Anyone Picked Up 07/2k7 Yet?

jetsniper

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game tends to corrupt memory cards when playing in Superstar or Franchise mode. The corruption affects the whole memory card and renders it useless. EA has yet to address this.

Holy ****, how did they let that pass through? That's a HUGE problem. I was thinking of getting it for PS2 since my 360 version is ****ed. **** that.

Well, I made the most last minute decision of my life and got NHL 07 for the 360. I got the $3 scratch guarantee so if it gets scratched, I can exchange it free of charge, no questions asked.

I'm also moving my 360 from it's vertical position because I think thats part of the problem as well, the games fall out of the holder on occasion when its up like that.

Well, I made the most last minute decision of my life and got NHL 07 for the 360. I got the $3 scratch guarantee so if it gets scratched, I can exchange it free of charge, no questions asked.

Reminds me of the only time I ever scratched a game disc. I went to stand up, and the cord was wrapped around my foot, so I yanked the PS2 of its stand and it fell about a foot with the game still running. Game froze everytime the commentary started after that, but luckily, the game was NHL 2003, so I usually turned the commentary off anyways.

I'm always shocked at how scratched rental games and movies are. What do people do to those discs?

Reminds me of the only time I ever scratched a game disc. I went to stand up, and the cord was wrapped around my foot, so I yanked the PS2 of its stand and it fell about a foot with the game still running. Game froze everytime the commentary started after that, but luckily, the game was NHL 2003, so I usually turned the commentary off anyways.

I'm always shocked at how scratched rental games and movies are. What do people do to those discs?

Yeah, I remember a few years ago I rented a PS2. I could extremely rarely run NHL 2002 and only once in a while run Gran Turismo 3. I think it's careless tweens who don't know that CDs are really fragile.

Turns out with Madden, I just couldn't play a game. It used to last until the 2nd quarter but last night, I could only get the opening kickoff. Other then that though, it was fine. Like an extravagant football EHM. Traded it in today anyway, I might go pick it up again later somewhere down the line.

Turns out with Madden, I just couldn't play a game. It used to last until the 2nd quarter but last night, I could only get the opening kickoff. Other then that though, it was fine. Like an extravagant football EHM. Traded it in today anyway, I might go pick it up again later somewhere down the line.

NCAA football had a similar bug a couple years back. If you used a created team, the game would freeze during the post-game summary after almost half the games, the worst time for the thing to freeze. It also happened probably once or twice a season using a normal team.

With Madden, I pretty much use it like football EHM. I tried out the Head Coach demo, but didn't like it very much. I don't like the gameplay of Madden, so I just try to build the best team and sim my way to the SuperBowl. Plus, it lets me use more of my draft classes from NCAA quicker. I had 4 draft classes ready before Madden even came out this year.

NCAA football had a similar bug a couple years back. If you used a created team, the game would freeze during the post-game summary after almost half the games, the worst time for the thing to freeze. It also happened probably once or twice a season using a normal team.

With Madden, I pretty much use it like football EHM. I tried out the Head Coach demo, but didn't like it very much. I don't like the gameplay of Madden, so I just try to build the best team and sim my way to the SuperBowl. Plus, it lets me use more of my draft classes from NCAA quicker. I had 4 draft classes ready before Madden even came out this year.

Thats what I'll probably do with Madden 07 since the gameplay feels weird this year. I'd still like the option to play a game here or there since I usually like to play the Super Bowl. Madden 05 though (my favorite version), I love to play. When I'm bored, I'll do the EHM thing because thats just as fun with Madden.

I've just tried it on PC. You can barely tell the difference with 06. The graphics and game-feel is slightly better, but the controls are a little bit confusing at first.

Found out lot of things have been taking out of the game. For example, you can not edit players on teams anymore, just the free agents.

I'll have to try it some more to give more feedback.

One nice thing: Montreal bands Priestess and Mobile got songs in the jukebox (Talk to Her and Montreal Calling). That's great.

Did they put the salary cap on this year? Are player salaries close to what they are in real life? Has franchise mode changed from last year?

I'm still not sure if I'll get 2k7 or '07.. mmm

Did they put the salary cap on this year? Are player salaries close to what they are in real life? Has franchise mode changed from last year?

I'm still not sure if I'll get 2k7 or '07.. mmm

Yes there's a cap, but you can use your upgrades to push your cap.

I haven't played enought to see lot of differences. The warmup animations are the same, everything basically looks the same... You've got some "trust" bar from your owner, that's new... Can't seem to do anything about the finances...

Yes there's a cap, but you can use your upgrades to push your cap.

I haven't played enought to see lot of differences. The warmup animations are the same, everything basically looks the same... You've got some "trust" bar from your owner, that's new... Can't seem to do anything about the finances...

Glad to see I am not the only one to think this is almost the same as 06 :wall::angry2: Why bother buying it at all? Sheesh!

Well, the actual game feels slightly more realistic, but not by much. The default medium level seems harder than what it was in 06, slightly smarter AI. Though the computer is still a dumbass when it comes to auto-line changes. Really looks like they've reached the top of the curve there.

But other than everything's the same, down to the custom teams logos and shirts and goalie masks.

The interface is dissapointing IMO. A step back from 06. Stripped down, but not as intuitive, lot of options gone. Plus there's a goddamn standing screen that pops up after every fast-simmed game, which is a pain in the ass.

Anyway... nice to see Carbo behind the bench though.

It's great.

But I've got a question for those of you who have it... How do you frikkin update that game. I downloaded the update pack, put it in the right directory... but when I open the game and go to update roster, it doesn't show! What's wrong?

and who stole my nickname on easports.com? I'm sure it's some lame soul from here <_< that's lame dude. get a name of your own.

