gen ... which basically means it will only be a little bit better than the 06 version :angry:

I'm pissed ... only because I watched all the trailers and looked at the screen shots and assumed it was going to look like that for the PC game as well, they can do it ... but they WON'T :angry: .... also I've read in forums that the dynasty features will not be the same as the XBOX 360 is getting ... that too pisses me off :angry: ... I'm going to find it very hard to fork over $40-50 bucks for a game that is just alittle bit more updated ( not really ) than the 06 version already in my computer ... i've read that the physic's engine and all the new stuff ( ie goalie movements etc ) will also not be the same ( it will be like 06 ) ... I think i'm just going to update my rosters once again on 06 and just play that until either it comes out on PS3 ( which I want , not XBOX ) or from what i've read they're going to do next-gen on nhl08 for PC.

boy EA sure does know how to piss it's customers off .. year after year. Too bad nobody else makes a decent hockey game for the PC.

most of this I read in forums , from EA , Gamespot and IGN

No. It'll look slightly better than NHL 2006.

Is Xbox360 still considered next-gen?

Consoles are moving closer to PCs. They practically share the same exact parts allbeit in a different shell.

Until PS3 and Wii are out, yes, 360 is still next-gen.

PS2 was next gen up until the Cube came out and they came out more then a year apart.

Like me and Trizzak have been saying, EA sucks and likes to put as little effort as possible into their games. Theres a reason most of the hardcore gamers boycott them as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
PS2 was next gen up until the Cube came out and they came out more then a year apart.

PS2 and GameCube are considered to be the same generation. The generations are basically determined by what systems they are competing against. Gamecubes competition was the PS2 and X-Box.

360, PS3, and Wii are all the same generation.

Anyways, did anyone pickup NHL 07 today? I'm not keen on getting it unless I hear good things about it.

PS2 and GameCube are considered to be the same generation. The generations are basically determined by what systems they are competing against. Gamecubes competition was the PS2 and X-Box.

360, PS3, and Wii are all the same generation.

Anyways, did anyone pickup NHL 07 today? I'm not keen on getting it unless I hear good things about it.

Um...yeah...thats what I was saying.

Obviously I know all that.

But you were clearly claiming PS2 and Gamecube were a different generation. "PS2 was next-gen until Gamecube." That means Gamecube became next-gen, while PS2 became old-gen.

No I wasn't. I was saying that the PS2 was next gen until it gained it's competition. When the PS2 came out, it was next gen and N64/PS1 was current gen. When Gamecube came out, it was the last of the next gen consoles thereby making the PS2 a current gen console along with the Xbox and Gamecube.

Just read the line I said BEFORE I said that. I'm not that much of a moron to think Sony created it's own little generation (especially when it comes to video games. It's by FAR my area of expertise)

I thought it was in stores on the 14th?

Probably have a different release date in Canada than the US. Down here, all new DVDs and games are released on Tuesdays, maybe the same happens on Thursdays in Canada?

I guess I'm just confused by what next-gen means. To me, it means something that hasn't even happened yet, like 360 was next-gen until it came out, then all its new competition is current gen.

Probably have a different release date in Canada than the US. Down here, all new DVDs and games are released on Tuesdays, maybe the same happens on Thursdays in Canada?

I guess I'm just confused by what next-gen means. To me, it means something that hasn't even happened yet, like 360 was next-gen until it came out, then all its new competition is current gen.

No, it's Tuesdays in Canada. Lots of people in Canada already have it, my EB got it in at 2 this afternoon. CDs, DVDs and games are all the same day as the States.

Next gen is the above and beyond, like 360 is over the PS2 and Gamecube which are still current gen. Something isn't current gen until all competition is out so we have to wait till PS3 is out before the 360 becomes current gen. I say that because the PS3 will be the last one out since Nintendo has already stated they want to get theirs out before Sony.

How about Sony cutting their prepared PS3 shipments in half? They've cut it down to 2 million units from 4 million units so they can create the same kind of market demand that the 360 faced last year. The only thing is Microsoft didn't do that on purpose and it actually hurt them. Sony seems to be making bad decision on top of bad decision with this thing.