Who Will Be The New Habs Whipping Boy?

Bacchus

Ok, before it was Brisbois, then it was Theo/Dags/Ribs --- who will be the new whipping boy? Or will peace finally be restored to the Habs universe?

If peace is not restored, I think that the new whipping boy will be either Streit, Niiminan, or Bonk.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perezhogin? Don't know a whole lot about him.

A goat by its definition I think is someone with a bunch of potential that people just keep waiting for that never materializes. And someone who beyond reason keeps screwing up and stays on the team.

Therefore I say it will be someone with huge potential because he'll have expectantions that are never going to be reached or a goalie because well thats the easy one.

Just look at habs fans track record and its pretty easy to see who's next. Its either a goalie or a scorer that everyone thought would be a scorer.

Him? He's a newbie. Unless he's a complete failure then yeah I can see it but its his first year. You're usually give a reprieve.

It's Montreal you know.. hehe

Montreal fans see easilly who gives the effort and which players aren't. It doesn't take long and you can't play a week and go unnoticed. It's not like St Louis where you can suck for 2 years and go unnoticed because nobody cares.

It's Montreal you know.. hehe

Montreal fans see easilly who gives the effort and which players aren't. It doesn't take long and you can't play a week and go unnoticed. It's not like St Louis where you can suck for 2 years and go unnoticed because nobody cares.

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Nice dig at the Lou. LOL its more like a decade before some even utters your name. lol. I've seen three hockey players eating lunch at a Panera Bread Co. here (upscale sandwich place think Starbucks with a huge menu of sandwhich on funky breads) and nobody came up to them, nobody even asked for an autograph. I felt sorry for them. Even the local media people get noticed more then hockey players. Heck Chris Pronger could have been seen every morning running on this one local street. Saint Louis is the place for hockey players if they don't want to get noticed.

Its the witness protection program in the NHL.

Edited by Pierre the Great

Perezhogin? Don't know a whole lot about him.

A goat by its definition I think is someone with a bunch of potential that people just keep waiting for that never materializes. And someone who beyond reason keeps screwing up and stays on the team.

Therefore I say it will be someone with huge potential because he'll have expectantions that are never going to be reached or a goalie because well thats the easy one.

Just look at habs fans track record and its pretty easy to see who's next. Its either a goalie or a scorer that everyone thought would be a scorer.

I don't think they need huge potential. Dags was a whipping boy for a while, and he never had huge potential. But yeah, it is even more pronounced when expectations are high.

Checked out the definition of whipping boy and I found its origins, which are quite interesting:

whipping boy noun a person who is blamed or punished for the faults or incompetence of others. ORIGIN extended use of the original term (mid 17th cent.) denoting a boy educated with a young prince or other royal person and punished instead of him.

Samsonov is a very good possibility. He won't be compared with himself, but with who we really wanted which was Shanahan.

Ah we'll see as they say on that one soap opera "with time of the hour glass" days of our lives I think. lol.

Samsonov makes sense. But if Huet has a bad stretch its going to be him. People expect DEMAND what he did during the season last year or Help Wanted posters will be seen on St. Catherines and on the Metro.

Lol!

:hlogo:

It is I swear. Curtis Joseph lived down the street from me. LOL and nobody knew until he left the team. Talk about bizarro :blink: Drove by his house a million times when he was living there. Nobody knew until he put the house up for sale, thats when everyone goes and sees homes around here then everyone was like oh thats that hockey player, right?

Downey seems to be the media whipping boy. Same goes for Bonk, Souray and Kovalev.

As far as who the fans would wip? Well, I find it kind of hard to guess since in theory everyone on the team right now is a hard working player and let's hope things keep going that way.

sadly enough it'll be koivu because..you know what( I don't to open another debate here)

maybe rivet will get the whip. he was a fan 'favourite' at one time

how about we blame Justin Williams for everything?

I'm with you JLP. I don't understand why Habs fans need to attack current MTL players? ! I have a simple rule: if he plays for MTL, I like him. When a player leaves MTL that usually changes.

Everything that goes wrong this year: Its Justin William's fault, the scumbag.

how about we blame Justin Williams for everything?

Agreed.

And not just hockey related stuff... It's that %^&$&'s fault I'm not rich!

ps - I was happy to hear that Willaims had hurt his GROIN...

I think we're forgetting the obvious here, the goat in Montreal is always a French Canadian. So with that said I think Lats could have problems this year, because they seem to be rushing him along.

As for who I think SHOULD be the whipping boy, Bonk, if for nothing else besides his salary, but if we Huet doesn't shine he will begin to take a lot of heat as well.