Interview With Juraj Mikus

shortcat1

The following link gets you to a video interview with Juraj Mikus. (He says that his first name is pronounced 'You-r-eye'. Good to know.)

I found it on another Canadiens fans site. I hope it's ok to post this. I trust that the moderators of this board will do with it as they deem best.

Here's the link:

http://www.chfans.com/photos/video/Mikus.wmv

(The video interview lasts almost six minutes.)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

No offense to the interviewer but he was REALLY nervious.

Good interview though.

The interviewer is obviously not a pro but an amateur in the true sense of the word.

Amateur comes from the French form of the Latin root of the word meaning a "lover of"...

The kid's obviously a lover of the Canadiens.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

(post # 5440... should maybe name a rock band by that name... 54-40... yes... sounds like a good idea)

Edited by shortcat1

Yeah, it's nice to see a young kid get his teeth wet on journalism, but I wish he didn't ask so many questions concerning Quebec, French, the "greatness" of the Habs Organization. I really get the sense that Quebec media is all about Navel gazing, and it really annoyes me. I didn't find that the interview uncovered too much that we didn't already know, aside from the proper pronunciation of Juraj's name and his idols (which we could have guessed).

Also, if he asks how to pronounce the guys name, he should try to continue to pronounce it right.

On a side note, happy to see that this reporter is picking up English early. It will definitely help out any ambitions to become a journalist in the future.