Chaotic Scene As Shots Fired At Montreal College Cbc

Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, truely sad but I'm watching it on MSNBC and they already are doing anti canadian insults. pathetic on there part.

how do you mean ? are the american commintators ripping on canadians while this is going on ?

Apparently the gun man was dressed in military fatigues

Yeah when I turned on the tv, the commentator who's shift was ending at 2et started talking about 'how canadians look down to americans when it comes to guns thinking we are cowboys'. The lady kept it up but the FBI guy who was on was trying to tell her to cool it. I hope she gets fired.

3 critical/serious and 7 others injured but not in danger. Apparently he had scores of students lying down on the floor. The police had their guns drawn on the guy and he stated shooting the students on the floor. Chaos broke out after that.

Isn't Sherbrooke right next to Atwater and Ste Catherine? :(

RDI unconfirmed says there were 2 gunmen. One committed suicide the other killed by police.

It's looking to be a domestic. Typical teen rage scenario like...I'd rather not say.

This is going to rock Montreal politically. Guns and gun control are issues that are probably going to flare up now.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Guys, I'm watching MSNBC almost as long as Pierre has, I haven't heard any anti-Canadian comments. They've mentioned Canada's gun laws and how this happened in spite of those laws, but there have been no comments that can be defined as anti-Canadian.

I can't believe the clips they keep showing from CBC. That poor girl is in tears and traumatized, get the camera out of her face!

Anyway so, as with the shooting in '89 what do you think the political ramifications of this are? I can say the Conservatives plan to dismantle the gun registry are pretty much doa.

I swear, this is not the time nor the place for politics right now.

This is a tragedy.

the latest is 4 killed 16 wounded...not sure...still looking for a possible third gunmen. I was watching CNN and they seemed to have more info than the Canadian networks...no anti-canadian stuff that I heard on that station

Let's keep our fingers crossed for any of our HW friends who may go to Dawson College. :nono: I know a few of the HWL members are in College in Montreal and let's pray that none were there. (Macaskill, Tony, Andrew off the top of my head) :nono: