Anyone Picked Up 07/2k7 Yet?

jetsniper

Who did I trade for Ovechkin?

You guys are gonna love this....

Theodore. And a 3rd and a 4th. Thank god for Theodore's overblown rating. :lol:

Your games take 2 hours to play? How long are your friggin periods? Mine are at most, 15 minutes. I've got mine set all the way to Hall of Fame or whatever and it's really difficult. Not too difficult to where I lose all the time but diffcult enough to where I'll have a normal record by seasons end instead of like..2 or 3 losses. Sadly, my first loss in NHL 07 will always be remembered as a 2-1 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Best team in the league right now. :puke:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that I only played 2 hours with the game up to now.

But despite having not much experience with it, in one 10 mins periods game vs Ott, I managed to blow them out... playing at difficult...

I've got mine set all the way to Hall of Fame or whatever and it's really difficult.

:huh:

I have - Beginner, EAsy, Medium, Diffucult... and that's it.

I've got...Beginner, Pro, All-Star and Hall of Fame.

I've got it for 360 though so it was made by an entirely different production team so I can't compare it to any of the copies you guys bought.

HAHA!

so you're rich? :o

Yes, 360 is a completly different game from what I understand... it shouldn't even be called by the same name.

HAHA!

so you're rich? :o

Yes, 360 is a completly different game from what I understand... it shouldn't even be called by the same name.

Haha, no, I worked my ass of at 10/hour all summer so I could get one. They can rename it NHL 07 For The Rich And Famous.

:D

Once you'll have done some realistic rookies (I don't want a monster Latendresse. or a kovalchuk-like Kostytsyn), I'll be interested to try it on my game :) .

As for Sammy-Kovalev. The problem with Kov is that I can't get him to uncover himself. When I pass to him, it's intercepted. whereas with Sammy, I play him "Run and Gun" with Koivu... actually I'm really going run and gun on NHL, less of a passing play style... although I'm better when I remember to do some passing plays.

Well, the lines I've got now is:

Samsonov - Bergeron - Kovalev

Malone - Ribeiro - Ryder

Higgins - Plekanec - Lapperiere

Begin - Yelle - Latendresse

Markov - Souray

Bauchemin - Hannan

Bouillon - Komisarek

Huet

Danis

Basically I want a PLY and a SNP on every line, works well.

Yeah I tried to make the rookies realistic. None of them are in the NHL save for Latendresse but that's just because he's a SNP and I've got none others. Kosty & Perezhogin are better than him but can't really play Crash the Net. He's almost impossible to knock off the puck but he's nothing exceptionnal... yet. Chipper, Grabovski, O'Byrne, Price and etc are all in the minors.

I absolutely can't do anything worthwhile with Sammy. I play an All Out Offense so he's always getting the puck up there, but he's not as useful as Kovy. BTW, anyone else found the sort of bug: as soon as you get inside the blueline, release a wrist shot. Kovy scores almost 50% of the time that way. Stupid.

I get good results with Higgins. If I can get him open for a good wrister or have Plex feed him close, it usually works. Bergeron to Kovalev is also much deadlier than when I had Koivu. Also, when I can dangle with Ribs long enough for Ryder to get open, its a charm. Its the most beautiful goals I get.

More stupid stuff I've noticed:

- How many stupid high-stick penalties can there be? Its almost only high-stick this high-stick that.

- The D-men are so stupid. They stink at the point and are clueless in the defensive zone.

- Crossbar, crossbar, in the stands... That's where most of the shots seems to go.

- Switching players defensively is still as stupid as ever. Gotta hit the button about 100 times before getting the right player.

- Eliminate the other team's best players with slapshots from the points and injuries cranked to the max!

- Perfect setups on 2-on-1 dont go in, but weak backhand one timers from high in the slot works. WTF?

More stupid stuff I've noticed:

- How many stupid high-stick penalties can there be? Its almost only high-stick this high-stick that.

- The D-men are so stupid. They stink at the point and are clueless in the defensive zone.

- Crossbar, crossbar, in the stands... That's where most of the shots seems to go.

- Switching players defensively is still as stupid as ever. Gotta hit the button about 100 times before getting the right player.

- Eliminate the other team's best players with slapshots from the points and injuries cranked to the max!

- Perfect setups on 2-on-1 dont go in, but weak backhand one timers from high in the slot works. WTF?

Wow, must be lots of difference for the 360.

1. I don't get that many penalities. When I do, it's usually elbowing or tripping. Haven't seen a high stick penalty yet.

2. The D AI is REALLY GOOD. It's hard as hell to get a shot through and when you get into the offensive zone, the D is on you like a pitbull on a poodle.

