Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Toronto | 10/07/06

Spider-Man NL

Im hoping tonights going to be like the last game we played against them last season! MURDER!!!

go habs go! im looking for another strong performance from koivus line and a lil more from the pleks line!

does anyone know if its aebischer or huet playing tonight?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night the Habs went toe-to-toe with what is definitely the class of the East and appeared to have no problem skating with the Swords. As I watched I could not help but mumble continuously, excitedly and perhaps unintelligibly to anyone listening that this Habs' team is FREAKIN' FAST.

Minus the third period let-down, they nearly beat arguably the best defence, offence and goalie in the East. I mean, who before the game would not have said "yes, I'll take a point versus the Sabres."?

Tonight, I am apprehensive yet excited. Apprehensive because it is the Leafs and losing to the laffs is worse than a kick in the pants accompanied by an eye-gouge. I am most excited, however, because for the first time in a while (well those two beat downs late last season were nice too) I feel like the Canadiens have the superior team and will run roughshod over the Leafs inadequate defence. I mean, come on, when McCabe is supposedly your stud on D...? If I were Maurice I'd only let that waste out on the ice during a Power PLay.

I will not make a prediction but I feel good about tonight's match-up.

To make a long post short: GO HABS GO!!! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I agree, good post.

When Montreal plays Toronto, I get butterflies the minute I wake up in the morning, till the end of the game.

If Montreal loses, I have to return to school to have every damn leafs fan at my school (in toronto, so theres lots) rip on my team, and me haha

Not a fun time...so please...please...Montreal win this!

Im hoping tonights going to be like the last game we played against them last season! MURDER!!!

go habs go! im looking for another strong performance from koivus line and a lil more from the pleks line!

does anyone know if its aebischer or huet playing tonight?

I'm worried about the revenge factor but leefs will have their hands full :D

GO HABS GO

What a Rivet-ing scene as Michael Rydes Her with a lot of Latendresse! But Kovalev's Johnson goes Bonk on her Koivu. Souray about that! We'll have to Bégin all over again!

(Sorry i'm just spewing random nonsense. I need coffee!)

GO HABS GO!

I'm pissed I won't be able to watch the game because my free preview of centre ice won't let me watch channel 1,2,3 and 4. But the other channels are fine. And of course the habs game is on channel 4! GRRRR!

why won't it show those channels?

Mine does...but it will blackout games that are already being broadcasted on regular cable . I.e. the Habs game last was blacked out becasuse it was on TSN.

What a Rivet-ing scene as Michael Rydes Her with a lot of Latendresse! But Kovalev's Johnson goes Bonk on her Koivu. Souray about that! We'll have to Bégin all over again!

GO HABS GO!

COOL ANYWAY :P

GO HABS GO!

keep going Its a markov intelligence

Habs win 5-2 IF the refs do not decide the outcome

No, IF Montreal does not take dumb penalties, why does everyone think refes are against the Habs??? :?-

I believe that Montreal will win this game by a 3-2 close score and Huet will seal the show. What is going to be fun is watching the speedy Habs forwards blow by McCabe and Gill.

Habs win 5-2 IF the refs do not decide the outcome

Johnson (2), Sammy, Dandy, Begin

actually. montreal got a huge break in the 1st period when the ref blew his whistle wayyy too fast on the afinogenov "goal"

actually. montreal got a huge break in the 1st period when the ref blew his whistle wayyy too fast on the afinogenov "goal"

So much goes on in a game that those of us that favor a team over another sometimes do not want to admit to seeing this.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited for Typos oh those typos....

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

MIRACLE!

I fixed my old TV. I'll get to watch the game on CBC tonight, mwhahahahaha YEAAAH!

Automatic Habs win. I'm their lucky charm!

Wow.... they sang part of the anthem in French? In Toronto?!?!

I'm impressed...

MIRACLE!

I fixed my old TV. I'll get to watch the game on CBC tonight, mwhahahahaha YEAAAH!

Automatic Habs win. I'm their lucky charm!

Wow.... they sang part of the anthem in French? In Toronto?!?!

I'm impressed...

Your Avatar is very intimidating....

Hopefully Big Brother does the Big Steamroller over Tucker and Peca!