Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Philadelphia | 10/11/06

Cataclaw

Should I Feel insulted from that statement? :o I think with a screen name like dumpsamsonov you should prove the following:

Why should Samsonov be dumped.

If you bother to listen to Bob McKenzie you would have known the facts about Latandresse.

Just my 2 cents! :D

samsonov should not be dumped until at least the xmas break. we should be getting behind our players not dissing them.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win last night. The first 2 periods were very well played. Is it just me or is this team only capable of playing hard for 40 minutes? Did the habs look slow last the last 2 games or is Philly and Toronto not as slow as i thought?

The last 4 or 5 years they didn't play hard in the first, now they don't play hard in the third.

Good news:

all the lines seem to be playing pretty well even though they are not scoring alot.

Defense looks pretty solid, better speed. Dandy and Niinimaa look very good.

Goaltending has been outstanding.

Lats looked better last night, Perez looked very good, Top line outstanding again.

Bad news:

Lazy penalties creeping back in (Dandy's was a bad call)

Can't play for 60 minutes

Don't shoot nearly enough (numerous good scoring chances last night made passes instead)

Once they get a lead they sit on it instead of extending the lead.

Great win last night. The first 2 periods were very well played. Is it just me or is this team only capable of playing hard for 40 minutes? Did the habs look slow last the last 2 games or is Philly and Toronto not as slow as i thought?

The last 4 or 5 years they didn't play hard in the first, now they don't play hard in the third.

Good news:

all the lines seem to be playing pretty well even though they are not scoring alot.

Defense looks pretty solid, better speed. Dandy and Niinimaa look very good.

Goaltending has been outstanding.

Lats looked better last night, Perez looked very good, Top line outstanding again.

Bad news:

Lazy penalties creeping back in (Dandy's was a bad call)

Can't play for 60 minutes

Don't shoot nearly enough (numerous good scoring chances last night made passes instead)

Once they get a lead they sit on it instead of extending the lead.

you have made fair points but it is only 2 games in and with the youngsters and new boys not being here that long we havnt developed a rythm or system yet but we will get better when they become more used to playing with each other.

If a player is under 20 he can't play in the AHL, he has to go back to Jr

really? why is that then? age shouldnt matter really should it?

If a player is under 20 he can't play in the AHL, he has to go back to Jr

That's not true. If you bothered reading my post you would of seen that I had an example of a player who is 19 and plays on the Albany River Rats. It has to do with the year the are drafted if I understood it correctly from Kozed et al.

That's not true. If you bothered reading my post you would of seen that I had an example of a player who is 19 and plays on the Albany River Rats. It has to do with the year the are drafted if I understood it correctly from Kozed et al.

:bow: you told him oh great one :wacko:

Should I Feel insulted from that statement? :o I think with a screen name like dumpsamsonov you should prove the following:

Why should Samsonov be dumped.

If you bother to listen to Bob McKenzie you would have known the facts about Latandresse.

Just my 2 cents! :D

I wasn't trying to insult. Fact is it's not his age because 19 year olds can play in the AHL. It's the year he was drafted in that is the deciding factor (at least that's what I got from the 2 seconds I looked at Kozed's post). Why should I listen to old pumpkin head Mckenzie anyway :?- :D

I don't have to explain why Samsonov should be dumped (although I already did :blink: )> It's just a screen name and doesn't really have much meaning. Besides, in 3 or 4 years (probably way before) he'll be long gone and it will give me something to remember him by :P

:bow: you told him oh great one :wacko:

That's right and don't forget it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latendresse cannot play in the AHL until the major junior season is over. This is because he was born in 1987.

The eligibility rules for AHL play are different for College and Euro players than for Major Junior players.

The rules are different because NHL gives a concession to major juniors so that MJ gets to keep their better players. It is also a way for a few more AHL players to keep their jobs.

Cumiskey was born in 1986 - this makes a difference. Read Article 8.7(b ) of the CBA.

Kozed knows what he is talking about. InsaneAVSFan knows what he is talking about. They are longtime members of good standing on HW who have consistently shown an understanding of the game of hockey and the NHL. The fact that they are longtime members does not make them more knowledgeable, but it does give those of us reading the board evidence by which to evaluate their knowledge.

Latendresse is currently exempt from waivers. I have not carefully read CBA 13.4(a,b ) to be sure, but I don't think he gets elligible until 2009.

Edited by simonus

I was refering to players who were playing Jr when drafted. The player you are talking about in Albany is considered to be a 20 yr old based on his birth date.

Latendresse cannot play in the AHL until the major junior season is over. This is because he was born in 1987.

The eligibility rules for AHL play are different for College and Euro players than for Major Junior players.

The rules are different because NHL gives a concession to major juniors so that MJ gets to keep their better players. It is also a way for a few more AHL players to keep their jobs.

Cumiskey was born in 1986 - this makes a difference. Read Article 8.7(b ) of the CBA.

Kozed knows what he is talking about. InsaneAVSFan knows what he is talking about. They are longtime members of good standing on HW who have consistently shown an understanding of the game of hockey and the NHL. The fact that they are longtime members does not make them more knowledgeable, but it does give those of us reading the board evidence by which to evaluate their knowledge.

Latendresse is currently exempt from waivers. I have not carefully read CBA 13.4(a,b ) to be sure, but I don't think he gets elligible until 2009.

If he plays in 11 games or more it's 2009, if less than that it's 2010

I wasn't contesting Kozed's or anyone else's knowledge of hockey red tape. I was merely stating that since there were other players in the AHL that were 19 that his age was not the limiting factor but the league he played in or draft year or what have you. The statement that he is too young to play in the AHL is still false. More accurately it should be stated that because he played in the Quebec Major Junior league he cannot play in the AHL because he is too young. An all encompassing statement like because he is 19 he is too young to play in the AHL cannot be made because clearly it is false . The part about him playing in the QMJHL must be added to make the statement accurate... ok I'll stop rambling now :blink::lol:

Bonk had a team-leading 5 blocked shots. That's amazing for a forward. Bonk was also our forward with the most icetime last night (18:20). Second was Mike Johnson (17:59).

I have a feeling Aebischer will get the start vs Ottawa.