Who Will Be The New Habs Whipping Boy?

Bacchus

After listening to the first game, I think it will be Rivet. He always gets blamed for a lot of blunders, and I think he lacks the skills for the new NHL. Heart, he has heart; but heart gets you very little in some circles in Montreal.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souray and Rivet both deserve to be whipping boys. Carbonneau deserves some whipping himself.

Atleast Souray helped contribute to the first Montreal goal on the powerplay.

But the 3rd and 4th goals were absolutley pathetic for Rivet and Souray. I blame both of them for not watching Brier closely and Brier waltzing right between them for that 3rd goal. Both of them standing around with their thumbs up their asses on the 4th goal.

And mostly I blame Carbonneay for continuing to put them out there when Buffalo was walking around them the whole night. Why play them together? Put Rivet on the 3rd pairing and move Niinima or Dandenault who can skate on the 2nd pairing. The three of those idiots cost us two points tonight

Souray and Rivet both deserve to be whipping boys. Carbonneau deserves some whipping himself.

Atleast Souray helped contribute to the first Montreal goal on the powerplay.

But the 3rd and 4th goals were absolutley pathetic for Rivet and Souray. I blame both of them for not watching Brier closely and Brier waltzing right between them for that 3rd goal. Both of them standing around with their thumbs up their asses on the 4th goal.

And mostly I blame Carbonneay for continuing to put them out there when Buffalo was walking around them the whole night. Why play them together? Put Rivet on the 3rd pairing and move Niinima or Dandenault who can skate on the 2nd pairing. The three of those idiots cost us two points tonight

I remember this problem last year too. We have three mobile guys and three "stay-at-home" guys. Why don't we pair them up so we have balanced pairings? That's what I did in my line predictions.

Did you just called Carbo an idiot?

:o:o:o:o

Your damn right I did. It was quite clear to most people in that building that Souray and Rivet should not have been playing together. The Brier goal was horrible. The fact that Carbonneau didn't break them up after that is a travesty. Thats not just being a green coach, thats just being stupid. And then he has them out their for the 4th goal, where both those moron's just stood around and watched the Buffalo guys play with the puck and whack it home.

They looked terrible on that last late powerplay. Markov comes out and things settle down.

Carbonneau is an idiot if he keeps those two together

Carbonneau is an idiot if he keeps those two together

Carbo probably forgot more about hockey than what all of us on HW put together will ever know. So if he's an idiot, imagine what that makes you...

Sure you don't want to take that comment back and replace it with something a little more sensible?

Hi there, long time Habs' fan. Caught the game tonight and I got to say that I'm not a Samsonov fan. Besides the fact that he used to be a Bruin (yuck!), he was bloody awful for the Oilers in last years final. I couldn't believe how ineffective he was out there against the Canes. He really stood out as being crappy because so many of his team-mates were playing so well. O.k. so he gets in Montreal and it looks like he starting where he left off for the Oil. Invisible in the preseason and he was horrible tonight against the Sabres. He looked awful out there and managed to be a -2. For the money he is getting we would have probably been better off sticking with Zednik for much cheaper. If anything Zednik is just as good or better and more economical. And with alll the injuries Samsonov has suffered I think his best is behind him. So anyway that's my story....unless Samsonov starts playing a whole lot better than he has been for the past few seasons, I'm going to be on him like white on rice :angry::D :hlogo:

Samsonov showed on the "lazy russian" style tonight. He did made 1 or 2 good plays, cycling around the sabres zone (like Kovalev). He wasn't physically a factor in the game, but we don't expect that. Kovalev and Samsonov are profesionals, they'll find the way to perform well and adjust to each others. So far we only saw 2 lazy guys doing their individual show while Plekanec was doing his max to perform at the "star level" expected from him. Tonight he was the only star on that line. Saturday (tonight!!) they'll score few goals on Raycrap.. let's hope!

I'll take Souray again. Man oh man, what part of the phrase "clear the puck" doesn't he understand?

Really, trade him for anyone - I'd take Brisebois back if need be!

FIRE SOURAY! Literally. Pour some oil on him, and get a lighter.

And maybe threaten the Russians with some Chinese water torture if they ever fail to backcheck again.

Ooh, and maybe do a 'Mighty Ducks' with Huet, tie his arms to the top of the net for a game. His legs are fast enough, he could kick the pucks away with no difficulty.

And then get rid of Carbonneau, it's obvious he has no control of this team :D

Kidding. Just don't lose to the Leafs tomorrow. I couldn't take that.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

give the guy a break. he'll never be an 80 pts player but if he he's around 55, I'll be more than happy.

by the way, everybody knew what we were in for when bob signed sergei. that's exactly what we got.

Easy there big fella, be careful what you wish for... :wacko:

yeah, he might come back..everybody hide :ninja:

yeah, he might come back..everybody hide :ninja:

Just get NHL Centre Ice and see for yourself... watch Avs with both BREEZEBY and THE-ODOR... on every game... very very PAINFUL... and you wonder why Pierre wanted to go up to a VP job and not be the GM anymore... he made a break for it!!!

Just get NHL Centre Ice and see for yourself... watch Avs with both BREEZEBY and THE-ODOR... on every game... very very PAINFUL... and you wonder why Pierre wanted to go up to a VP job and not be the GM anymore... he made a break for it!!!

THE_ODOR :lool:

from what I heard from a close friend lacroix is that he might be seriously ill...hope not.

The guys on The Score had a very interesting take on Samsonov. One of their analysts coached Samsonov when he came over and played in Detroit with the IHL's Vipers. He said the reason Samsonov will never score 30 goals is because he doesn't shoot, and then he showed four rushes where Samsonov was in great shooting positions, but either passed off to a teammate or just curled and waited for someone. It was an interesting thing to see illustrated.

Carbo probably forgot more about hockey than what all of us on HW put together will ever know. So if he's an idiot, imagine what that makes you...

Sure you don't want to take that comment back and replace it with something a little more sensible?

Well quite obviously you didn't watch the game last night or your an idiot, or most likely both. And well I have no more time for you other than these two sentences.

No whipping boy for me, this team rules. :)