Ipod Help Please

Just bought an iPod nano. I placed some of my CDs on it, but are there other ways to place music on it? Any ideas, hints?

merci

Mathieu

Yea, download music off Limewire or Ares or whatever program you have.

Then go into Itunes and then go file, then add file to library.

You will then have to go to the folder in which your downloaded music is shared in, and select the songs. (you can hold CTRL to keep songs highlighted while you are going through them, its much easier)

Once you have done selected your songs, go to OK and it will start putting the songs you had highlighted into your library. Once that has finished, go to file, then "update songs on ipod" and it will put hte songs on your ipod

Im not the greatest explainer, i hope this helps.

I'm using a Mac, but I'm guessing iTunes works the same way for PC.

I just import songs to iTunes, connect my iPod with the USB cable, then I just drag the songs to the iPod in the iTunes window. Easy peasy Japanesee.

Not in Canada. It was about to be but then the Liberals were defeated and Bill C-60 died.

Sharing is illegal, not downloading.

I can well understand that the act of downloading is not illegal, but isnt purposeful acquisition of copyrighted material without licensing still illegal, even if done electronically. Certainly burning a copy of another's CD is contraindicated.

Once you've figured it out there's really nothing to it.

Easy peasy jap..? Piece of cake,

thanks doc.

\m/

Huh? Then explain what P2P Networks are? Aren't they sharing?

Downloading itself is obviously not illegal. It's when you download copyrighted material without the consent of the owner that it's illegal.

If someone writes their own song, records it, and puts it on a P2P program, then it is 100% legal to download it. The material isn't copyrighted and was made available by its owner. This is why P2P networks are allowed to keep running. In theory, they are not illegal, since in their user agreement, they absolve themselves of any wrongdoing those using their software might do.

Huh? Then explain what P2P Networks are? Aren't they sharing?

Technically, yeah. Basically what it means is that when you buy a CD and put it on the computer, you aren't allowed to transfer that music to your P2P program and make it allowable for others to download it. Downloading the songs from other people is perfectly fine though.

nothing to do with your problem but if your ipod ever freezes press the centre button and ply together- hold em down for 10 seconds and it re-sets your ipod. to download music just burn a cd on your pc- then open itunes and click file- then add file to library- the find the spong you want on your pc whetehr it be on your c drive or wherever the click open- easy pezee. :P