The Carey Price Thread

mathieu30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalies taken high in the last little while are showing to be mostly reliable. There's Luongo, DiPietro, Lehtonen, Marc-Andre Fleury, Pascal Leclaire, Cam Ward (25th) etc.

Poor Blackburn.

Price is in that league and is at worst the worst of the bunch. That's at worst.

At best? He's young. He's huge. His lateral movement is sound. And, IMO: If we had Marc-Andre Fleury, Price would exceed him in our depth chart, already. :D

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

• 3 months later...

And we're off!!!

Price will be starting the tournament's 1st game vs Sweden. Here's the tsn.ca link to the related article:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID...29&hubname=

The game will start on Tuesday December 26th at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt. The game can be seen live, in Canada, on TSN and. for the rest of us, on TSN Broadband.

Looking forward.

I posted this on my other Carey Price thread... heck... one more post towards my 1 millionth. :blink::blink::blink:

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Last yeer it was the Leaf fans getting excited about there young goalie, this year it is us. The big difference is that we all know that Price is a good 5 years away from making our roster. We have 2 top NHL goalies now, 2 top AHL goalies, and a maybe 1 or 2 in Europe that are all ahead of him in developement. This means, unlike Pogge, Price has all the time he needs to mature, work with our goalie coaches, and be 100% ready when he gets the call. Pogge, unsure of spelling but who cares, will be thrown to the wolves well before he has developed fully.

Price; has been excellant thus far; This part of this career is turning out better than expected. If his resume if filled with experiences like this one, he may find a fast track to the AHL in a hurry. And then who knows what the future could bring but knowing he is reliable and has solid fundamentals is every encouraging.

worthy of being drafted #1 by les Canadiens.

Go Price Go!

Go Canada GO!

Go Habs Go!

In the games I've seen at the WJC, the most impressive thing I can say about him is that his positioning is incredible, and he's only had a goalie coach for a season. I don't know if Rollie worked with him during training camp at all, but whoever's working with him in Tri-City has done an excellent job. About the only knock on him at the draft was that he wasn't a solid positional goalie.

Edited by RobRock

In the games I've seen at the WJC, the most impressive thing I can say about him is that his positioning is incredible, and he's only had a goalie coach for a season. I don't know if Rollie worked with him during training camp at all, but whoever's working with him in Tri-City has done an excellent job. About the only knock on him at the draft was that he wasn't a solid positional goalie.

Olaf Kolzig during the lockout I think

And maybe someone can show him to stop more shots in shootout.

Anyway he is impressive enough in game situation.

Yeahp, but hey! Huet isn't really that great in SO's but we still love him too. :D

A bright future ahead of this guy for sure. Still has plenty time to learn as well.

The M.O. for the final is to score more than one goal. Price will do the rest.

G.A.A. through 5 games : 1.00 (a tad under that since today's game went to overtime)

Oh yeah... in that case *edits HW StatTracker*.

Price currently has a 0.91 GAA in the tournament.

Well, he worked with Olaf Kolzig (Who owns Tri-City) before he ever worked with Rollie for quite a few years, which explains why I see so much of Godzilla in him. Just the way he challenges so agressivly, the way he fills the net, definatly reminds me of Ollie... only faster and far better with his stick. Definatly encouraging!

I don't think he did that well in the shootout, but he definitely had a strong game. :clap:

absolutely but there was some creative shooters out there.

he totaly stole the game on that pk in OT

Like I said on the 'official WJC' thread,

jacques demers was saying that in his talks with the red wings administration (while he was attending yzeman's ceremony), that his former employers were saying that the canadiens drafted a suprising player in price but they've ended up drafting one super goaltender in the making.

could be just politeness but, then again, it could be quite an honest comment on their part... i'll go with the honest comment...

very encouraging

i've never really have gotten to see too many great goalie prospects while they are young, and can anyone tell me if Price is as good as everyone is making him out to be. I've watched the canada games and he makes the saves look easy but he hasnt had to many game savers, or spectacular saves(i remember one glove save). I wonder if hard, and quick release shots will get by him based on how the shots were going in on the shootout. He could handle the dekes, but the quick wristers he had trouble with. BTW ive seen Alex auld, and mike Leighton in the ohl, and now ive been watching trevor cann for the petes, but he doesnt look that amazing either, even though he is highly touted..... i guess its good ill never be a scout

Like I said on the 'official WJC' thread,

jacques demers was saying that in his talks with the red wings administration (while he was attending yzeman's ceremony), that his former employers were saying that the canadiens drafted a suprising player in price but they've ended up drafting one super goaltender in the making.

could be just politeness but, then again, it could be quite an honest comment on their part... i'll go with the honest comment...

very encouraging

i've never really have gotten to see too many great goalie prospects while they are young, and can anyone tell me if Price is as good as everyone is making him out to be. I've watched the canada games and he makes the saves look easy but he hasnt had to many game savers, or spectacular saves(i remember one glove save). I wonder if hard, and quick release shots will get by him based on how the shots were going in on the shootout. He could handle the dekes, but the quick wristers he had trouble with. BTW ive seen Alex auld, and mike Leighton in the ohl, and now ive been watching trevor cann for the petes, but he doesnt look that amazing either, even though he is highly touted..... i guess its good ill never be a scout

Based on accomplishments, I would say Carey is a lot better off listening to Kolzig than Melanson. Probably just as well off taking advice from his dad Jerry, who was a pro goalie before injuries ended his career. I can't see that Melanson would have that much to teach Price. Probably just confuse him more than anything.