Anyone Else Getting Snow?

jetsniper

Yeah, it's really coming down fierce right now. It's the right time of year here for snow. If it's like usual, it'll snow till about Monday, Tuesday-Thursday will be mediocre and then next weeked, you'll think it was August again. We don't get consistent snow till around Halloween.

Gotta love this time of year. :P

good thing you have those chinooks in febuary. I lived them once and fell in love with them. I hate winter so much...except for the hockey season of course

You're lucky jets, here it was nice mid 20's this week got to wear jeans for the first time and what happend today? Highs in the low 30's! GRRR!

Wow, it's that cold down in Missouri? It's been in the upper 70s all week here in Ohio.

If you haven't noticed, the ignore function doesn't really do anything, I end up clicking the "View Post" link that covers up your posts anyways, haha.

Wow, it's that cold down in Missouri? It's been in the upper 70s all week here in Ohio.

If you haven't noticed, the ignore function doesn't really do anything, I end up clicking the "View Post" link that covers up your posts anyways, haha.

Sounds like he means Celcius.

Yeah marky, I love the chinooks. Hated them as a kid though, they'd always melt the hills of snow so we couldn't go sledding.

Sounds like he means Celcius.

Yeah marky, I love the chinooks. Hated them as a kid though, they'd always melt the hills of snow so we couldn't go sledding.

yeah that sucks when your a kid...I used to work outside in jasper and, Man, did I like that chinook.

actually, it almost ruined the 1988 calgary olympics

Aside from high school science, Celsius degress always reminds me of my first trip to Canada. We went to Rice Lake (about an hour and a half from Toronto) for a fishing trip and stayed in a non-air conditioned cabin for the week. Now, this was the 2nd week in June and we're in Canada, so we were expecting pretty mild temperatures. By the end of the week, the thermometer had surpassed 40 degrees and it was miserable. But I got to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame and the fishing was great all week, so it was all good.

yeah that sucks when your a kid...I used to work outside in jasper and, Man, did I like that chinook.

actually, it almost ruined the 1988 calgary olympics

Haha, I remember hearing about that from my dad. He volunteered for the olympics, he helped the athletes with their luggage and equipment.

Aside from high school science, Celsius degress always reminds me of my first trip to Canada. We went to Rice Lake (about an hour and a half from Toronto) for a fishing trip and stayed in a non-air conditioned cabin for the week. Now, this was the 2nd week in June and we're in Canada, so we were expecting pretty mild temperatures. By the end of the week, the thermometer had surpassed 40 degrees and it was miserable. But I got to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame and the fishing was great all week, so it was all good.

the only time I'm sure that its cold in the states is when the temperature is in the minuses.

I'm not judging, Just curious : does anyone knows how they figured up that freezing point was 32f ??

I have no idea Marky and Komi, just that as I've gotten older Celisus and the Metric system just makes way more sense then imperial/american units.

I remember my first trip to Canada. Took the 401 from Windsor to Niagra Falls. Remember this giant wooden farm house near London. People on that highway drive crazy. We were following the speed limit 100kph and people were looking at us funny while they were flying by us. Got passed by a semi who must have been going 130kph.

Can't wait to go back. Miss the country.

Snow? Here in SW Québec you can still go outside in T Shirt ^_^

Okay here's a basic conversion

110 F (once every 10 years) = 43 C

100 F (hot day) = 37 C

90 F (summer) = 32 C

80 F (spring/fall) = 26 C

70 F (late fall) = 21 C

60 F (later fall) = 15 C

50 F (thanksgiving) = 10 C

40 F (christmas) = 4 C

30 F (snow in winter) = -1 C

20 F (cold snap) = -6 C

10 F (usually the low in winter during cold snap) = -12 C

0 F (once every couple of years) = -17 C

- 5 F (once every 5 years) = -20 C

-10 F (once every century) = -23 C

Thats Saint Louis weather. During the winter it will go from 50 to 10 in a week. Had 80 degree weather during New Years a few years back, then the next week after that it snowed. Gets a lot of people sick here, Saint Louis weather. I hate it. It can't make up its mind. Either stay cold or stay luke warm!

Edited by Pierre the Great

Thats Saint Louis weather. During the winter it will go from 50 to 10 in a week. Had 80 degree weather during New Years a few years back, then the next week after that it snowed. Gets a lot of people sick here, Saint Louis weather. I hate it. It can't make up its mind. Either stay cold or stay luke warm!

Hey! That's Ohio weather! Give it back! Better yet, keep it! I hate Ohio weather.

Yeah its pathetic, What part of Ohio are you from? Family landed in Akron back in the 1920's. Northern Ohio can get lake effect snow and is a little colder from my experiences in the Rubber Capital of the World.

Columbus area. Every few months we seem prone to 20-30 shifts in temperatures from one day to the next. Snowstorm one day, thunderstorm the next, that sort of thing.

You only get -23 once a century? Damn you're lucky, thats the norm here. We're good for a week of -40 and every couple years, hit -50 (-50 includes windchill though). We had -53 in Grade 8 and I stayed home and then again in Grade 12

Sweet. I love the bone chilling cold. Makes me feel alive.

Columbus area. Every few months we seem prone to 20-30 shifts in temperatures from one day to the next. Snowstorm one day, thunderstorm the next, that sort of thing.

Yeah Fanpuck our cities seem to be in the grey area when it comes to weather. Saint Louis isn't Chicago cold nor is it Kansas City cold (its colder there because its closer to the mountains gets a draft a lot.)

Plus Saint Louis is prone to tropical waves every once in a while.

I'm probly a rarity, I want to move to Canada because of the weather. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lool:

Sweet. I love the bone chilling cold. Makes me feel alive.

Yeah Fanpuck our cities seem to be in the grey area when it comes to weather. Saint Louis isn't Chicago cold nor is it Kansas City cold (its colder there because its closer to the mountains gets a draft a lot.)

Plus Saint Louis is prone to tropical waves every once in a while.

I'm probly a rarity, I want to move to Canada because of the weather. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lool:

well if you enjoy mild temperature, you could move to vancouver.

if you like cold and wind: winterpeg is your place.

montreal is a bit colder in the winter but it's the humidity that really gets you. not that much snow if you compare to the rest of the province. in the summer you sweat like a pig but if you have the afternoon free, you sit your butt at les 3 brasseurs on st denis st and look at what montreal as best to offer: montrealerettes :blush:

if you like surprises I say move to calgary.

as for the atlantic provinces, I've haven't seen them yet. nicest people in canada though. I'll be seeing you guys next summer.

Haha.

Surprise is an understatement. Today is a perfect example, 7 AM there is sun everywhere, not a cloud in the sky, birds chirping. I think to myself "Finally, some good weather" and fall back asleep. I wake up at 9:30 and theres clouds everywhere and it's just pouring.