Chaotic Scene As Shots Fired At Montreal College Cbc

Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

msnbc was saying that there were reports that the shooters were ticked about some argument about where they could smoke... it made no sense... not that any of this makes sense.

Ahhh, I see. I will agree with you about none this making sense though. Violence and bloodshed is never the answer. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Sep 13 2006, 02:55 PM) 126519[/snapback]

Let's keep our fingers crossed for any of our HW friends who may go to Dawson College. :nono: I know a few of the HWL members are in College in Montreal and let's pray that none were there. (Macaskill, Tony, Andrew off the top of my head) :nono:

Maca goes to Vanier. I did a HW-forum search, and the only people we know that goes to Dawson is BTH's sister.

msnbc was saying that there were reports that the shooters were ticked about some argument about where they could smoke... it made no sense... not that any of this makes sense.

Could be true. Who knows what causes this crazy thinking.

For me, I'm moving past the news mood to a bummed out one.

Gazette The Canadiens have called a news conference for 4 p.m. today at the Bell Centre, at which time team president Pierre Boivin will announce the names of two former players who will have their jersey numbers retired during the 2006-07 NHL season.

I hope they have cancelled the press conference

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Sep 13 2006, 02:55 PM) 126519[/snapback]

Let's keep our fingers crossed for any of our HW friends who may go to Dawson College. :nono: I know a few of the HWL members are in College in Montreal and let's pray that none were there. (Macaskill, Tony, Andrew off the top of my head) :nono:

As Matt said, I got to Vanier, I'm fine. Tony should be fine as he's graduated already out of Dawson. As for Andrew, he's attending Vanier as well.

I heard the news in class today, as a guy in my class came in and told everyone about it (his girlfriend goes to Dawson). Our teacher entered the class at this time and listened and proceeded to call the union and got the freshest info for us at the time, and that was that there were 4 severly injured people and 1 guy with a machine gun and trench coat.

News has changes since... latest being that there are 13 injured, 6 are critical, and 1 confirmed death. The one person dead is considered to be the gun-man, no word on how it happened though or if it really is him. Other news is that there is only 1 shooter, which goes against what many of the people have said (1-4 shooters).

I'm going to hook up to CJAD 800 online and listen in, they have the best information for anyone interest.

Very sad news, my deepest sympathies to all the families and friends involved. I'm still waiting confirmation that several of my friends are alright. It was a very rough drive home as I listened to the information... Very sickining.

Hope BTH's sister is okay.

Nah, she graduated and is in McGill now. The other sister goes to Vanier. The other's in high school, so everyone's safe.

Though about a third of my grade has siblings in Dawson - none of them were hurt though.

Thats good to here BTH. All I can say and repeat what they are saying on CJAD. That it Montreal was prepared for this one and the response by the police and first responders so far has been amazing. (Thats what CJAD is saying)

So the heroes of the day are the first responders and hospital workers.

This has been a dark day but it was also a day that Montrealers have come together and helped each other out.

Everyone involved in today's events deserve huge support and are heroes.

I just heard a 20 year old women was shot to death. I guess the cops wouldn't tell anything to the media before they reach her familly members.

FYI, dawson college is really close to the old forum, like across the street.

and to answer PTG : yes dawson is linked by tunnels to the metro, a mall called alexis nihon( that they evacuated) and the old forum.

I know there one of HW members that lives close to the college. I hope he's not a student of dawson and if so, I hope he's alright.

anyways, my thoughts go to the familly of the victims and all the people attending Dawson

I really didnt chose my day to go to Montréal, my buddy and I were only a few blocks away when it happened.

We get off Atwater station, everything is normal. We go to the old forum, everything is normal. We go to the Bell Centre to buy tickets, everything is normal. And we go back to Atwater station and I never saw so many police cars in my life before and everything is blocked.

All of a sudden a lot of people started running in our direction and they looked very scared but thankfully that was a false alarm. For a few seconds I was scared than my life was in danger too.

We didnt wanted to know more, we just walked to the closest open metro station, went back to where the car was parked , hoped in the car and GTFO of Montréa as quick as we canl.

Its been confirmed a young women has died as a result from the shooting. 20 year old student.

No name I take it? Bit worried as that's about the age most ppl I know are right now (including ppl I would have graduated with).