The Carey Price Thread

mathieu30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this nickname for Price that this person from the Rochester media gave to Carey: Iceman. I t really suits him, and I hope it sticks.

Bulldogs' 'Iceman' stops Amerks

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...370/1007/SPORTS

Edited by habscout

• 2 weeks later...

WHL Announces 2006-07 Award Winners

Calgary, AB - The Western Hockey League announced the 2006-07 winners of the annual WHL Awards presented Wednesday, May 2nd at the WHL Awards Luncheon in Calgary.

WHL Goaltender of the Year - Del Wilson Trophy

Carey Price (Williams Lake, BC), Tri-City Americans

:hlogo:

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=6918

Groulx impressionné par Price

«Ça faisait longtemps que je n’avais pas été aussi impressionné par un cerbère. Il est étonnamment très calme. Il n’est vraiment pas nerveux, entre autres, avec la rondelle autour de son filet. C’est plaisant de le voir à l’œuvre. Il semble très sérieux.»

• 2 weeks later...

Question that deserves to be considered.

If the Dogs win the Calder Cup and Price gets the MVP.

Does he still need a whole year in the AHL next year ?? or can we consider trading Huet and give the net to Halak and Price.

I say that because both Halak and Price are very good stickhandler, a thing that Huet doesn't do at all. When Halak was in the net the defense looked a lot better. So if both goalie have nothing more to learn in the AHL(Halak didn't even join the Dogs for the playoffs then why not play them both next year. Since we all know the habs are not gonna be cup contenders next year, then why not go with the youth all the way.

Trading Huet becomes an option to strenght some of our most glaring needs. ANd we save 2 million in the nets.

If halak really steps up during the season, maybe.

if montreal seems to light years from a playoff spot. perhaps.

however, I really dont think that they will rush either kid.

besides, huet did go to the allstar game last season so by no means he's a goalie that we need to replace.

Yep, i would trade Huet and Ryder To Florida and see if you can get Horton or one of there good D men.

If have no problem with Halak and Price being Goalies next year. Let the other 18 do there jobs for once.

Yep, i would trade Huet and Ryder To Florida and see if you can get Horton or one of there good D men.

If have no problem with Halak and Price being Goalies next year. Let the other 18 do there jobs for once.

Next years draft is going to be much better top end wise, and it's loaded with defensemen, what a draft it's going to be for the OHL from the looks of it. So if your going to roll the dice, it's better to miss the playoffs next year when the draft has some really impressive prospects in the top 10-15.

Goaltending is THE position you have to have in the NHL. The Habs have it right now in Huet and in the future with Price and Halak, so why play with fire here?

There are 10-15 teams that have been looking for goaltending for years and years and now we are gonna throw ours out the window for another prospect in a position that we already have?

Call Vancouver (before Luongo) Philly, Tampa, NYI (before Dipietro), Atlanta, Boston, Toronto, St.Louis etc etc they will tell you that is is a great idea, and then start to package guys for a trade.

YOU CANNOT SELL JUST FOR THE SAKE OF SELLING!!!

:wall:

The fact that we would have two young goalies challenging for the number one spot would not weaken the team. Huet is good and i like him but he is not potentially as good as the goalies that have performed very good in the playoffs this year.

So it'S a matter of confidence on how good these kids are.

And i believe Price is that good.

Rushing a goalie into the NHL is a good way to ruin him, especially on a soft defensive team. Nomatter how good Price is, he's still learning.

Price will start the year in the AHL. If not, we'll be making a HUGE mistake, and I just don't see BG doing that.

Rushing a goalie into the NHL is a good way to ruin him, especially on a soft defensive team. Nomatter how good Price is, he's still learning.

Price will start the year in the AHL. If not, we'll be making a HUGE mistake, and I just don't see BG doing that.

Agree 100%.

The kid needs icetime. It's as simple as that.

Trade Halak ;)

:hlogo:

Trade Halak, sign Aebisher for 5 years he is a keeper ;)

So big game tonight for the Dogs time to make it 3-0.

How about a thread Mathieu30 ??

Aebischer? Haha..

Give me 5' for that thread.

Here's another good article about Price, courtesy of today's Hamilton Spectator:

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?4304

I found it very interesting that Rollie Melanson mentioned that a goalie needs around 100 AHL games to be mentally prepared for the NHL, but that a playoff game counts as 4 games. The article talks about his superior stickhandling a lot, but it also mentions that the Habs do not expect to rush him to the NHL.

I'm interpreting this article as saying the Habs expect Price to stay at least one full season in the AHL [barring injuries to either Halak or Huet of course]. I predict that Price should get at least 50 games next season, and that the Habs will not retain Danis, instead turning over the backup role to Desjardins.