Habs @ Flyers - Jan. 20th/04

jl.roberts

teamSide.jpg

In Goal...Robert Esche vs. Jose Theodore.

Time: 7:00 ET

Date: Jan. 20/04

TV: RDS, SRC

Radio: CJAD 800, Post-game Team-990

Habs Photos

Player Stats

RDS.ca Lineup News

Preview

Probable Habs Lineup:

The colours signify offensive production as of late; orange being hot, and blue being cold.

38 -- 11 -- 73

20 -- 71 -- 26

37 -- 90 -- 24

17 -- 94 -- 15

44 -- 05

51 -- 43

52 -- 08

Probable Scratches:

25 (healthy), 79 (hip/foot), 22 (shoulder), 46 (concussion).

Key Matchup:

0282.gifvs. 1535.gif

Aim for his back, Dags :-^.

Players to Watch:

28753_2.jpg]http://www.canadiens.com/_static/webUpload...753_2.jpg[/img][/url]

<B>#71 Ribeiro</B> - He'll make you look sooo bad.

1074533841-Dagenais---5.jpg

<B>#26 Dagenais</B> - Scoring goals can go a long way.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a better feeling about tonights game then I did for Saturdays versus the Rangers (And we all know how that turned out... got the tie , but still played like crap)

Not that my feelings mean anything anyways. hehehe

Hope the habs forwards exploit the Flyers D who is missing Desjardins ... He's been their best defender all year.

I wonder if Kilger gets back into the lineup for the game , and at who's expense? It would probably be Perreault who would sit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1713064

Now Hackett and Ragnarsson are out.

All we can hope is that in the morning practice, Leclair gets hit with a waterbottle in the head, thrown from some dark figure hiding in the nosebleed seating section.

Which Habs fan is willing to risk a night in jail for 2 points? Do it for the team!

As longs as Leclair is breathing, we don't stand a chance. This team is LeCursed. I HATE LECLAIR! :wall:

I predict 4-1 win for Flyers - let's just hope I'm dead wrong...still, this is an importat 4-point game.

Flyers is coming of a tough serie with the leafs... maybe they are tired after that and play somewhat unfocused tonight? btw... Leclairs streak has to end sometime.... hopefully tonight...

prediction:

Habs : 4 (dagenais, Sundström, Zednik 2)

Flyers: 1 (Johnsson)

:ghg:

Originally posted by Dalhabs

Flyers have aquíred Danny Markov from the canes for Justin Williams...    now they got another good Dman....

will he play tonight?

I think he will play tonight , since he was in Carolina today preparing to face the sens... Not far to travel up to Philly and play... Plus the Flyers need him badly.

I dont expect him to be a factor in tonights game (At least I hope he wont be) , he needs to get adjusted to the new team , new D partner , etc. Wont have time to practice with them before game.

[Edited on 2004-1-20 by puck7x]

ZEDNIFIED!

8:28 Zednik (16) - Ribeiro, Koivu PP

Nice work by Ryder down behind the goal line in the corner to get the puck to Saku, who sends a perfect pass to Ribeiro. Ribeiro with a nifty little redirect, one touch pass to a wide open Zednik, who lifts the puck by Esche.

1-0 Habs.

Pretty good first by the habs , we dictated the flow of the game and did not let the flyers push us around physically , in fact we were more physical then they were.

Koivu absolutely killed Vandermeer with a hit along the boards , he injured Vandermeers shoulder on it. Vandermeer was a little off-balance , so it was easy for Saku to lay him out the way he did.

Argh!

How do you miss the net on a penalty shot? Thats one of the things you should NEVER do... along with icing the puck on a power-play ...

Would of been nice to go up 2-0... ahh well. We'll survive , I hope.

Very nice looking goal , even nicer looking then the first PP one (and that was sweet) , the PP is really clicking... Right now its playing better then any PP unit in the NHL , its not about talent , its about chemistry and buying into a system , playing as a 5-man unit together.

Ribeiro with 40 points now... I'm telling you guys , he might be selected as an All-Star with these stats.

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

well...as long as we're winning the rest doesn't really matter...

Thats what I say... Dont worry about you teams around you , just take care of your own games and the rest will sort itself out. No point worrying over things we cannot control....

2nd just ended , habs have 2:30 of a 4 minute PP left...

2-0 Habs after 2.

Damnit. All the teams that are ahead of us in the conference are leading. Sens, Leafs and Devils lead by one and Bruins by two...on the other hand the teams behind us will trail even more...

well...as long as we're winning the rest doesn't really matter...

4 min PP for the Canadiens...Come on Zed...give us another two PP goals... :/)