Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Buffalo | 10/06/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed with the Canadiens. It's obvious that Carbonneau and the players need to adjust on some things. I'm happy though, because it's nothing that can't be solved before we take on those blew and white guys :P

Very Happy

PS. Sammy, SHOOT MORE!

:hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

2nd Period Observations.

Almost a flip-flop of the first period. Some end to end stuff, the teams swapping goals (stupid g/f). Higgins/Koivu are playing really strong. The Habs turned it on after a great penalty kill, killing 1:23 of a 2 man advantage, and then another 2:20ish of Koivu's penalty. The Habs top two lines with a lot of pressure to end that period. Nice chip in by Komisarek, and a nice sweeping pass by Plekanec into Kovalev on what should have been a goal. Kovalev looked like he "expected" to score on that little in/out move on the top of the crease. Huet has looked solid, as have the posts. Souray and Markov are getting shots through, not much in terms of offense from the other dmen (granted, those two ARE the guys expected to shoot from the point). Markov having a very solid game, that's looking like a very solid top pairing.

Habs didn't play giveaway quite like they did in the first. A solid way to end the 2nd, hopefully they can build off that huge PK, followed by the nice Koivu goal and get a quick one. One thing, though...the Sabres puck movement has been very quick (with the Habs running around at times). I don't count them out of it by far. It seems like they could pot a few very quickly.

reviews on niinimaa from the tv people?

Doesn't quite look comfortable yet... But you can tell he's got a good head on his shoulders, and he's fast!

Good Morning Friends!

3-2 I see by reading through ALL the posts, Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!

(I caint git the CJAD feed to work anyone else having that problem?)