Preseason Game Thread | Boston Vs. Montreal | 09/19/06

Spider-Man NL

Nice to hear this about Lats but his chances of making the team this year are slim to none. It seems like the only one to really watch out for now is Grabovsky. It doesn't look like anyone will make it though. *shrug* I can wait.

it's not really important in the scheme of the big team for the moment.

he's only 19... it'll come.

I don't really believe that the Canadiens rush their prospects, as a rule.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Hence the "*shrug* I can wait."

I couldn't care less if he makes the team this year or next or in 2-3 years. To be honest I'm not even expecting him to hit his potential. I just want him to be a solid 2nd/3rd line power forward for us someday. If he doesn't make it then maybe Aubin or D'Agostini will be able to fill/adapt to that role.

Montreal - 14 penalties

Boston - 6 penalties

hmmmmmmmm...........

I'm certain that, for the better part, they were deserved.

Geez - one exhibition game and it sounds like the skeptics' claws are out for Huet? :?-

It's an exhibition game guys - Boston had a ton of powerplays and he was very solid in the early going from what I heard.

No wonder why players cringe at the chance to come to Montreal?

I agree. Remember, the highest level he has played at is major junior. I think in the case of most players, it's better for them to have at least one or two seasons in the AHL before moving up to the NHL. Not everybody is Sidney Crosby.

The game doesn't matter people. Chill.

If nobody voices there opinion then this would become a very quiet place..... :blink:

You are right as it is only preseason. I just cannot figure out why Montreal takes so many penalties. This is one thing they ar going to have to work on in the preseason. Good to see the #1 line together right at the start of training camp. Need as much momentum as possible going into the regular season.

I was at the game. care to read my opinion?? I'll write it anyways !!

1st of all: hope nobody freaks out of the score its only preseason.

for boston, that phil kessel will be a stud..will be great.

I was dissapointed of all the penalties taken by vets: koivu, rivet, streit...

I was very pleased of many kids tonight. of course latendresse seems to have all the goods to stock with the team, all he needs is to show consistency. he showed alot of grit and made alot of sparks.

komisarek was our best D man.

I liked ferlands grit, could be a quick call up should bonk or begin get injured.

Ben Maxwell showed why he was drafted in the second round.

I wish I could've seen more of O'byrne, chipchura, bonk...

can somebody tell perezhogin that the preseason as strated ??

that was my two cents.

PS:Carey Price: wow!! what a save early on. showed why he was picked 5th overall

I was at the game. care to read my opinion?? I'll write it anyways !!

1st of all: hope nobody freaks out of the score its only preseason.

for boston, that phil kessel will be a stud..will be great.

I was dissapointed of all the penalties taken by vets: koivu, rivet, streit...

I was very pleased of many kids tonight. of course latendresse seems to have all the goods to stock with the team, all he needs is to show consistency. he showed alot of grit and made alot of sparks.

komisarek was our best D man.

I liked ferlands grit, could be a quick call up should bonk or begin get injured.

Ben Maxwell showed why he was drafted in the second round.

I wish I could've seen more of O'byrne, chipchura, bonk...

can somebody tell perezhogin that the preseason as strated ??

that was my two cents.

PS:Carey Price: wow!! what a save early on. showed why he was picked 5th overall

Thanks m&k. :)

There seems to be some nice stuff to look forward to in our young guys. :):):)

I hope the fans will give the guy a break!

They dont. That's how it is in Montréal. Some guy in a section close to mine shouted for Aebischer after Boston 2nd goal

And I was at at the game and what I gotta say

- The first period was frikkin pathetic. Boston completely outplayed Montréal in every aspect of the game. Thankfully tough the game was more even during the 2 other periods.

- The defeat is absolutely not Huet's fault. How are you supposed to keep your team i nthe game when your D is getting completely outplayed by the opposing attackers? A goaler cant do everything alone!

- The only ones that impressed me on our side are Koivu,Huet and Price. The first 2 where the only 2 that were even trying to compete during the 1st period.

-Sturm, Thomas, Chara and Kessel had amazing performances for Boston.

- Our PK still sucks

- Everything is disgustingly overpriced at the Bell Centre.. but why would they lower the prices, people buy anyway.

Edited by Jean

If nobody voices there opinion then this would become a very quiet place..... :blink:

You are right as it is only preseason. I just cannot figure out why Montreal takes so many penalties. This is one thing they ar going to have to work on in the preseason. Good to see the #1 line together right at the start of training camp. Need as much momentum as possible going into the regular season.

Answer: Did the kids play? Because if they did there could be your answer.

Havn't read the entire thread so I dont know if its been mentioned before, anyone else noticed the "A" on Steve Bégins' jersey?

yes