Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Hmmm.... we blew Ottawa outta the water in the 3rd... Possibly strike the Lightning outta the sky in the 3rd of this one?

:hlogo:

I'd love to see Latendresse knotch a game-winner in the dying seconds. Not only for the W, but for the amusement of seeing the French media whipped into a greater frenzy than they already are about him.

I'm going to make a big one...

GO HABS GO!

:king: :king: :king: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :king: :king: :king:

I'd like to see the line-up tonight, apparently only bubble players that will be in the line-up are Lats, Zhog and Jansveski. That tells me that Chips (not surprisingly) will be sent down and so will Kots (probably more due to the play of Lats and Zhog's one way contract that his not-too-dissapointing play).

For tonight I'd like to see:

Higgins Koivu Ryder (no reason to touch this)

Lats Ribeiro and Kovy (kovy likes to carry the puck, ribs has shown chemisty with Kovy last year and Lats last night; could be interesting)

Sammy Pleks and Johnson (sammy likes to carry the puck, pleks sometimes has trouble with that aspect and johnson can be the corner man)

Bonk Begin and Perezhogin ( I wouldn't be surprised if Zhog is traded for defensive depth later in the year to make room for Ferland who, luckily for now, has a two-way contract).

To me this would be a very good opening night roster. Koivu's line gets top minutes, the #2/#3 lines get similar with minutes with the hotter line getting slight more. Last line has its role and tehy usually know what it is.

6 pts for Latendresse tonight :bow:

:hlogo: -> :contract:

13453.gifCanadienBall.jpg13454.gif

Sammy - Ribs - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Plekanec - Johnson

Bonk - Begin - Perezhogin

I'm pretty sure that's the picture for tonight. RDS said that only 3 rookies would be dressed : Jancevski, GuiGuiGui and Perez

I'd like to see the line-up tonight, apparently only bubble players that will be in the line-up are Lats, Zhog and Jansveski. That tells me that Chips (not surprisingly) will be sent down and so will Kots (probably more due to the play of Lats and Zhog's one way contract that his not-too-dissapointing play).

For tonight I'd like to see:

Higgins Koivu Ryder (no reason to touch this)

Lats Ribeiro and Kovy (kovy likes to carry the puck, ribs has shown chemisty with Kovy last year and Lats last night; could be interesting)

Sammy Pleks and Johnson (sammy likes to carry the puck, pleks sometimes has trouble with that aspect and johnson can be the corner man)

Bonk Begin and Perezhogin ( I wouldn't be surprised if Zhog is traded for defensive depth later in the year to make room for Ferland who, luckily for now, has a two-way contract).

To me this would be a very good opening night roster. Koivu's line gets top minutes, the #2/#3 lines get similar with minutes with the hotter line getting slight more. Last line has its role and tehy usually know what it is.

Absolutely love the lines. I'm hoping we see those tonight and see how they work out, i would not be surprised to see those lines starting the regular season if things go well tonight. With the cuts I agree with you on most. I think Lats makes the team for at least 10 games for a longer try-out if you will, if he can continue to play well the next two. He's been playing a lot and may be fatigued so this will be a real test for him.

Jancevski stays as the #7 Dman.

Can't wait for the start of the season. It's right around the corner, 1 week from Friday and we are rolling.

GO HABS GO, big game tonight will go to determining what the lineup will be on opening day.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5203

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Lightning

MONTREAL – The fresh Maritime air proved to be just what the Canadiens needed Monday night as Guy Carbonneau’s crew posted their first preseason win, with a 7-3 thumping of the Ottawa Senators in Truro, Nova Scotia. Back at the Bell Centre tonight, the Canadiens will be playing for the fourth time in five days as they host the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Lightning head into tonight’s matchup also fresh off a win, a 7-4 final over the Dallas Stars.

Tight at the top: Thanks to the Canadiens’ offensive outburst on Monday, the preseason scoring lead is in a three-way tie, as Christopher Higgins, Michael Ryder and Guillaume Latendresse have each notched four points thus far. Latendresse, who remains one of the front-runners for a spot on the opening night roster, scored twice against the Senateurs to take over the goal-scoring and shots on goal leads, with three and 13, respectively.

Going the distance: Just as David Aebischer did on Monday night, Cristobal Huet will play a full 60 minutes for the first time this preseason. In his first two appearances, Huet has stopped 28 of 35 shots he’s faced.

Heather Engel is a writer for canadiens.com

5203_3.jpg

Cristobal Huet will spend the full game guarding the Canadiens' net.

HABS GO HABS!!!!

thought id change it up a bit hehe :P

someone posted earlier what a good opening night roster would be...and i agree...with one minor substitution.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Latendresse Ribeiro Kovalev

Samsonov Plekanec Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Johnson

pleks and zhogurt played amazing together in the playoffs last year....if u guys dont remember...they were our best line in the playoffs....along with zednik

samsonov will be able to keep up with plek (fastest skater in AHL skills comp) and zhogs....one deadly line if they can get their shit together..

just like the SI article said.....we are like a mould of buffalo...that would make 3 very offensive lines....and even the fourth line could chip in offensively in my mind

but beside that....LETS WHOOP SOME LIGHTNING ASS TONIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOO