A Question For Some Of You That Live In Canada

The NJ Devil

high school football is not popular at all but university football does enjoy some popularity. Nothing comparable to hockey but enough to thrive.

I'm not canadian but I have friends in Vancouver. And I think its all about location really. For example my friend's kids don't play hockey, they play football, basketball and baseball. If there's ever a little league team from Canada its always a Vancouver based team.

I think sports are regionalized a bit in Canada.

I think sports are regionalized a bit in Canada.

Non hockey sports perhaps, but hockey is popular coast to coast.

I can see football becoming more and more popular in years to come. I'm sad that there wasn't an organized football league when I was a kid. I would've been the best damn waterboiy there is.

Non hockey sports perhaps, but hockey is popular coast to coast.

Yeah Hockey will always be number 1 but I can see BC becoming a baseball mecca. I mean those little league kids from Surrey grow up eventually. I expect to see a lot more Jason Bay's.

Plus Steve Nash helps out basketball a lot.

And Hockey is $$$$$$ that turns a lot of parents off.

Yeah Hockey will always be number 1 but I can see BC becoming a baseball mecca. I mean those little league kids from Surrey grow up eventually. I expect to see a lot more Jason Bay's.

Plus Steve Nash helps out basketball a lot.

And Hockey is $$$$$$ that turns a lot of parents off.

soccers the name. buy some cleets and shin( or chin??) pads and of you go.

High School football is huge here in Calgary, have three divisions. University on the other hand sucks. No one cares and the Dinos are never any good. Football is a big sport in Calgary, it's well known we love our Stamps.

Highschool football is big in triple A schools here but Im not sure if there is a double A or single A league... never was for me when I was in highschool.

:hlogo:

Yeah and I don't want to turn it into a racial thing but my asian friends in Vancouver don't have there kids in hockey. They say its too expensive and they don't have the time. I'll let you decide on what to think but I hope hockey doesn't become the lacrosse of Canada. Something only white people do.

Edited by Pierre the Great

you see more and more african american players in the league. this should set an example for their peers. ditto the native with guys like cheechoo and tootoo

in quebec... there is highschool (not much) and college football that leads to university football (which is much more popular)

i'm a CARABINS' fan from l'Université de Montréal (i used to go to HEC, which is like affiliate to Université de Montréal) and i used to have class with some of them so i started to follow them...

one of the main reason also is that in Québec city, there's Rouge & Or de l'Université Laval, which is a GREAT team years after years and rated #1 in Canada University Football League years after years... and with that in mind... we (Université de Montréal) just *hate* them due to the *Québec / Montréal* rivality ;) so that's why i'm supporting my team that much! they r playing this afternoon :P and of course, i have season tickets hehe~

i think what is cool with *school* teams, is that u *know* the players... u *know* who they r... or u know someone that knows... so u have another vision of them and the team and u enjoy the game differently~

we also have cégep football. well, only the spartiates of vieux montreal win that cup( the bol d'or I think) but I wont complain, it was my school. :clap:

Edited by marky_and_komi

Part of the reason we don't have higher established football is because the NFL delivers. We have strong University followings and the CFL. The NFL is king. Sort of like nature abhors a vacuum

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

in montreal high scholl football is mainly for private schools,

it's more a regional thing in the city

Like the ST-leonard cougars