Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Philadelphia | 10/11/06

Cataclaw

Is Aebischer being showcased here? Would seem like it considering Huet got the big contract and was basically named the #1 goalie. Or is Huet's knee bothering him still after that Buffalo game? Haven't heard too much on that

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it's nice to have two top goaltenders...

Indeed... I just hope that Huet doesnt feel put out at any time during the season.

:hlogo:

WOW ... Nice game thread Cataclaw ... mad props :D

Hopefully they can just build off that 3rd period in Toronto and take it to those flyers ! :D

Edit: btw CataClaw .. if the habs win this game you have to the game threads until they lose ! :)

Edited by CaliHabsFan

grat thread catclaw. A lot of good info. not to dis spiderman his are great as well but it is nice to have some variety once in a while. It's also great to have 2 good goalies so you change up on a reg basis. Abby may not like it but platooning may be a good answer. 41 games each?

Is Aebischer being showcased here? Would seem like it considering Huet got the big contract and was basically named the #1 goalie. Or is Huet's knee bothering him still after that Buffalo game? Haven't heard too much on that

I wouldn't look for something too hard. Huet was shaky in pre-season and lost game 1. let in 4 goals plus lost in a shoot-out. Abby let in 2 goals and won a shoot-out. Going with Abby in game 3 makes complete sense. Sure Huet got the new contract but I think Carb has made it clear that there really isn't a number 1. The hot hand will play.

Huet's average is kind of hurtin at the moment. Let him chill. I hope he gets that competitve bug he had last year. I got used to seeing all those dougnuts, now if he let's in three goals I'm bummed.

Good for Abby!! I'm glad he's getting the chance to show his stuff. Sittin on the bench in Montreal could end his career.

Yes i also hope we see the team with alot of speed and offense that played against Buffalo. They should, they had 3 days off. As far as goaltending, know one is being shopped. I think or atleast i hope to see in any back to back both goalies play regardless of the outcome. Then the rest of the games is simple, you win, you get to stay in.

Hey just some food for discussion since the game is still so far away.

I'm just reading Habsworld, Tsn, bla bla bla.......and I keep reading about how bad Saku's eye is. I mean he is really being open about blind spots and blurry peripheral, losing pucks in his feet, needs new contacts. It's actually kind of fishy to me considering he looks like olympic form out there. I think he'll have his best season this year.

Usually players hide injuries or problems that other teams don't NEED to know about. I'm thinking Saku wants other players to think he's screwed up, maby it will open up the ice a little bit for our blind captain.

I don't know, may seem a little far fetched but he is really looking good out there considering his eyeball is about to pop out, and his coke bottle glasses don't work because of the growth on his eye is covering his entire head.

Hey just some food for discussion since the game is still so far away.

I'm just reading Habsworld, Tsn, bla bla bla.......and I keep reading about how bad Saku's eye is. I mean he is really being open about blind spots and blurry peripheral, losing pucks in his feet, needs new contacts. It's actually kind of fishy to me considering he looks like olympic form out there. I think he'll have his best season this year.

Usually players hide injuries or problems that other teams don't NEED to know about. I'm thinking Saku wants other players to think he's screwed up, maby it will open up the ice a little bit for our blind captain.

I don't know, may seem a little far fetched but he is really looking good out there considering his eyeball is about to pop out, and his coke bottle glasses don't work because of the growth on his eye is covering his entire head.

Actually, I found it rather obvious that he was having troubles with the eye. Couple of times he whiffed on pass receptions when he was looking up and he also had trouble with the puck in his skates now and again.

Actually, I found it rather obvious that he was having troubles with the eye. Couple of times he whiffed on pass receptions when he was looking up and he also had trouble with the puck in his skates now and again.

True, but he was worse last year. He really struggled last year with the puck at times. I think he has looked better this year. Perhaps because he doesn't take it for granted and is concentrating harder....

My guess is that Huet might have strained something during the buffalo game an the team is just doing this to be safe

I do think we should trade one of them during the year. Way too costly for a backup

Hey wats up guys!! Catclaw awesome game thread.

One thing I don't really understand how come Aebischer's GAA is 1.88 when he only played 1 game and had 2 GA...so shouldnt it be a 2.00 GAA?

And NHL.com has him at 1.85

Can someone clear this up?

And also Huet has a 3.69 GAA when letting in 4 GA... :?-

My guess is that Huet might have strained something during the buffalo game an the team is just doing this to be safe

I do think we should trade one of them during the year. Way too costly for a backup

I agree, markierung. I think Huet definitely pulled something in that shootout.

Though I'm not sure Gainey is looking to deal one othef them. With the exception of the truly elite guys like Kiprusoff, Luongo and Brodeur, it doesn't look like many goalies are going to get 65 or more this year. Lots of teams seem content to have two #1 goalies and my hunch is that the Habs are one of them.

Hey wats up guys!! Catclaw awesome game thread.

One thing I don't really understand how come Aebischer's GAA is 1.88 when he only played 1 game and had 2 GA...so shouldnt it be a 2.00 GAA?

And NHL.com has him at 1.85

Can someone clear this up?

And also Huet has a 3.69 GAA when letting in 4 GA... :?-

For GAA purposes, one game is defined as 60 minutes. Since both games went into OT, both of our goalies have strange looking GAAs.

Is the game going to start soon? :?-

Is the game going to start soon? :?-

AAAAARGH, tomorrow....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry for the stupid post. Its 4:48 am here in the UAE and I'm struggling to finish an assignment that is due in a couple of hours in NA. Sleep deprivation does funny things to my brain sometimes

PMAC : HANG ON!!! :)

--

ok...

1- as the other said : GOOD GAME THREAD CATACLAW!!! :)

2- huet : huet just have to feel comfy with his damn new pads and he'll be back as strong as he did last season... plz be patient ;)

3- koivu eye's condition : koivu is STILL having blind spots and this, until he retires... so saku will have to deal with it and he did well from what we saw since the camp~ our captain said that he is the one who has to accept the fact and ignore the blind spots so it wont affect his play~ he also said that he sumtimes missed the puck during faceoffs... but i'm very happy with his performance until now :)

FACEOFFS!!! i'm soooo happy to see that we improved that aspect of our play!!! last year was so miserable to see HOW MANY TIMES we lost in faceoffs!!! carbo knows a LOT about it and i'm happy that he taught some tricks to the players so they improved this aspect :)

GHG!!!

I'm busy tomorrow got school so I'll miss the game which sucks.

umm... skip class? :D