Official HW Beer Thread

JLP

they don't sell carlsberg here.

Just finished a 24 pack of Corona from Cinco de Mayo. Then stupidly the family bought Budweiser :puke:

I got Carlsberg Elephant in Dayton once, it was God awful.

Anyways, nobody has yet answered the question I had that brought this thread back from the dead: When did Molson stop putting funny labels on the back of the bottles?

Duvel and Fritten.. hrm.. hrm.. good!

Funny labels? didn't have time to read any funny labels.. too busy drinking.. excuse me while I go get another.. :)

GO HABS GO!

Smoke em if you got em!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

I've never seen those labels. I'll give you 2$ each. MP me if you want to sell me those bottles...

Sorry, those have a special meaning to me, which is the only reason I still have 'em. They were both from the first six pack I ever bought. Bought them to watch the Habs game my parents taped and mailed to me, since I didn't have Versus back at college.

P.S. If anyone was wondering why I kept that bottle of Carlsberg Elephant even though I said it was the worst beer I ever had, it's because as a kid I collected elephants, so I had to keep a bottle, hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought at the SAQ 2 bottles of

Samichlaus 2004

Countries: Austria Brewery: Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg

Bottle, 33 cl

brunette, high fermentation, 14,0 % alc. flight(theft).

Beer brewed once a year in the daytime of St-Nicolas, on December 6th and aged during 10 months before being bottling. Rich, almost creamy beer, in the complex flavour where get involved a taste of Malta, a point(headland) of spice and the taste of the alcohol.

i think i'll wait for a special event to drink it...

give me some good ideas for my trip down to the farm in a week. Cuz with 4 days til 21 I got some beer options. I refuse to drink Bud or Miller or Coors products.

I've got Molson, Moosehead and Labatt

what are the other big ones I can run into here in the middle of nowhere.

Well, then, no Molson for you! I work right next to one of the MolsonCoors corporate office. Molson has always had Canadian, Golden, Export, Brador (if that's still made), XXX, Ice, etc.

@Fanpuck: The Molson twin labels were at least interesting. I wonder why they disappeared, too.

Current fridge stock:

Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter

Labatt Blue (always on standby)

Corona and Dos Equis Amber (the girl is a Mexican beer junkie)

if you are out and about in the midwest, you can't go wrong with Leinenkugel (Wisconsin) or Goose Island (Chicago)

I too miss the twin labels

and I still don't get why I can find XXX at just about any specialty beer store, but have to search high and low for Export and Labatt 50

and I still don't get why I can find XXX at just about any specialty beer store, but have to search high and low for Export and Labatt 50

Amen! No Ex for me in Colorado. I've even asked at places I've gone in. Seems it's disappeared stateside since the merger.

I just got back from the supermarket with lots of Chimay. On saturday my parents will visit The Abbay of Saint Sixtus of Westvleteren and get us some Westvleteren*.

*Widely seen as the best beer in the world.

Life is good ;)

I was looking for Molson Canadian and Import, I've seen it before at my local store but this morning all they had was "Golden" and "Ice".

And why can't the importers in this country import 12 packs? Bet the american labels pushed for some law. Besides Heineken keg cans no other 'import' is in can form.

And why can't the importers in this country import 12 packs? Bet the american labels pushed for some law. Besides Heineken keg cans no other 'import' is in can form.

Why complain? In most cases, bottles are better than cans. Budweiser is the only beer I've had that tastes better out of a can than it does out of a bottle.

I was looking for Molson Canadian and Import, I've seen it before at my local store but this morning all they had was "Golden" and "Ice".

Must just be the area. I can get Molson Canadian, Labatt, Heineken, and various others in cans. The only times I buy cans is when outdoor concert venues (or parks) don't allow glass.

I know but I need cans for the fridge in the farm this weekend that's why.

^_^

funny Pierre.. ;)

btw, congrats with your birthday. Health and happiness.

I think you mean Molson Export.

I get all sorts of imported beers in 12 packs, including Molson and Labatt.

I have also, like huzer, gotten various imports in cans - canadian, modelo, and of course Bodingtons and Guinness.