Preseason Game Thread | Bolts Vs. Canadiens | 09/26/06

Spider-Man NL

no kidding...

and with Kostitsyn's performance tonight... and Perezhogin's wake-up in the 3rd & overtime... the decision will be tougher.

I predict ( :wacko: ) that Latendresse may start the year in Hamilton. It's a nice safe move for him & the organization. :king: :hlogo: :king:

I don't think Latendresse is eligible for the AHL. Once we send him down he goes to junior and we can't bring him up again until his junior team (Drummondville) is eliminated from their playoffs.

I think he will get another year of junior and make the team next year.

Edited by Peter Puck

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still kovy 22 min this game top among forwards the second forward to playing time rank is Ribs 17 min...

Both Kovy and Sammy 10 shots on goal Not quality ones but at least 1/2 of them were dangerous

That is a really stupid rule, in my opinion. You can play in the NHL if your under 20, but not the AHL?? :?-

It's there to prevent the NHL from killing the Junior loop by moving it's better players into the AHL all the time.

Great move - keeps the Junior ranks strong and allows the older players who still need to develop a chance to grow into the NHL.....

Well well well... Samsonov and Kovalev have finally started training camp and put in a solid performance. Mr. ribero checking?? Nicely done Habs as a win is a win even though the only award is bruises this time of year. The game sounded like Montreal is now wanting to play hard and team speed sounded great. I think the second line on Montreal whatever shape or form will be a definite improvement from last year. Kudos to the Habs for a well fought win.

Well i'm glad they showed up and played hard tonight. I didn't see or here the game just saw the box score. Glad to see there was emotion and even a few fights in there.

Once again too many hooking and holding penalties. This will be there downfall this year if they don't get it together.

Glad to here Kovalev and samsonov played well. Did they play together or apart?

He's not old enough. North americans who are eligible for junior (and not overagers) have to play junior (or in the NHL).

That's strange... I heard on TSN or SPORTSNET TV that Toronto was sending Tlusty down to the Marlies, their AHL franchise.

Was that an error on their part, my ears part (far apart) or have the rules been changed?

:king: :hlogo: :king:

That's strange... I heard on TSN or SPORTSNET TV that Toronto was sending Tlusty down to the Marlies, their AHL franchise.

Was that an error on their part, my ears part (far apart) or have the rules been changed?

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Tlusty is European...The rule is different for European born players...S. Kostitsyn could, within regulations, have played in the AHL...Since Latendresse is From North America and is under 20 years old he has a committment to the CHL...if not the CHL it has to be the NHL....I'm pretty sure that is why.

Edited by Talon