"I Can Stop Lying Now" - Carbonneau

KoZed

LOL I dont work the graveyard shift anymore. Thank God.

When I used to do it, I'd drink about 6 cups... before going to work, were I'd drink 2 silex... minimum.

No wonder I went through withdrawal when I tried to stop drinking coffee. Worse than trying to stop smoking, seriously.

I'm with ya on that one

I quit smoking so easily. just crashed my pack of smokes and that was it. I smoked 2 cigs in 7 years I guess I'm not so bad.

I tried to quit coffee. JUST GET OUT OF f'ING FACE OR 'ILL KILL YA.

I don't remember the last time I spent a day without having a cup of Joe

What about "Glonass" ?

(search "GL84" on google)

Hmmm.. sounds too much like Gonads. I doubt Gui will change his #, its 84 on the Habs website.

:hlogo:

I still don't understand the 'lying' comment.

I've never seen any hints of 'lying' on Carbonneau's part.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

first line:

«Je vais pouvoir arrêter de mentir et commencer à coacher»

-Guy Carbonneau

i read that as Carbo saying that he had decided earlier in camp to keep latendresse but was denying it until Gui signed the contract.

The "Big Brother" thing is a waaay too deep for a hockey nick name, no?

I understand the subtle nature but come on.

Le Gros Bill

Boom Boom

The Rocket

Pocket Rocket

Big Bird

St Patrick

The Stratford Streak

Classic names all.

Other "potential" names from past literary brilliance that failed.

Marcel "the Hobbit " Dionne (granted the little beaver wasn't much better)

Newsey "Nevermore" Lalonde

Etc etc..

I know I'm just making fun now, but if a post has more " I don't get the relevance to big brother" posts in it then actual hockey talk, it isn't something that works.

Edited by Habitforming

I know I'm just making fun now, but if a post has more " I don't get the relevance to big brother" posts in it then actual hockey talk, it isn't something that works.

Only simonus didnt get the reference, probably because he was on a jersey number tangent, not a nickname tangent.

Besides... Larry Robinson was nicknamed Big Bird... dont tell me there wasn't anyone out there who didnt know the Sesame Street reference!

Only simonus didnt get the reference, probably because he was on a jersey number tangent, not a nickname tangent.

Besides... Larry Robinson was nicknamed Big Bird... dont tell me there wasn't anyone out there who didnt know the Sesame Street reference!

Sesame street is/was as known as Tim Horton's coffee in Canada; And for the record the man looked like a bird.

1984 is not even close to the same recognition. It took me a while to clue in and I have read and reported on it in school multiple times.

All I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with simplicity. Not everything has to have hidden meanings.

Boom Boom was nicknamed that because of the sound of the puck bouncing of the boards and then off his stick when he invented the onetimer during/after practice.

Besides the fans at the phone booth have already christened him the new "Gui! Gui! Gui! Gui!"

Sesame street is/was as known as Tim Horton's coffee in Canada; And for the record the man looked like a bird.

1984 is not even close to the same recognition. It took me a while to clue in and I have read and reported on it in school multiple times.

Damn, Sesame Street coffee at Tim Horton? Talk about obscure reference! And... Robinson looks like a bird? Sorry, never saw a big with a mustache yet... :P He looked like the Big Bird character because he was tall and had a big afro!

1984 not close to same recognition? Its one of the biggest literary classic of modern times. They made a reality TV show out of it. How much more pop-penetration can you get?

All I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with simplicity. Not everything has to have hidden meanings.

Boom Boom was nicknamed that because of the sound of the puck bouncing of the boards and then off his stick when he invented the onetimer during/after practice.

Besides the fans at the phone booth have already christened him the new "Gui! Gui! Gui! Gui!"

Not everything has to be dumb either. 84 & Big Brother isnt that obscure. There's only so many onomatopoeias around to use as nicknames and shortened names are as unoriginal as you can get. The Gui chants are just a shortened throwback to Lafleur, not a nickname.

But anyway... I get what you mean... just typical Two Minutes Hate. :P