Latendresse Stays In Montréal!

Jean

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have expected it - but if it's true then I tip my hat to him......

Hopefully they send Downey packing - I think Murray offers more in my opinion?

However merely signing him doesn't mean he's there yet.... still a kid with great talent that hasn't been tried and proven true.

It's gonna be tough for him - he's no 'Guy' yet they are expecting that level of diety in Quebec.

I think there are some unrealistic expectations here that set him up for a fall from the throne......

gotta love this quote from the translated version!

"Latendress had become the whooping-cough of the partisans since last season. "

Edited by beliveau1

YES! :hlogo:

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I second your enthusiasm as he is the type of player the HAbs need. Energy guys like him, Begin and Higgins are not easy to find as they bring their game every night. (OK I am jumping the gun with Lats, but he has that style).

I like Gainey's thinking of boosting offense and Latendresse should help on the PP in front of the net and add some limited punch to a third line. I don't know about everyone else here, I am excited to see Montreal could field 3 competetive lines that can score. I expect Mr. Plekanec to be a much better player this year as he was very impressive last year.

I'm happy for Latendresse, although I had thought Kostsitsyn would be the one to start the season with the Habs. Gui can be a good player for the Habs, but I'd like to remind everyone that the last 19 year old to start with the Habs was Mike Ribeiro. I hope Latendresse has the maturity to handle playing professional hockey. Otherwise, he could turn into a longer term project that will take 4-5 seasons before he can live up to his potential.

Great...but the league maximum for the rookie is surprising.

from Sportsnet:

"Sportsnet has learned Latendresse has signed a three-year deal for the rookie maximum. It's believed this is the first time a second round draft pick has signed for the rookie max."

Bertuzzi

and I'm being serious

Excellent. Bert did cross my mind.

On another note. TSN is once again asleep at the switch. One of the most important signing the Habs have made in a long time and TSN is still in freakin' bed

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

In other news, O'Bryne and Benoit has been cut. No mention of Kost or Downey tough.

Now TSN confirms it too:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179236&hubname=

I liked Carbo's comments: "They did what they had to do. They've played well right from the start of training camp."

Now TSN confirms it too:

I liked Carbo's comments: "They did what they had to do. They've played well right from the start of training camp."

just from reading that it sounds like Kostitsyn is staying too...

zhog, latendresse and Kostitsyn? How do you make that work. You already have Perezhogin sitting in the press box most nights.

I had to prognosticate on such things, but you have to imagine there is a F for D swap at some point soon.

I hipe this doesnt mean we're loosing Perezhogin. Waive Downey instead...

I'd be surprised if he isn't back in the QMJHL in a few weeks time.

be surprised right away man, Carbo said that if Lats stays (and it's confirmed now) it's for the whole frikkin season... not just a taste of it, the whole deal.

I hipe this doesnt mean we're loosing Perezhogin. Waive Downey instead...

LOL of course dude, don't wet your pants, if Perez goes, it's through a trade, IMO, he has even more value than Balej had a couple of years ago.

Now TSN confirms it too:

Yup the choice of the word "they" certainly suggests that Lats and #### both are staying and one of the grinders is going to the Dogs (borderline if they can clear waivers) and/or we'll see a trade.

Anyway GREAT news IMO keeping Lats!