3. Eh, that sounds about the same.

4. Click the left trigger and it switches, easy as pie.

5. Haven't tried it but it's probably the same for everyone version. :P

6. Very rarely can I manage to set up a one timer and I think I've only had a few backhands from high in the slot go in. It's because of the goalie AI, they come out really far now. But trying to set up a one timer is frustrating for me.

Out of curiosity Koz, what'd you send to us for Lappy?

Jets, I'm telling you, it's totally different. I've read that it's not even developped by the same team...

And it's logical to be that way... you're talking about a war machine when you're talking about the 360... would be stupid to have the game on par with the regular Xbox, etc.

Jets, I'm telling you, it's totally different. I've read that it's not even developped by the same team...

And it's logical to be that way... you're talking about a war machine when you're talking about the 360... would be stupid to have the game on par with the regular Xbox, etc.

Yes...I know. I've said that countless times. :blink:

Wow, must be lots of difference for the 360.

1. I don't get that many penalities. When I do, it's usually elbowing or tripping. Haven't seen a high stick penalty yet.

2. The D AI is REALLY GOOD. It's hard as hell to get a shot through and when you get into the offensive zone, the D is on you like a pitbull on a poodle.

3. Eh, that sounds about the same.

4. Click the left trigger and it switches, easy as pie.

5. Haven't tried it but it's probably the same for everyone version. :P

6. Very rarely can I manage to set up a one timer and I think I've only had a few backhands from high in the slot go in. It's because of the goalie AI, they come out really far now. But trying to set up a one timer is frustrating for me.

Out of curiosity Koz, what'd you send to us for Lappy?

1- I'm talking when penalties are cranked high. high-stick is always what happens.

2- I'm talking about own team D. They look blind. They dont move when the puck is near them at the point, fan on one-timers all the time, etc.

3- meh

4- No, that doesnt excuse the cpu not switching to the player closest to the puck. Sometimes its like it gives me any player except the one closest to the puck. dumb.

5- Yeah. Souray's amazing for that.

6- That's almost the only way my goals are scored: one-timers. I got so used to dangle for goals before NHL 95, that when we got one-timers it was too easy. Dangle until someone opens and badabing badaboom, you got a goal.

Heee... dont remember what I traded for Lappy. My trades are almost all the same: 2-for-2, upgrade offense by downgrade defense. I dont care about high-rated big slow D-men like Souray. Not worth a shit when he loses every race to the puck. So freakin' frustrating when you're on the PP and you waste all your boost in one race to the puck. I'd rather have 6 Bouillons.

I got a line of Begin - Lapierre - Lappy I use sometimes . So strong on the forecheck its almost my fave line.

I've set up a nice little French Connection line now: Gagne - Lecavalier - Tanguay. Lecavalier's deadly from anywhere in the zone. Tanguay is so good at getting open and Gagne's everywhere on the ice.

Why would you crank the penalties? And D AI works for both teams plus it gives me the closest player to the puck.

I was just bringing up how the 360 version is different anyway, thats why I said click the left trigger. On the 360 controller.

I'm glad I decided to go for the 360.

you're a lawyer alexstream? Cool. What kind?

He's a traffic lawyer. If you see his bright red smart car, it's him on the job.

Koz.... :o

WHERE IS KOIVU :nono:

Traded. In every NHL edition I always trade Koivu to get a youger, better C. This time I had to trade him to get Bergeron (who had been dealt to CAR for Cole by BOS).

Then I moved Ribs & Ryder for Lecavalier and knick knacks.

I moved Samsonov to Philly for Gagne

I moved a bunch of guys to Calgary for Tanguay.

Rivet, Souray, Dandeneault, Streit were also all traded. I landed M-A Bergeron and Shea Weber, Tim Gleason. Weber and Gleason kicks ass. They're hard-hitting DD but have great mobility. I wanted Salei but couldnt afford him.

When I really want a guy but dont have an equal player to trade, I do my dirty incremental trick: trade a 78 for a 79, a 79 for a 80, a 80 for a 81, etc. Until I work my way up to the guy I want. For those who will play Yahoo's SK league; its basically the same. Lot of incremental trades with a small edge each time. You can get anyone that way.

yeah, I confirm, the hardest difficulty level on my PC is "difficult" and I beat the sens 8-2 with 10 mins periods...

Also, the "trick" in that version is to go in the corner of the rink (middle distance between the corner of the rink and the net) and to do a one timer to someone on the opposite side of the net. 66% efficiency... when your pass makes it to the player...

god, I'm almost already bored... and I haven't played 10 games yet... The game itself is really fun, but... I'm already kicking the cpu's ass.