Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Buffalo | 10/06/06

Spider-Man NL

I have to agree with the last two posters. I for one am not so concerned. If this was a loss to a less talented team, I'd feel different.

That felt like a playoff game rather than our 1st game of the season. I had to laugh at many of your predictions going into Buffalo with the Habs winning by 2, 3 or 4 goals. This is in fact a tough place to play and yeah there were mental breakdowns, but looking on the bright side is a lot more tantalizing.

Defensive errors, poor decisions, silly mistakes these are all part of the process. If you watched the game, you know that Briere's goal is what killed us in the end, the momentum shifted and all of the emotion seemed to shift as well over to the Sabres. Prior to that the Habs were all over them. But emotion and momentum is powerful stuff.

At the end of the day, I am still happy with the point, and of course, I hate to see these guys lose any game, pre, regular or post-season, but I cannot say that I am less hopeful than I was yesterday before the game.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Lats didn't look good at all. He couldn't hit anyone because they dished the puck away before he could get anywhere near them. He's just too slow. But I think he could be a real asset on the powerplay. And he seems like the kind of player that would play better at the Bell Center with all the fans cheering for him.

LMAO, you didn't watch the same game as I did.

Latendresse was SMART out there NOT to get overexcited and go make the BIG HIT as you wanted him to do... cause if he had done it, he'd have gotten himself OUT OF POSITION. He did all the right things yesterday. And although he was right in front of the net when a goal was scored, I see it as a good point: he was right in front of the net, instead of waiting at the blueline -> willingness to backcheck. I can't blame him on that goal, it was an awesome piece of art by Vanek... it had to get in. :P

LMAO, you didn't watch the same game as I did.

Latendresse was SMART out there NOT to get overexcited and go make the BIG HIT as you wanted him to do... cause if he had done it, he'd have gotten himself OUT OF POSITION. He did all the right things yesterday. And although he was right in front of the net when a goal was scored, I see it as a good point: he was right in front of the net, instead of waiting at the blueline -> willingness to backcheck. I can't blame him on that goal, it was an awesome piece of art by Vanek... it had to get in. :P

I agree i think Lats played well, He tried getting abit dekey (stickhandely), He was trying to deke abit to much

I only saw the third period, but according that I thought:

Rivet, Bonk, Kovalev, and Perezhogin didn't play well

Koivu, Higgins, Samsonov, Komisarek, Plekanec, and Huet OWNED

Edited by les_glorieux

Koivu, Higgins, Samsonov, Komisarek, Plekanec, and Huet OWNED

komisarek played one of his best games in a habs jersey. he made things happened. no major flaws..just solid D

one downside: he stole kovalev'S puck in OT

komisarek played one of his best games in a habs jersey. he made things happened. no major flaws..just solid D

one downside: he stole kovalev'S puck in OT

YES! I forgot to mention that! What the hell was he thinking? God.

Anyway, does anybody think that the league should outlaw teams (ie Buffalo) from putting numbers on the front of their jerseys?