Hamilton's Possible Lineup...

Habzmaniac

So far this is what I project the dogs will look like to start the season minus the oiler prospects. I don't think they will look too bad.

Grabovsky- Chipchura- Kostitsyn

Lambert- Lapierre- Ferland

Lemieux- Locke- Milroy

Bonneau- (Manlow- Baines) Two experienced AHL veterans

Urquhart

O'Byrne- Jancevski

Sanford- Archer

Gleed - Dulac Lemelin

Benoit

Danis-Halak

Desjardins

I feel we would could use an offensive d man and a winger from the oilers to complete the team. I expect Danis too stick with the Habs before long. He has to play 23 games with the Habs or he's unrestricted next year. I think Aebischer will probably be traded early on. Kostitsyn, Lapierre and Chipchura will be called up to the habs often this year and one or two will be regulars on the habs by season's end.

I didn't mean to pick on Locke. lol I think he will get plenty of ice time and produce more than last year. I just thought he's played well with Milroy the last two years why change it. With Grabovsky and Kostitsyn I thought Chipchura can cover their butts defensively. Cheers

First off, only 11 forwards dress in the AHL. Also, Manlow and Baines will not be 4th line/scratches, they will be some of the key cogs on this team.

Locke should stay with Kostitsyn, the 2 played somewhat well together last season (although I think Pouliot was the main reason there). Let's not forget about Matt D'Agostini and Greg Stewart, plus possibly Mathieu Aubin, who have the potential to have a significant role on the team (and that's not necessairily a good thing.) Lambert has proven he cannot cut it in the AHL, he'll be in Cincy, not sure if Bonneau will be carried (Stewart is borderline enforcer anyways), while Urquhart will be a long shot as well.

Grabovsky-Locke-Kostitsyn (they can score, defending...not so much, I'd expect an Edmonton player [Jacques, Pouliot, Winchester] to slide in the LW slot and bump Grabovsky down)

Manlow-Chipchura-Ferland (proven vet to play and help develop Chipchura, Ferland for toughness and alleged offensive ability)

Baines-Lapierre-D'Agostini (Milroy has shown he can't score consistently, D'Agostini has a decent scoring touch and coupled with a proven AHL'er in Baines, this line could do something last year's 3rd line couldn't...score a goal)

Lemieux/Milroy (since only 2 other forwards can dress...)

Stewart as the tough guy when the team needs it

ECHL bound: Lambert, Bonneau, Urquhart, Aubin

On the D, Benoit has to play. He can't defend to save his life, but he can help the PP, and it needs help. Dulac-Lemelin could barely cut it in the Q, he's likely not going to make the team. Archer's status is also uncertain with a leg injury carrying over from last season.

O'Byrne-Jancevski (original poster had this one, I like it, should be #2 when Cote and Edmonton player arrive)

Benoit-Archer (assuming Archer's healthy, there was some chemistry here last season)

Sanford-Gleed (Gleed likely to the ECHL when Cote and EDM help arrive, Sanford's mobility a plus)

For now: Dulac-Lemelin as #7 (ECHL bound when someone gets sent down)

In goal, Danis and Halak, although not necessairily in that order, Halak supplanted Danis as the starter down the stretch last season, will that carry over again?

I'm still not sold on this lineup doing a whole heck of a lot, other then fighting to stay out of the basement.