Top Chretien Adviser Skewers Martin In New Book

Pierre the Great

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

lol the bush quotes are hysterical.

U.S. President Bush, during a private meeting shortly after he was elected, told Chretien he'd heard that Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez was "a pain in the ass.'' Chavez last week excoriated Bush during a speech to the United Nations, comparing him to the devil.

Shortly after the terrorist attacks on the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001, Bush told Chretien: "I have to manage the bloodlust of the American people.''

Bush once jokingly told Chretien he hated officials who leaked information to the media. "If I catch anyone who leaks in my government, I would like to string them up by the thumbs. . . The same way we do with prisoners in Guantanamo.''

Relations between Chretien and Bush remained amicable, at first, after Chretien's refusal to join the Iraq war. But Condoleezza Rice, then Bush's national security adviser, was furious when an expansive Chretien, on the brink of retirement, reminisced with reporters about his "friend'' Bill Clinton, who was closer to Chretien on many social and economic issues. An angry Rice called Chretien's foreign policy adviser and bluntly told him the relationship between Bush and Chretien was "irreparably broken.''

LOL you can here that giant Oh God not again in the Liberal Caucus as the Chretien-Martin Civil War looks to heat up again. lol.

Looks like a good read. Not surprised by anything in the article though. Martin did over-react to the the sponsorship scandal, and he was also pretty incompetent and corrupt himself (just think of all the tax holes he has taken advantage of with his shipping company).

I miss Chretien! He has been our best political leader since PET!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

lol the bush quotes are hysterical.

U.S. President Bush, during a private meeting shortly after he was elected, told Chretien he'd heard that Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez was "a pain in the ass.'' Chavez last week excoriated Bush during a speech to the United Nations, comparing him to the devil.

Shortly after the terrorist attacks on the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001, Bush told Chretien: "I have to manage the bloodlust of the American people.''

Bush once jokingly told Chretien he hated officials who leaked information to the media. "If I catch anyone who leaks in my government, I would like to string them up by the thumbs. . . The same way we do with prisoners in Guantanamo.''

Relations between Chretien and Bush remained amicable, at first, after Chretien's refusal to join the Iraq war. But Condoleezza Rice, then Bush's national security adviser, was furious when an expansive Chretien, on the brink of retirement, reminisced with reporters about his "friend'' Bill Clinton, who was closer to Chretien on many social and economic issues. An angry Rice called Chretien's foreign policy adviser and bluntly told him the relationship between Bush and Chretien was "irreparably broken.''

LOL you can here that giant Oh God not again in the Liberal Caucus as the Chretien-Martin Civil War looks to heat up again. lol.

ah............. soap operas...... what would we do without them? Live our own lives? Gosh...............

:king: :hlogo: :king: