Preseason Game Thread | Boston Vs. Montreal | 09/19/06

Spider-Man NL

Spider-Man NL, hello. Awesome game thread. You are a master.

First game is on my birthday. :D

It has begun.

Sorry I haven't been posting. Have flu :(

:hlogo:

No worries... get well soon.

:hlogo:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little premature...

but it's understandable.

am I the only one expecting a trade during the pre-season? I just have that feeling...

I have been waiting for it too.

I'm not sure it will be the Habs that pull the trigger ( I hope it is though), but it seems to be in the air.

Let's hope the Bruins aren't starting Kevin Druce.

Boston Bruins goalie Kevin Druce

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Why not? If we start a third stringer then they can do the same...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Didn't Montreal have some random tryout at last year's camp because he won something on some reality show?

Yeah, he was from Bell's "Making the Cut" on CBC. I don't think he ever played a game though, and if I am not mistaken, he is in the E now.

Yeah, he was from Bell's "Making the Cut" on CBC. I don't think he ever played a game though, and if I am not mistaken, he is in the E now.

I remember watching that show!....What was the guys name again?

Cant wait for the game tuesday, definitely gonna light up the Bruins!....

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

Why not? If we start a third stringer then they can do the same...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I thought it was funny. My bad.

Druce is number 8 on the Bruins' depth chart. Montréal is carrying only 7 goalies. ;):blush:

I remember watching that show!....What was the guys name again?

Kevin Lavallee. He's playing for the Augsburg Panthers, in the DEL.

This thread has got me smiling from ear to ear.

I am assuming it will not be on TV?

Habs 5 Ruins 3

Doesn't look like it. I know the NHL network has some preseason games, but that doesn't start until wednesday. I checked RDS and they won't be showing it either. If RDS isn't showing it, probably nobody is. Oh well, guess it'll have to be CJAD.

Going to the game Saturday against the Laffs. Also bought tickets this past weekend for 4 games-Islanders day game in Feb?(for my nephews) and 4 in the Molson Zone for a game vs. Florida(will be a drunk fest) and 2 in the "club"section" for a Monday laffs game. Blew some big coin but sometimes Wifey wins out. She is NOT coming to Saturdays game though....a tad un-deserving for those great seats(reds).

GO HABS GO

PS- Where is the muscle in that line up......? Looks like there won't be any scraps tonight!

The Komisarek - O'Byrne duo will be really interesting to watch. I wish I'd see the game

About O'Byrne

Ryan O'Byrne was one of the most impressive players at the Habs Prospect camp his past week, and I was hoping that the team would sign him so that he could join the Bulldogs this season. The guy is huge and is physically ready to move on up.

I'm not sure there'd be much more for him to learn hockey-wise at Cornell University, but he may wish to remain there in order to complete his education.

He plays the body well and is quite capable of throwing some thunderous hits along the boards. This site has him at 6'5'', 225lbs... but I recieved an updated list of all the players and their measurements (as well as other information) at the prospect camp, and O'Byrne actually weighs in at 234lbs now; Almost 10pds heaver than last season. He's a force to reckon with.

Personally, I see him as a Komisarek meets Souray or Rivet type of player. He can be quite physical, but his strength and solid skating gives him an offensive edge, as he has quite the shot from the blue-line.

Komisarek-O'Byrne will be one tough pairing. Both are huge and lay people out easily. And both of them (especially O'Byrne) carry their size pretty well around the ice.

Maybe Kovy's not playing to rest his groin?

Komisarek-O'Byrne will be one tough pairing. Both are huge and lay people out easily. And both of them (especially O'Byrne) carry their size pretty well around the ice.

Maybe Kovy's not playing to rest his groin?

well the whole line is resting the first game... thr Ribs sammy and kov line line should play for game two... Kovy should rest it up a bit but should be playing come next game

I'll be there tomorrow. cant wait to see how latendresse will do along d'agostini and maxwell. and can't wait to see the hulk duo

Edited by marky_and_komi

Are these pre-season games going to be televised?

i dunno if someone already answered, but from what i heard (ckack - ron fournier hehe) he said that the FIRST pre-season game on tv is going to be on saturday, september 23rd against the leafs... so i guest RDS is going to show it as well as CBC since LEAFS r playing...

GHG! EVERYBODY GET IN THIS THREAD TOMORROW :)

i dunno if someone already answered, but from what i heard (ckack - ron fournier hehe) he said that the FIRST pre-season game on tv is going to be on saturday, september 23rd against the leafs... so i guest RDS is going to show it as well as CBC since LEAFS r playing...

bebehabs, you would like the Betty Boop tie I have, my clients always comment on it. I like your avatar.

There are rumours shortcat is bringing the popcorn for everyone.... :D

Go :hlogo: Go

Would love to be here, but that will be a bit difficult for tomorrow night. Once I get my laptop up and running though, things will become more convienent.

I don't think that CBC is showing the game :angry: