Latendresse Stays In Montréal!

Jean

I think one of the biggest things Gui will bring to this team is a presence in front of the net on the power play, a la Ryan Smyth. Kovy is big, but normally isn't a real physical player. (Yes, I do remember his hit on Tucker, but that is the exception to the rule.) He has great size and physicality to take a beating in front of the net and cause havoc to opposing goalies.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup the choice of the word "they" certainly suggests that Lats and #### both are staying and one of the grinders is going to the Dogs (borderline if they can clear waivers) and/or we'll see a trade.

Anyway GREAT news IMO keeping Lats!

Fact that Philly and TO didn't keep their bruisers is a big incentive to shed Downey away

Murray HAS to stay. After his performance last season, I can't believe that's in doubt. He's Mike Keane with size. Downey, meh.

Under the cap system, teams have to bite the bullet sometimes and commit to young players without being sure of them. Otherwise you have them either riding the pine (terrible for their development) or lose them on waivers when you try to send them down (c.f. Hainsey). If the Habs still believe in Perezhogin, and also in Kostityn and Latendresse, then they should make a trade to open up roster room to allow these players to have decent ice time even if it's only on the fourth line. Better that than lose them or ruin them.

Hell yea, finallyyyyy. I really didnt think the Habbies would splurge and let him play this year... but i'm happy they didn. Can't wait to see him in there.

If hes performing well, i think i'll probably buy a Lats jersey.

I think one of the biggest things Gui will bring to this team is a presence in front of the net on the power play, a la Ryan Smyth. Kovy is big, but normally isn't a real physical player. (Yes, I do remember his hit on Tucker, but that is the exception to the rule.) He has great size and physicality to take a beating in front of the net and cause havoc to opposing goalies.

Mr. Puck, thankyou for that beautiful memory of Tucker and his face plant on Kovalevs shoulder. It was a priceless thing and I cannot wait for Tucker to be introduced to the Habs steamroller Lantendresse or a reunion with K-Rex this year

Very happy. I'm sure Gui will bring a lot to the team this year if he remains healthy. I expect very good things from him, and he will help make the Canadien's a dangerous offensive lot.

My only concern now is our porous and debilitated defense. But if Sourey is better, then we will have the best team on paper in years to start the season!

:king: YEEEEEAAAAHHH ! :king:

I'm excited about this ... hopefully he can really help the powerplay .... although if he and Kotsy stay then the Habs are going to have a really young team. But that's ok ... but i'm smelling some type of trade or waiver action happening. Kotsy will probably at some point be sent to hamilton ... just so he can get some top line minutes.

Edited by CaliHabsFan

This is great!

Not just Tender signing and staying with the Habs, but this might be the first post in a long time where everyone is actually excited and optomistic.

Nice to see and overdue on both fronts!

:hlogo:

allow these players to have decent ice time even if it's only on the fourth line.

They may make a trade, but injuries to starters make available playing time an inevitability. I was looking at number of games played over the past couple of seasons, and ignoring the 12 forwards with the most playing time (in theory, the starters), about 120 and 160 games were played by the bench guys. That's a full season of games for two guys or a reasonable number of games for 3 guys.

Sucks for Kotsy ... but he's gunna be able to light it up in the AHL ... he'll get called up quick :)

Him and Grabs will develop some chemistry and be ready to tear it UP later!

No doubt that this decision wasn't an easy one. They have to make a commitment to a player whose type of game they need but on the other hand is still immature....in a few ways.

All in all, I'm happy they went that way. Hungry young players is always good. Guys who are willing to sit in the press box at times is good. Remember, in the golden days of the 70's dynasty, Bowman had players in the press box every game. Helped in motivation and learning but he could also pick and choose his lineup based on who they were playing.

:hlogo: Good luck GUI! :hlogo:

AHHH Where have I been all morning??!!

Oh well... Its great news, but Id wouldve liked to have seen Kosty stay too.

GOOOO HABBBBS GOOOO!!!!!

:hlogo:

aebicher was not with the height ??!!! :lol:

great move, I'm glad he stays. he fully deserves it and he showed he can handle pressure.

i,m a bit sad of seeing kostitsyn leave but i'm sure he'll be back quite soon.

i hope the expectations are not to high and people won't be dissapointed. He's still a teenager, with probably mistakes and stuff. I hope everybody keeps supporting him. Sure he deserves it, but he's young!

I cant wait how it will look like!

well the poll on canadiens.com has most people picking him to score 30-39pts this year... not too wild.

i hope the expectations are not to high and people won't be dissapointed. He's still a teenager, with probably mistakes and stuff. I hope everybody keeps supporting him. Sure he deserves it, but he's young!

I cant wait how it will look like!

Oh he'll be just fine. Its the french and in general Quebec media who I'm worried about. People are calling him the next Lafluer. The media needs to stop it. They are only going to put things in the guys head and have way too high of expectations. There are many examples of this in sports. The best one I can think of is JD Drew. He was called the next Mantle. He crumbled under all the pressure. The media needs to stop what its saying to the poor kid or he'll end up as a Rick Ankiel. (Sorry for the baseball but thats my background and the comparisons really do fit)

well the poll on canadiens.com has most people picking him to score 30-39pts this year... not too wild.

I think he should have the around 10-15 goals maybe 20 assists

Oh he'll be just fine. Its the french and in general Quebec media who I'm worried about. People are calling him the next Lafluer. The media needs to stop it. They are only going to put things in the guys head and have way too high of expectations. There are many examples of this in sports. The best one I can think of is JD Drew. He was called the next Mantle. He crumbled under all the pressure. The media needs to stop what its saying to the poor kid or he'll end up as a Rick Ankiel. (Sorry for the baseball but thats my background and the comparisons really do fit)

Hopefully Carbo , Jarvis, BG and captian K can keep Guy grounded and teach him how to deal with the media and keep him as humble as possible :)