Aebisher Rocked!

dumpSamsonov

who's carbeou ?? :P

caribou ??

i cant spell doh :lol: anyway here you go this will xplain it :

habs turn to aebischer

scroll down to bottom of page and click on habs turn to aebischer- a video about 1 minute 40 long.

carbeou has said he doesnt have a no1 goalie he has 1a) and 1b) and doesnt want either to go with a two or 3 week period without playing.

That doesn't exlude what I said about Carbo being impressed with Aebisher. Obviously if a goalie is playing well he is going to ride him for a while. That doesn't mean the other one will never play but he might not get as many games. We could see one goalie having a better season and ending with more starts, say 45-50. By playoffs there may be a clear #1 but for now you don't want one guy rotting on the bench. You have to go with the hot hand and presently that belongs to Aebisher.

Yes, yes, Aebishcer is playing amazing, But he gets incredibly out of position, has to make highlight reel saves, and gives off HUGE Rebounds. If you notice Huet doesnt make amazing saves that will be shown in years to come, but Aebischer does, (that a bad thing). If you watch Abby's highlights on YouTube they are truly amazing saves, but he made the amazing save because of a bad rebound or he is out of position

Sorry to kill your Aebicher love fest :(

Yes, yes, Aebishcer is playing amazing, But he gets incredibly out of position, has to make highlight reel saves, and gives off HUGE Rebounds. If you notice Huet doesnt make amazing saves that will be shown in years to come, but Aebischer does, (that a bad thing). If you watch Abby's highlights on YouTube they are truly amazing saves, but he made the amazing save because of a bad rebound or he is out of position

Sorry to kill your Aebicher love fest :(

If you're talking to me then you aren't killing anything ;) I actually kind of agree with you that Aebischer does get out of position and has to come up with amazing saves that Huet makes look rather simple. That being said, Abby is finding a way to make it work so that's alright :D Hey, if nothing else, he's is more entertaining than huet :lol:

If you're talking to me then you aren't killing anything ;) I actually kind of agree with you that Aebischer does get out of position and has to come up with amazing saves that Huet makes look rather simple. That being said, Abby is finding a way to make it work so that's alright :D Hey, if nothing else, he's is more entertaining than huet :lol:

oh no, i wasnt talking to you, i was making a genreal statement that Aebischer isnt perfect, i mean he rocks but, even in the game tonight against Philly he made tons of mistakes, He goes down way to much, even when e has the opurtunity to get up he stays down, I really hate his style cause he reminds me of a really fat short goalie on my team, who thinks im trying to steal his spot (well i am :blush: ) and he just wheres huge padding, and slides from post to post, i dont know :huh: , he just reminds me somehow of him and i hate it !!!!!!!

He goes down way to much, even when e has the opurtunity to get up he stays down, I really hate his style .............

Actually it reminds me a lot of the guy he was traded for. I hated Theo's style because he was always going down too soon and staying down. It's hard watching Abby at times because he shares some of these attributes with Theo but the difference is that Huet is always there in the wings to take his place if he screws up. They didn't have that option when Theo was here (well briefly). The team had to live and die with Theo until Huet got here. Something else about Aebischer is that he is incredibly quick at getting back into position so he doesn't get burnt as much as Theo. Theo went down and that was how he stayed till the puck was either out of the zone or in the net. While it's nerve racking watching both Abby and Theo, I feel a little more at ease with Abby because he recovers a lot better from being out of position. And like I said, there's alway good ole Huet waitng on the bench if need be...it's great have a good 1-2 punch in net :hlogo:

Yeah a 2 goalie system is good but you know that with Danis and Price in the wings one onf these guys is probably gone by the end of next season.

Not a bad idea about changing goalies for shootouts because even though Huet is the better positional goalie, Aebi is more acrobatic and is faster which may serve him better on break aways. Problem is he would have to come in cold with no chance to warm up. I don't know if he'd even be allowed to come in anyway unless Huet was injured.

I've always thought A bull pen for goalies is the future... in fact I even imagined one day that cameras would be placed on Goalies mask so the backup could watch and twitch and react as if he was in net... You know those gaming 3d head sets .... the future who knows!

this way a goalie could be all psyched up when come game time or shootout...

