Official HW Beer Thread

JLP

Erdinger, good choice!

Yeah, I made a bet with some folks many moons ago that I would NOT move in with my exgf within 6 months. The 6 months time frame has passed, so it's time to collect my 3.5 cases of beer. I specified in the bet that it HAD to be Erdinger or equivalent quality beer. NO cases of PBR for me.

i'm gonna get crucified for this but.. I love Bud. Yes I drink Bud. *take a sip* aaaaaa

10.1 labatt blue dry. only way to roll...

thats the one beer I try to avoid. If I have a choice of beer, labatt beers won't be chosen.

for some reason, I like labatt blue in cans but not in bottle...

i'm gonna get crucified for this but.. I love Bud. Yes I drink Bud. *take a sip* aaaaaa

it's ok, I fsome one offers me one I'll take it.

the first beer I drank was a O'keefe :puke: and then I didn't drink beer for the next 10 years

thats the one beer I try to avoid. If I have a choice of beer, labatt beers won't be chosen.

to be honest, i wouldn't either... but the 10.1% labatt blue dry is the beer with the most alcohol... for $5.25 you can't go wrong.

i drink to get drunk... thats why i drink 40oz only.

Edited by fromage

Not enough love here for local Montreal brands which are tastier and higher quality than most popular brand name imports from mega breweries. My favourites are definitely the Boreal and Mcauslin (Griffon/St. Ambrose brands) breweries.

For international beers, double diamond is one of my top choices, Harp & Grolsh are up there too. For czech beer, the tastiest one I've encountered in prague was this brand named "Krusovice"

Edited by Dirty Harry

Fanpuck sez: "Budweiser IS GREAT BEER" :blink: :puke: :?-

Then Alexstream sort of argues that he also like mass-produced beer better than microbrews :blink::huh::o

Wassup wit youse sense of taste?

Beer Talk Begins

hey woah, misquoting me is not a good way to start a thread :P

I love Alexander Keith's

but that's not a "microbrew" when you can find it at Loblaws (a 24 for $22) so depends how you define microbrew.

Microbrew IMO is anything that is hard to find, that is brewed only in small quantity, that might not even get bottled,etc...

But these beers are often really thick, really dense, and after one you feel like you've just eaten a full box of All Bran.

to be honest, i wouldn't either... but the 10.1% labatt blue dry is the beer with the most alcohol... for $5.25 you can't go wrong.

i drink to get drunk... thats why i drink 40oz only.

If you wanna throw up, "Navigator of Holland" is the way to go. $2 per can, not kingcans format, but not regular either, it's something like 500ml per can w/ something around 8%... and it's really pukeable...

-----------------

What about a Warm "Labbat 50" while watching a Expo game?

If you wanna throw up, "Navigator of Holland" is the way to go. $2 per can, not kingcans format, but not regular either, it's something like 500ml per can w/ something around 8%... and it's really pukeable...

OMG yes that beer is so ***ing horrible, I remneber buying it in Québec City.. I gave more than half to a friend who tought it tasted good , he found me quite generous :lol:

Another horrible beer is the Torreador. A single 1.18L made me puke not once but twice (I was a newbie at drinking then tough). I think it has been discontinued tough as I dont see it anywhere anymore.

• 6 months later...

Heinikan is my fav but then again if i had the choice between beer and something els id take something els unless my eyes want the color of beer lmao

And Carona isnt half bad

WTF is that, and what links it to Holland??

It aint dutch

Wow a nice thread coming from nowhere!

My favorites beers are all white.

1. Unibroue 1837

2. Cheval Blanc

3. Hoegarden

4. I like Bleue Dry, Molson Dry, i dont like Export, Bleue, It has to be Dry !!!

5. so many fight for the 5th spot Holsten festbock, others Unibroue, all the german beers i can't spell, belgium stuff, etc

those i hate the most are the "summer crap beer" aka Corona, Coronita, Heineiken (hein just smell skunk) and all the cheap beers aka Carling, MGD, Bud, Wildcat, etc...