HW Poll (Re : All-Stars)

puck7x

I agree about Brodeur. How many shots a game does he face? 15? Theodore is having the better season so far.

As far as Ribs making it, i doubt he would even if he deserved it. He is making a late charge though, so i guess it could happen.

When do they announce the reserves anyway? Is it Thursday?

So the other day I decided to start the poll about how many All-Stars the habs would have... So far easy winner is "2" .....

But which 2? The obvious choices are Souray and Theodore. I think those two guys are locks for the game.

Souray is 2nd in the conference for d-men points (Behind Gonchar) , and Stevens and Niedermayer have already been voted in. Souray leads ALL d-men in goals... He's pretty much a lock.

Theodore has awesome stats...

19-14-5 , 2.01 , .929 , 5so

His GAA is 4th among goalies who have played 20 or more games , he has the 2nd most wins. And his SV% is 3rd among goalies who have played 20 or more games... Also he's 2nd in Shutouts...

Lets compare his numbers to Martin Brodeur

Brodeur : 20-12-9 , 1.89 , .921 , 9so

Theodore : 19-14-5 , 2.01 , .929 , 5so

Why is it that when people are asked who has been the best goalie in the NHL this year that the answer is always "Brodeur by far" ... What a load of crap that is. Theodore has as many wins (-1) as Martin , a comparable GAA (Keep in mind that Jose doesnt play on the DEVILS!) , and a better SV% ... Theodore is having a better season then his hart winning one , if he doesnt make the All-Star team , then something is wrong... Not that I really give a damn about the game itself , its more about our players getting deserved credit.

Also... I want to mention one darkhorse for the All-Star game... Mike Ribeiro. He's 10th in NHL centre scoring , 5th among eastern centres. And 25 overall league wide scoring for everyone.

He's a longshot because he doesnt have the "name-value" as a Roenick. But he could make it... Do you think the NHL will pick JR for the game after his comments?

[Edited on 2004-1-18 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Quebecois

I agree about Brodeur. How many shots a game does he face? 15? Theodore is having the better season so far.  

As far as Ribs making it, i doubt he would even if he deserved it. He is making a late charge though, so i guess it could happen.  

When do they announce the reserves anyway? Is it Thursday?

Yeah its this Thursday , I think TSN release the names on-air.

Ribeiro is on fire! He has 9 points in his last 4 games. And if you want consistantcy... He's got 19 points in his past 15 games... The guy is a point per game player , at least he can be. Remember that this is Mike's first real shot at being the #2 centre for a FULL season. He's taking advantage , and will only get better. Its nice to know that the habs have 2 point per game players , or at least players CAPABLE of getting a point per game in the lineup (Koivu , Ribeiro)

even though my fav player on the habs is ribeiro.. i dont thnk he belongs on the all star game just yet .. a littl bit to inconstitent although he is hot right if you take that awaY then hes not a point a game player!!!

:hlogo:4life

Yup. Souray and Theodore will make it. Pretty sure.

I would be surprised if Ribeiro, Zednik, Ryder or Koivu made it.

But Saku Koivu could get a "Dale Hunter-wild-card-invitation" for his battle against cancer and dedication to the game.

But it's very hypotetic.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Yup. Souray and Theodore will make it. Pretty sure.

I would be surprised if Ribeiro, Zednik, Ryder or Koivu made it.

But Saku Koivu could get a "Dale Hunter-wild-card-invitation" for his battle against cancer and dedication to the game.

But it's very hypotetic.

I think Saku could get invited too, but that's only because he was invited last year but couldn't go because of a medical visit to check up his cancer.

So I think it would be a nice gesture by the NHL to invite him, he's definitely All-Star material.

And as you said puck, Theo and Souray should be locks!

I don't know if I agree.

Ryder is a verry good hockey-player but I don't think he's qualified for an All-star game.

But if he doesn't get to play in the rookie game he just might get a spot from a Habs loving All-star-game-picker...

But I don't see it happen. Ryders time will come. But it might not be this year. But in three or two maybe.