Anyways like I posted before I think Gainey was showing Clarke how good a tandem of goalies we have and at a great price ... come deadline or close to it Abby foR Gagne! YEAH!!

I've always thought A bull pen for goalies is the future... in fact I even imagined one day that cameras would be placed on Goalies mask so the backup could watch and twitch and react as if he was in net... You know those gaming 3d head sets .... the future who knows!

this way a goalie could be all psyched up when come game time or shootout...

Anyways like I posted before I think Gainey was showing Clarke how good a tandem of goalies we have and at a great price ... come deadline or close to it Abby foR Gagne! YEAH!!

abby for gagne that would be awesome is gagne a habs fan?

We need a center, not a left winger.

Abey does seem to be playing very well. Also, I wonder if Huet is a little sore after that shout out save he made in the first game. From reports it seemed like he tweaked something.

We need a center, not a left winger.

Abey does seem to be playing very well. Also, I wonder if Huet is a little sore after that shout out save he made in the first game. From reports it seemed like he tweaked something.

so you wouldnt take gagne? by no means whatsoever? seriously?

Montreal cannot possibly trade Aebischer straight up for Gagne. There isn't enough cap room.

Montreal would have to start dumping other parts as well to make it fit, and thats just ######ing too much with the chemistry of the team.

Montreal cannot possibly trade Aebischer straight up for Gagne. There isn't enough cap room.

Montreal would have to start dumping other parts as well to make it fit, and thats just ######ing too much with the chemistry of the team.

:hockey::hockey::hockey: YEAH BUT WE CAN ALWAYS FANTASISE.

I would rather have abby than Gagne, because what happens when Huet fails? we go to an AHL goalie, not good, I would rather fall back on Aebischer than Danis. Plus Gagne makes 5 million, i dont think its worth it.

An idea for warming up the goalie before he hits the ice, about 20 minutes before shootout, the goalie who will be switched into the shootout or just going into the game, goes into a mini ice rink, "mini", like just a net and some ice. It could be around the locker rooms, they could take some shots, stretch on the ice, and then go out onto the ice :D

I would rather have abby than Gagne, because what happens when Huet fails? we go to an AHL goalie, not good, I would rather fall back on Aebischer than Danis. Plus Gagne makes 5 million, i dont think its worth it.

An idea for warming up the goalie before he hits the ice, about 20 minutes before shootout, the goalie who will be switched into the shootout or just going into the game, goes into a mini ice rink, "mini", like just a net and some ice. It could be around the locker rooms, they could take some shots, stretch on the ice, and then go out onto the ice :D

People, people let's not all get all hyped up on the goalies after only 3 games. It is very good that Aebisher has done very well, but it is still just 2 games. Huet, lost the first game in a shoot-out, that does not make him trade bait. The coach will continue to evaluate and time will tell which of the two will really become the most consistent and reliable. Montreal french speaking radio talk shows are already attacking Huet in favor of Aebisher, typical commentators who think they know more then they really do know. :angry2:

People, people let's not all get all hyped up on the goalies after only 3 games. It is very good that Aebisher has done very well, but it is still just 2 games. Huet, lost the first game in a shoot-out, that does not make him trade bait. The coach will continue to evaluate and time will tell which of the two will really become the most consistent and reliable. Montreal french speaking radio talk shows are already attacking Huet in favor of Aebisher, typical commentators who think they know more then they really do know. :angry2:

ummmmm, why are you qouting me, i never said Huet was trade bait.

and i never said in my post that abby is better then Huet, "It is very good that Aebisher has done very well, but it is still just 2 games" (thib46)

I wasnt judgeing Abby as a first rate goaltender because of two games, i was judgeing him as a first rate goaltender based on his entire career!!!!

SO next time check who you are qouting, please! read and see if you are making sense

Edited by Shu

In this day and age especially in this sport you now need a 1A and 1B goalie. 2 good solid goalies are better then one superstar who could get hurt. (see last years Ottawa team with Hasek).

and we have that i believe its a ll good for the habs i am very optimistic about us this year.