Who Will Be The New Habs Whipping Boy?

Bacchus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys on The Score had a very interesting take on Samsonov. One of their analysts coached Samsonov when he came over and played in Detroit with the IHL's Vipers. He said the reason Samsonov will never score 30 goals is because he doesn't shoot, and then he showed four rushes where Samsonov was in great shooting positions, but either passed off to a teammate or just curled and waited for someone. It was an interesting thing to see illustrated.

Well, yes that's always been his style. Same for Ales Hemsky of Edmonton - 2 amazingly talented playmakers but they're scared to take a shot of their own.

In my opinion, i was impressed with samsonov, he was so fast!!!!!, there was a couple plays in the offensive zone where he was allover the ice

I was impressed with Sammy also! He was the first one to backcheck on that line as well!

He was incredibly fast, and made some very nice passes to set up scoring chances.

I don't agree with you so far, "dumpSamsonov"

Forgive me for being so direct...but shame on all of you who feel the need for a "whipping boy".

I'll just be over here sending out positive vibes to counter your negativity!

psst...the universe is listening...

All "idiot" talk aside...as I said in the "Samsonov whipping boy" thread (sort of), shame on all of you negative whiners.

From my perspective, it's a team game, and I cheer for the Montreal Canadiens, no need for "whipping boys". That's not to say there won't be/aren't players who make my head explode, but I won't wish ill of or for them.

That's just asking for trouble...

p.s. It's game 1 of an 82 game schedule...just in case you didn't know...

Instead of people bashing players and jumping on and off band wagons, why don't you guys just say the Habs played a great game against a very good team. The whole team played well and I for one hope they can play like at every game.

The thing with Samsonov is he has sucked for the last couple of seasons and I have doubts he's going to get better soon. Seriously, did any of you catch the final last year? It was embarassing how bad he looked against the Canes. I remember specifically saying to someone that I couldn't believe how bad he had gotten after a few good years in bean town. He looked like a pee-wee playing against men. I was feeling bad for him and I was thaking God he wasn't a habs and then wouldn't you know it he ends up on our team :puke: I don't like his style in the least and to me I don't see any improvement over Zednik in play or points total. Zednik was frustrating to watch because he held on to the puck to long just like Samsonov but at least Zednik would get a shot off which Samsonov seems incapable of doing. And Zednik was much harder to knock off the puck. Hit ole Sergei with a fly swatter and the puck is yours. All this said I do hope the guy proves me wrong and he can retain his form from his early years with Boston but I have the feeling that Bob should have saved his dough for a better option. I don't think he improved over Zednik but managed to spend more money instead.

Uh, hello... it was ONE game... and I thought JLP and I had already decided this: Justin Williams

Uh, hello... it was ONE game... and I thought JLP and I had already decided this: Justin Williams

Yeah it's one game so imagine how smart I'm going to look 25 games down the road when eveybody else is gonna be screaming to get rid of Samsonov and I can say that I called it way back in Oct. :lol::lol: :king: :king:

Seriously I don't wish the guy bad luck. Of course I want him to do well because his success would mean more success for the team and think we all want that.

MY WHIPPING BOY is going to be the guy in charge of the ice. What crap ice so far this year, hopefully it gets better. Where are those guys determining surface temperature and layer thickness??? grrrr....... :angry::angry:

Edited for Typos, oh those typos that plague me....

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

MY WHIPPING BOY is going to be the guy in charge of the ice. What crap ice so far this year, hopefully it gets better. Where are those guys determining surface temperature and layer thickness??? grrrr....... :angry::angry:

bring me that master card guy. He's da MANN

I don't like his style in the least and to me I don't see any improvement over Zednik in play or points total.

... Points total? Now?

Seriously what is with this need to make points and score so early on? If they're going all out so early what the hell is going to happen in the middle? I don't want the team to run out of juice and just die.

Hemsky's been criticized of not shooting the puck but he's been appreciated because of his contribution to the team. Likewise with Samsonov when he was with the Oilers - he helped these guys make it to the playoffs. He actually made some great plays in the playoffs in certain games. Sure he wasn't a total hero every single second but I'd take him over a floater.

And I doubt his lack of production isn't from lack of trying. How many games has he played in the regular season with the same linemates? Oh yeah, 2. I'm sure other players in other teams aren't exactly getting points like skittles.

you know, this thread was started to talk about which player hab fans would unfairly target. Now it has become a place to unfairly target that player.

This site is not and will not be about indescriminate groussing and bile.

Thread Closed.