So what have people done with their lineups so far now that the game has been out a week?

Mine is: (new acquisitions in bold)

Wolski - Sakic - Ovechkin

Hejduk - Getzlaf - Brunette

Ladd - Turgeon - Laperierre

Laaksonen - McLean - Konowalchuk

Ference - Leopold

Skrastins - Liles

Clark - Vaananen

Bryzgalov

Kolesnik

haha! who did you trade for Ovechkin?

I first got the updated lineup.

I swapted Ribeiro for Bell, not that big of an upgrade, Bell can't skate... but at least I don't have Ribeiro on my roster.

I traded Rivet for Mara, when I saw he was slower, I went out and got Stuart for Mara... Brad Stuart ROCKS

I traded Dandenault for Aucoin. Chicago GM was happy to get rid of the salary, I was happy to get a tougher partner for Stuart.

That's pretty much it.

Sammy Koivu Kovalev

Bell Higgins Ryder

Begin Plekanek Johnson

Murray Bonk Perezhogin

Souray Markov

Stuart Aucoin

Komo Bouillon

Huet

Aebischer

--------------------

Game rating:

Video : Mucho improvment over 2006, I'd give it a 9.

Gameplay : more realistic, yet still EA's, good job, maybe on par with the competitor now (short history: EA has always been more arcade like and more fun to play if you don't care about the realism, competitor games are sometimes a pain in the ass to play, but would be more realistic -> coughing the puck, no backbreaking hits, etc...) I'd give it a 9 too.

Difficulty, durability, IQ : I'm playing a dinasty, on hard... and I didn't have any difficulty to beat the sens something like 15-5... my guess is that by mid-october, I'll be bored to death... up to now (I'm 5 games into the season) I'd give it a 4, at least I was getting beaten up hard at the "expert" level on 2006.

Trades : up to now, it's way better than the other years... 7 ;)

Overall Fun : 8... and 10 if you have Samsonov on your team... he's the KING of One timers... you make a pass to the wing... and you think there is no player... but suddenly a flash blows the screen, what is it??? is it a bird? is it an airplane? is it a rocket? no ! It's Frikkin Samsonov!! SCOOOOOORE!!! :king:

Btw... up to now, Kovalev sucks. Besides some lightning wristers, he plays on the perimeter, can't hit, can't skate... I'm hugely disappointed in him.

Value : at 35$ (compusmart) it's really cheap, even if you only play one month.

Kovalev is slow but he is near impossible to knock over...as for Rivet...I don't kniow what the EA programmers were watching but he is dynamite this year. (maybe it is different on PC) I wouldn't have traded him. His shot is hard and accurate. Souray is a liability with penalties. I will have to try the dynasty mode to make trades but I always hate having the enemy on my team...I will probably trade Ribs though.

Your right about Samsonov...give him the puck and nobody can touch him.

Kovalev is slow but he is near impossible to knock over...as for Rivet...I don't kniow what the EA programmers were watching but he is dynamite this year. (maybe it is different on PC) I wouldn't have traded him. His shot is hard and accurate. Souray is a liability with penalties. I will have to try the dynasty mode to make trades but I always hate having the enemy on my team...I will probably trade Ribs though.

Your right about Samsonov...give him the puck and nobody can touch him.

Rivet : yes, I might swap Aucoin for Rivet...

Sammy : if you can deke, he's untouchable... don't go in heavy traffic with him though...

Kovalev : True, but I'm more a skater - crash the net - behind the net... so Kovalev never gets to get the puck since he's right in the middle of the offensive zone... with 4 guys on his back... Meanwhile Sammy scores :D

I think, if I was to split Kov and Sammy, I'd use Kov better.

Wow, I dont know how you guys play. Sammy is the king for rushing the puck but I can't score with him. On the other hand, everything Kovy shoots at the net ends up a goal. Same with Ryder. Now with the grey circle that appears when a linemate is open, its was too easy.

I'm the type that likes to have a speedy guy with good passing like Koivu or Plekanec control the puck down low until a guy is open in front of the net for one-timers. If I can get the puck to Kovalev or Ryder, its almost an automatic goal, even with the accuracy at the minimum they both kill.

I've restarted lots of dynastys because I created a few rookies and have to tweak them again and again. I'll post my lineup later when I got something stable, I'm just in season 1.

Wow, I dont know how you guys play. Sammy is the king for rushing the puck but I can't score with him. On the other hand, everything Kovy shoots at the net ends up a goal. Same with Ryder. Now with the grey circle that appears when a linemate is open, its was too easy.

I'm the type that likes to have a speedy guy with good passing like Koivu or Plekanec control the puck down low until a guy is open in front of the net for one-timers. If I can get the puck to Kovalev or Ryder, its almost an automatic goal, even with the accuracy at the minimum they both kill.

I've restarted lots of dynastys because I created a few rookies and have to tweak them again and again. I'll post my lineup later when I got something stable, I'm just in season 1.

Once you'll have done some realistic rookies (I don't want a monster Latendresse. or a kovalchuk-like Kostytsyn), I'll be interested to try it on my game :).

As for Sammy-Kovalev. The problem with Kov is that I can't get him to uncover himself. When I pass to him, it's intercepted. whereas with Sammy, I play him "Run and Gun" with Koivu... actually I'm really going run and gun on NHL, less of a passing play style... although I'm better when I remember to do some passing plays.

your right Sammy does miss the net quite a bit but you get more chances with him. Stream is also right about Ryder, he and Kovalev don't miss often. Don't try to shoot with Bouiliion either he hits the stands. I find Higgins misses a lot too.