Perreault to the Avs?

Spider-Man NL

http://thefourthperiod.com/col8.html

TheFourthPeriod.com

The possibility of Peter Forsberg out the rest of the season might make Colorado Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix look for insurance on the trade market, reports the Denver Post.

Chicago Blackhawks veteran center Alexei Zhamnov reportedly is being offered around the league, and the Avs could have interest.

Reports in Washington have the Capitals looking to part with scoring leader Robert Lang for the right price, while other speculation suggests the Avalanche may have interest in Montreal’s Yanic Perreault.

LOL....

Perreault as an Avalanche... You just know they'd play him between Selanne and Kariya and Yanic would get 2 points per game , and then everyone would say how the habs got screwed in the trade and should of kept Perreault...

I'd go and shake BG's hand if he could. As much respect for Perreault as there is for the Canadiens, it's the best move we can make.

Once Begin's back, we'll have a glut of centres - and then there's Gratton, who is like a mini-Begin. I'm not sure about the waivers aspect of it all, whether we can demote Gratton without any fuss.

Koivu

Ribeiro

Juneau

Begin

Is fine, with Gratton sitting pretty waiting for an injury. Perreault is unfortunately a waste of salary for us, and a waste of a quality playing time for him.

He might look back in 5 years and say "man, I appreciate all that I was given by the Habs, but I should have got out of there sooner - I had lots more to give to needy teams"

Or he could just retire in the summer, I'm not fussed

First rumors to NJ, then to Colorado - what's next? Philadelphia??? :lol:

Perreault as an Avalanche... You just know they'd play him between Selanne and Kariya and Yanic would get 2 points per game , and then everyone would say how the habs got screwed in the trade and should of kept Perreault...

Yes.

Originally posted by puck7x

LOL....  

Anyone who would say such a thing is just being myopic, IMO. Given the right environment Perreault probably can produce good numbers - but the Northeast is not the right environ for Perreault, IMO. Why should the Habs pay a 4th line centre that kind of money for those kind of minutes? Perreault will be gone and the sooner the better for both him and the Habs.

Don't know if Satan could bring anything to the team that we don't allready posses.

As I see it, Richard Zednik is the same type. And 5.25 million is to much.

If we are going to add players it has to be defensive big guys.

I agree with ch_nl -- why pay a career 0.73 ppg player $5-million when there are players in the Habs system that (hopefully - knock on wood) will produce similar results for 10% the cost.

ASSETS: Has a nose for the net, deadly shooter's touch and loads of deception. Is virtually unstoppable on a breakaway and a major scoring threat on special teams.

FLAWS: Tends to get lazy at times. Doesn't use his size nearly enough. Gets down on himself when not scoring goals.

"while other speculation" means what from whom?

the mailman?

who says Perrault is being considered in Colorado?

The Fourth Period?

who?

and their speculation is considered more important than ours?

please...........

:wall:

I speculate that Calgary and Colorado, instead of fighting over perrault, are going to send Sakic and Iginla to Montreal and will share Perrault's services.

There, it must be true. Ya read it here

Originally posted by Muniac

I speculate that Calgary and Colorado, instead of fighting over perrault, are going to send Sakic and Iginla to Montreal and will share Perrault's services.

Iginla would be useful but what would we do with Sakic and his salary? We've got Begin coming back soon... And with Forsberg still on the mend I don't think Colorado will be looking to downgrade just yet.

Just my 2 dollars but no cents worth.

A couple things...the Habs DO NOT have anyone like Miroslav Satan...the guy is a game breaker. He's having a tough year so far but missed camp and some time early on, I think he's starting to turn the year around. He may be a career .73 points per game guy, or whatever, but the past couple years he was a 70+ points guy. How many of those do we have right now?

Koivu needs a truly skilled winger like Satan...

Perreault, Juneau, Kilger and Dackell all need to be dealt. It'll save $$$ and bring back something of more use then they are.

On a side note: I think the Avs could also really use Dackell. He's a solid checking line RWer and the Avs don't really have that. Imagine if they had Konowalchuk - Nikolishin - Dackell as their 3rd line...that's a pretty solid compliment to their top 2 lines...

Originally posted by habitual_hab
Originally posted by Muniac

Iginla would be useful but what would we do with Sakic and his salary? We've got Begin coming back soon... And with Forsberg still on the mend I don't think Colorado will be looking to downgrade just yet.

Just my 2 dollars but no cents worth.

read it again and think about it

read it again and think about it

I think that it might just be workable if Perreault plays Calgary home games and Colorado away games - or vis versa - unless, of course, they play each other. In that case they'd have to flip for his services. The NHL BoG might go for this sort of salary and service splitting thing but I just don't think the NHLPA will approve of such a trade (whether or not it's in their jurisdiction to approve or disapprove trades is another matter) - this sort of thing might lock up CBA negotiations for months, even years.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Perreault, Juneau, Kilger and Dackell all need to be dealt.  It'll save $$$ and bring back something of more use then they are.

Not meant as hostile or anything just questioning some logic:

As a package or seperately arfe those above players even wanted commodities? Players relegated to fourth line duties, castoffs and delapidated centremen are in high demand? If these guys aren't good enough to play for the .500 Habs then why would they be good enough for a playoff bound team in the WC?

• 3 weeks later...

Satan would be really, really nice alongside koivu and ryder. I would still keep zednik on the 2nd line, as i realised that it would balance things out. If i was gainey, i would seriously take a good look at arnott and o'neill also.

Originally posted by habsfan88

Satan would be really, really nice alongside koivu and ryder.  I would still keep zednik on the 2nd line, as i realised that it would balance things out.  If i was gainey, i would seriously take a good look at arnott and o'neill also.

Well Buffalo is presently on our heels, so a) they won't be dumping anyone and B) they wouldn't give Satan to a division rival.

As for Arnott, as I posted earlier today... he's off hte market now that Dallas is playing well again.

O'Neil is the only one who might be available, but apparently STL is after him in a strong way.

We're only mentionning Smyth because that's the rumor that came out about the Habs during the All-Star break.